PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-03-2014, 07:44 PM #1
emag521

Annual Supporting Member
Looking for a good field to walk-on to play at in MD

I have been out of the game for about 10 years. I live in south Jersey almost dead center between the Williamstown NJ fields and the MD fields (the MD fields are a little closer) and seem a little better. I am looking for a field that I can make a home field, and would like to play at least 2 times a month. I will play woods or speed ball, it really doesn’t matter I just want to start playing again. I played religiously every weekend for 2 years in the past. I wound up having to get out of the game due to life and uncontrollable circumstances.

I had a question for the people that play or have played at the fields below. Do any of the fields have a better walk-on following (regulars if you will)? If so which day is normally better Saturday or Sunday (I will most likely be stuck on Sunday)? Is there a forum somewhere that one might go to see who is playing where and when? I would like to avoid heading out to a field and then have no one playing. Any other information about the fields would be helpful as well.

All these fields are within an hour to me sorted by closest.
A2Z Paintball - has been closed due to weather.
Mansion Farm House - was closed when I went by this past Sunday.
Paintball Action Games - Other than the website I dont know much.
OXCC - Stuck my head in the pro-shop 2 weeks ago seems to be a nice place.
Northeast Adventure Paintball - Only Website info gathered
Robin Hood - Again only website info gathered.

Thanks
emag521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:06 PM #2
brent148
Cookies taste good!

brent148 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
brent148 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
brent148 supports Empire
I would say go to paintball action games for walk on play. They have good woodsball but no sup air type fields. Oxcc is a great field but the walk on play isn't great. If you have a team oxcc. As a walk on paintball action games. I dont know about the other fields too much. My best recommendation instead of just listening to me is go to one field that month then the next one the other month.

PAP Rules!
brent148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:52 PM #3
UPG1

Robinhood is run well. Refs keep things moving and there's a good variation of fields. There's usually a mix of experienced and new players. You can bring your own paint. Its definitely a good spot for walk-on.
UPG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:09 PM #4
BO$$

I'm not sure how far you are, but you can check out Pasadena Paintball Park. The website is being rebuilt (limited information), but you can find some photos on the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pasad...0864939?ref=hl
www.paintballsportsandsupply.com
BO$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:59 PM #5
emag521

Annual Supporting Member
Thanks guys. I am located about a mile from the Delaware memorial bridge on the Jersey side. Robinhood is the furthest field from me clocking in at 45 minutes, which is fine. I am just looking for a good place to play and hangout for the day and maybe become a regular. My 2 years of paintball 10 years ago consisted of speedball at what is now the Playground paintball park in Mantua NJ. I stopped by there to check it out and they have really geared towards teams now.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:54 AM #6
clarkie070988
A traveling man

Annual Supporting Member
clarkie070988 plays in the PSP
clarkie070988 plays in the APPA D4 division
clarkie070988 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
clarkie070988 is Legendary
clarkie070988 is Boss
clarkie070988 supports DLX Technology
Out of those oxcc would be closer and best bet
Wanna Play Paintball/YourPBfriend/OCD Paintball
LUXE MOB/PUMP OT/Back Players Gang/BST Perfection/World Ballas/Fat Ballers Club
Dynasty Nxt
clarkie070988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:09 PM #7
emag521

Annual Supporting Member
I figure it is, I want to play this Sunday 3/9, I just don't want to show up with no one else there. Its rough I have about 10 fields within an hour or less from me some more popular than others. However, there are no threads anywhere that I am aware of with people (walk-ons) saying were they will be playing, except for teams. It makes it difficult to just show up at a field and hope there are enough walk-ons to play.

I use to be big into RC Racing years ago and there were always threads with people saying where they were going so you knew where the racing was.

At least if there was some chatter as to were people were playing it would make the choice easier.

Last edited by emag521 : 03-07-2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:07 PM #8
Eraser Paintball

Eraser Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Well...I can say there will be at least 2 walk-ons at Robinhood this Sunday!
Eraser Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:08 PM #9
stalefishsk8er

stalefishsk8er supports Team VICIOUS
stalefishsk8er is for the Gunfight
stalefishsk8er supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by emag521 View Post
I figure it is, I want to play this Sunday 3/9, I just don't want to show up with no one else there. Its rough I have about 10 fields within an hour or less from me some more popular than others. However, there are no threads anywhere that I am aware of with people (walk-ons) saying were they will be playing, except for teams. It makes it difficult to just show up at a field and hope there are enough walk-ons to play.

I use to be big into RC Racing years ago and there were always threads with people saying where they were going so you knew where the racing was.

At least if there was some chatter as to were people were playing it would make the choice easier.
from my experience at working at robinhood we had to sometimes split up the walk-ons into two different groups base on experience/woodsball/speedball groups and we usually have a great turnout of walkons during the summer months
Old 03-08-2014, 06:54 AM #10
emag521

Annual Supporting Member
I was kind of leaning towards trying out Robinhood this Sunday with some of the things that I have heard.

Its been 10 years I need to shake off the rust.

Thanks
Old 03-08-2014, 08:08 PM #11
dps093
My position=Deadbox

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
Mansion House Farm is a nice relaxed environment for woodsball. During the Winter, most people usually come out Saturday, so that's your best bet to play. OXCC also has good woodsball play.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:11 AM #12
stalefishsk8er

stalefishsk8er is for the Gunfight
stalefishsk8er supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by emag521 View Post
I was kind of leaning towards trying out Robinhood this Sunday with some of the things that I have heard.

Its been 10 years I need to shake off the rust.

Thanks
from my experience from working there we always have a decent amount of walk-ons
Old 03-09-2014, 05:34 PM #13
emag521

Annual Supporting Member
Thanks guys. I actually stopped out at Robinhood today and had a good time. There was a good group of walk-ons about 10 with there own equipment and a good group of renters. Wound up having to leave early though, I tweaked my back yesterday and was in pain playing today, I endured it as long as I could.

It was a good place, the staff was awesome I had an issue with the paint I bought from them and they replaced with no issues. They even added in some extra paint for the trouble. My first experience was definitely A+. I will be going back for sure.

Last edited by emag521 : 03-09-2014 at 09:15 PM.
ReplyRegional Ups