Community Focus

Old 06-12-2012, 11:49 PM #1
branowafflz

branowafflz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
branowafflz is for the Gunfight
branowafflz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
branowafflz has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Best barrel for the axe

I need a quiete barrel for my axe, but i want it to be accurate at the same time. Help?
branowafflz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2012, 11:54 PM #2
cmdrsuds

Disruptive barrels are worth a look.

-
DENVER KAOS
cmdrsuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:20 AM #3
808_PB

808_PB supports Team VICIOUS
808_PB supports Team VICIOUS
808_PB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
808_PB is attending Decay of Nations VI
Barrels aren't the only thing that factor in "accuracy" Look in to dye ultra lites or freak barrels
808_PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:00 AM #4
zoo520
dust black

zoo520 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
zoo520 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrsuds View Post
Disruptive barrels are worth a look.
Dot. The new models are now available, called the "deathtouch" but I havent been able to try one out yet. Im pretty sure the control bore is longer.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:12 AM #5
Harribo

If youre after an quiet barrel the disruptive is the way go. Very good barrel. The deathtouch barrels do have a 8 inch control bore vs the old 6.5 i believe.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:54 AM #6
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

The lurker eigenbarrel is amazingly light, has a nice control bore and is crazy quiet... not to mention it is cheap. It is the best value IMO.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:41 PM #7
Chrismeisterpmc
C-Nasty

Chrismeisterpmc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Chrismeisterpmc plays in the APPA D4 division
I have a disruptive barrel on my axe and mini, shoots amazing. Quiet, light, accurate, and shoots money son. Do yourself some good and pick one up.

-$50
-2-piece barrel
-choose your bore size (I chose .688)
-choose your barrel length (I chose 15')
-choose front and back colors
Chris Hale #19
Chrismeisterpmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:46 PM #8
stauffera12
Nitro Valley

stauffera12 is an NCPA player
stauffera12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
stauffera12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Freak barrels r my favorite, id go with one of those or the dye.
#17 Temple Paintball
stauffera12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:26 AM #9
Harribo

Let me just make it clear that the disruptive is quieter than both. It is quieter than anything really, except lucky15 and lurker. It is on pair with those.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:04 AM #10
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I have no problems or complaints about my 14" freak barrel kit with AA front. Also have used a 12" .686 boomstick and I prefer the freak due to the ability to fit the paint to the barrel better and I prefer the extra two inches. It is accurate and I like the distance that I get with it as well.

Quietness is not an issue to me when I'm playing. I find how loud or quiet my barrel is has zero impact on my ability to shoot players out or prevent being shot out so that is why I don't care about the noise my marker makes.

I would be interested to see a decibal test on markers with different barrels to figure out how big the difference really is.

Last edited by CockerMan86 : 06-15-2012 at 02:13 AM.
CockerMan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:37 AM #11
OoZoo
Work hard.

OoZoo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
OoZoo is for the Gunfight
OoZoo supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
The lurker eigenbarrel is amazingly light, has a nice control bore and is crazy quiet... not to mention it is cheap. It is the best value IMO.
Small'ish bore sizes though. Highest is .685 when I like the use barrels in the .691 region :T
Old 06-19-2012, 05:50 AM #12
Harribo

But not everbody likes to overbore. including myself. It really comes down to what bore sizes the OP likes, and not everybody else. If you like underboring go lurker. If not, then go disruptive. He clearly wants a quiet barrel.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:26 PM #13
justicexd
mowing faces since '83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harribo View Post
Let me just make it clear that the disruptive is quieter than both. It is quieter than anything really, except lucky15 and lurker. It is on pair with those.
Disruptive one piece barrels are quieter than both the lucky 15 and the lurker barrel, the older two piece Disruptive are not... As far as sound goes, the new Disruptive "Deathtouch" is pretty much on par with their one piece barrels.
justicexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:14 PM #14
Harribo

Interesting. I guess you have or have had the pleasure to test the deathtouch? Gotta get me the deathtouch, i have the older two piece. I do also have the dye ul, eigen, freak and lucky15 and i was refering to the disruptive two piece beeing quieter then both freak and UL.

I just love quiet markers.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:11 PM #15
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Quote:
Originally Posted by justicexd View Post
Disruptive one piece barrels are quieter than... lurker barrel, .
Very much doubt it. Their porting design is what I consider correct, but the eigenbarrel has more rows of it to diffuse sound
Old 06-19-2012, 05:53 PM #16
nboyy11

nboyy11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
nboyy11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ive always used the cp 2 piece on any gun
nboyy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:51 PM #17
Team Misfit
Blue Thunder

Team Misfit is playing at Living Legends VII
Team Misfit owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Team Misfit supports Pev's Paintball
Team Misfit is attending Decay of Nations VI
Team Misfit supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrismeisterpmc
I have a disruptive barrel on my axe and mini, shoots amazing. Quiet, light, accurate, and shoots money son. Do yourself some good and pick one up.

-$50
-2-piece barrel
-choose your bore size (I chose .688)
-choose your barrel length (I chose 15')
-choose front and back colors
Not bad at all! What website?
56/45 Empire Ultra Light Tank
Indianapolis Mutiny New England Hurricane Portland Uprising
Dorito Player | Blue Thunder
Team Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:20 AM #18
Chrismeisterpmc
C-Nasty

Chrismeisterpmc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Chrismeisterpmc plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Misfit

Not bad at all! What website?
I'm pretty sure it's www.disruptivepaintball.com
I may be wrong though, but I think that's right. It's been a whole since I been on their site haha
Chris Hale #19
Chrismeisterpmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:25 PM #19
Shru

I have owned the lurker barrels,dye barrels,freak backs with all american fronts,lucky 15 barrels,critical 100g barrel,deadlywind barrel,disruptive 2 pc barrels...

I currently own the disruptive 1 pc barrels now, as well as the new deathtouch barrels...
I recieved the new deathtouch 2 pc barrels 3 days after disruptive recieved them in the store....
I talked to Robert at disruptive alot over the winter time while waiting for the .686 one piece barrels to come in, and he let me know they got the new 2 pc. deathtouch barrels and was willing to send me a prototype one to test out...

The quietest barrel on todays market is the disruptive 1 pc barrel which retails for 40.00
The new deathtouch barrel is exactly on par as far as sound signature with the disruptive 1 pc barrel, I could not notice a difference between the two...
The 2 pc disruptive barrel was slightly louder than the 1 pc barrel, I had discussed this with Robert from disruptive as well and he also agreed that they all thought the 2 pc disruptive barrel was slightly louder than the 1 pc as well...

The new deathtouch barrels retails for 60.00 for a tip and back or 35.00 just for a back, or 25.00 just for a tip...I believe all 4 backs,2 tips and case for the new deathtouch barrels is like 189.95..
The difference between the new deathtouch 2 pc barrels versus the original 2 pc disruptive barrels is that the new deathtouch barrels have a longer control bore which is stated above in someone elses post, also the new deathtouch barrels are reverse threaded similar to the PE shaft 4 barrels...
Also in my opinion the original disruptive 2 pc barrels just did not seem to seal maybe as good as the new deathtouch 2 pc barrels, there was a tiny bit of vibration between the 2 halves and the sound signature was not as quiet as the 1 pc disrutpive barrels...
They fixed this with the reverse threading in my opinion,I cannot tell the difference at all between my 1 pc and 2 pc deathtouch....

Forgive me for repeating myself a bit, all the barrels i have owned, I liked...
however the new deathtouch 2 pc barrels or the regular disruptive 1 pc barrels are the quietest i have found on todays market...
I would give lurkers barrel a very close second, some claim that the lucky 15 is one of the quietest barrels out as well, however there was a noticeable difference in sound signature between my 1 pc barrel versus the lucky 15 1 pc barrel...

The new deathtouch barrels come in the same exact size as the older disruptive barrels, these are .678 .682 .686 .688
I would recommend throwing a lurker .684 in between the .682 and .686 if you feel need to of course...
The tests i did was just pure non scientific of course, I did not use a decimal meter or anything like that, just using my own 2 ears on several different markers...
I mainly use my 1 pc disruptive barrels, and will be ordering a few more backs for the deathtouch barrel, they sent me a 15 inch tip with .686 back which i asked for, I will be ordering a .682 deathtouch back as well, most paint i shoot is only needing these 2 backs so i do not feel the need to have the .678 or the .688 anymore...since 99 percent of the time i only use the .686

Take it for what you want, but i have listed all the barrels i have owned and none of them were as quiet as the disruptive 1 pc barrel or the new 2 pc deathtouch barrel....

Forgot to mention, Throw in a CP barrel as well in the mix, owned one of them as well....
if you decide to go with the deathtouch barrel or the disruptive 1 pc barrel, I would call them first, at least this is how i order if at all possible...
Robert is a great guy that works for disrutpive paintball and will be more than willing to make you a very happy person when you order, he is a top notch guy, and Ryan could not have picked a better guy to work with him, Ryan being the owner...

I only use the 15 inch tip on the deathtouch barrel or the 1 pc 15 inch disruptive barrel
forgot to mention this as well...
Goodluck in your choice, but if you are looking for the quietest barrel, than look no further..

Last edited by Shru : 06-21-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Shru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:57 AM #20
Louisiana Red

Louisiana Red owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Louisiana Red supports DLX Technology
I'm really satisfied with the barrel I picked up from disruptive.
Louisiana Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:21 PM #21
PAINTBALL-IS-LIFE18

PAINTBALL-IS-LIFE18 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PAINTBALL-IS-LIFE18 is for the Gunfight
Definately a deadly wind barrel its worth the price
PAINTBALL-IS-LIFE18 is offline   Reply With Quote