Swanie08
BennyBeNastyy

Annual Supporting Member
Swanie08 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Swanie08 supports Team VICIOUS
Swanie08 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethWshBkr View Post
Why do people put "it is a 2k11" "a 2k12" or something of the like?
You are not saving any typing by putting a 'k' instead of a '0'. I have been on a "language fit" recently, as it seems we as a whole are losing our capacity to communicate properly. Proper usage of language is a critical aspect of a society, yet correct punctuation, spelling, and grammar have been on a strong and steady decline.
Posts once, hides in fear of the K!
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2012, 10:19 AM #23
DethWshBkr

Not so much. I'm just not seeing too much worthy of a response.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:20 AM #24
loki1313
I NEED MY MAKER'S

loki1313 plays in the PSP
loki1313 posts videos on PbNation
loki1313 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethWshBkr

Not so much. I'm just not seeing too much worthy of a response.
Funny, that's how I felt about your original post.
loki1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:28 PM #25
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
OP,

While I agree that grammar on teh internet is pretty bad, (Thier, your /youre, definatly, etc), I just don't let it get to me. It's just typos or ignorance. It's not malicious.

Also, there's a difference between the "decline of proper grammar" and slang. Everything changes and evolves. Including our speech. We must sound like drunken yokel neanderthals compared to 800 years ago.

There's plenty of other things you should be worried about. There's murder, rape, theft, and corruption just outside your door. If all you gotta worry about is grammar and punctuation, than you're having a good day.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // PM6 // Angel Speed 05 FST
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:29 AM #26
loki1313
I NEED MY MAKER'S

loki1313 plays in the PSP
loki1313 posts videos on PbNation
loki1313 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by o5pr3y
OP,

While I agree that grammar on teh internet is pretty bad, (Thier, your /youre, definatly, etc), I just don't let it get to me. It's just typos or ignorance. It's not malicious.

Also, there's a difference between the "decline of proper grammar" and slang. Everything changes and evolves. Including our speech. We must sound like drunken yokel neanderthals compared to 800 years ago.

There's plenty of other things you should be worried about. There's murder, rape, theft, and corruption just outside your door. If all you gotta worry about is grammar and punctuation, than you're having a good day.
there has always been murder, tape, theft, and corruption outside your door. only difference is now we have tv channels to tell you about all of it
loki1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:14 AM #27
‹GOD›
PMGWC Council

‹GOD› helped look for balloons
‹GOD› is playing at Living Legends III
‹GOD› owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
...it seems we as a whole are losing our capacity to communicate properly...
Really? Your word choice is indicative that you are aware of a situation where one or more person is unable to comprehend what another is attempting to convey due to minor changes in written/typed English. The only legitimate occurrence of this is present with two groups: the elderly due to their lack of exposure and individuals who's native language is something other than English. If your affirmation were true, society as a whole would be breaking down which it is not.

Quote:
Proper usage of language is a critical aspect of a society, yet correct punctuation, spelling, and grammar have been on a strong and steady decline.
So critical that it's been cast to the side and ignored by many. How can something so critical be so easily disregarded? It's pretty simple, you can't argue that it's on a decline or its importance. Language (as mentioned above) is constantly evolving to suit the needs of the users. As technology has advanced the pace of everyday life has increased. We expect immediate gratification these days. Fast food, email, virtual goods, all examples of things that arose from our "go go go" and "now now now" lifestyles. Our ability to communicate with one another through language has been forced to follow suit.

One other significant factor in current language trends is text messages. Typically limited to 160 characters (including punctuation and spaces,) SMS users are forced to cram a complete, coherent thought into a very limited space. With texting being such a popular method for communication, English has had to adapt in the form of increased abbreviations and acronyms.
OLD FEEDBACK
"Originally posted by Gordofski: you can trust GOD though"
‹GOD› is offline   Reply With Quote