Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-12-2012, 02:05 PM #1
bdeberg

The Most Important Question….

You must ask yourself is…when you pass on from this life do you want to stand before God on the basis of your own deeds or works? I mean really? No one has lived a perfect life and the thought that somehow all the “good” things you did in your life will somehow outweigh the bad things is pretty shaky at best. If God is perfect wouldn’t he demand perfection from his creation (i.e. obeying the law at all times)?

There is however someone who led a perfect life and never sinned. Simply by asking Yeshua (Jesus) to be your savior his righteousness will be credited to your account and you will not have to fear standing before God with the threat of condemnation. So please make the wise choice before it is too late….
bdeberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2012, 06:07 PM #2
Iamamartianchurch

Thank you for reading. I will answer any questions further you may have
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:28 PM #3
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Spock is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeberg View Post
You must ask yourself is…when you pass on from this life do you want to stand before God on the basis of your own deeds or works? I mean really? No one has lived a perfect life and the thought that somehow all the “good” things you did in your life will somehow outweigh the bad things is pretty shaky at best. If God is perfect wouldn’t he demand perfection from his creation (i.e. obeying the law at all times)?

There is however someone who led a perfect life and never sinned. Simply by asking Yeshua (Jesus) to be your savior his righteousness will be credited to your account and you will not have to fear standing before God with the threat of condemnation. So please make the wise choice before it is too late….
How do we know that Jesus wasn't sent by Satan to lull us into a false sense of security, so that we live less than ideal lives thinking we'll be forgiven anyway?

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:09 AM #4
Gisgo09
vGisgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
How do we know that Jesus wasn't sent by Satan to lull us into a false sense of security, so that we live less than ideal lives thinking we'll be forgiven anyway?

http://www.lurkerpb.com/
Gisgo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:02 PM #5
automagsrule
LOIC

messiahbot < islamobot

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
automagsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:46 AM #6
Silverghost

Silverghost plays in the PSP
Silverghost owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Silverghost is an NCPA player
Silverghost plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
Your question is loaded with contradiction on yourself. Jesus died for everyone to atone for our sins, which everyone in this world is a sinner. Accepting Christ doesn't cause you to live a less than ideal life. If you accept Christ just for the sake of being able to go off and do whatever the hell you want, you never accepted Christ to begin with. You're either for Him or against Him, there is no middle ground.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:55 AM #7
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
You could be accepting Christ without knowing he was sent by the devil. Your post doesn't counter Spock's in the slightest bit.

If I make friends with a pedophile without knowing he's a pedophile, that doesn't mean he isn't a pedophile. If a friend told me he's only in to older women, that doesn't mean the guy isn't still a pedophile.

Have you met Jesus? Don't answer that. We all know the answer already...

So how do you know who he was? You get one side of the story from one side of the fence. Last time I checked, Satan never put out a book. You never get to hear his side of the story. You're being told everything from one source and accepting it as fact without taking a look at the other side. God's being the child here, name-calling and smack-talking the devil while the devil just sits back and has better things to do. Hell, maybe he's actually saving people's lives while God dishes out another tsunami to kill a few more thousand people

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien

Last edited by Treghc : 06-14-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:20 PM #8
Silverghost

The arguments you are presenting are nothing new. The Pharisees called Jesus Satan even when they saw him perform miracles in front of their eyes. Jesus defended himself best in Mthw 12:22-32 on why that wasn't true or possible. I'm going to assume you don't accept the Bible as historical fact however though.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:27 PM #9
Treghc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverghost View Post
The arguments you are presenting are nothing new. The Pharisees called Jesus Satan even when they saw him perform miracles in front of their eyes. Jesus defended himself best in Mthw 12:22-32 on why that wasn't true or possible. I'm going to assume you don't accept the Bible as historical fact however though.
That still does nothing to refute the theory that the devil himself created Jesus and sent him to "save" mankind, which could have all been a trick to get people to believe in him, thus end up with the devil and not in God's kingdom after death.

The parts of the Bible I accept as historical fact are those passages that are backed by other sources. This is how all belief should be. The more sources that can be used to agree with a particular event, the better. Basing "fact" off what one source says is entirely stupid and foolish.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 06-14-2012, 12:28 PM #10
Treghc

Quote:
That still does nothing to refute the theory that the devil himself created Jesus and sent him to "save" mankind, which could have all been a trick to get people to believe in him, thus end up with the devil and not in God's kingdom after death.

The parts of the Bible I accept as historical fact are those passages that are backed by other sources. This is how all belief should be. The more sources that can be used to agree with a particular event, the better. Basing "fact" of what one source says is entirely stupid and foolish.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 06-14-2012, 12:45 PM #11
Silverghost

So you're theory is this - Satan fulfilled the prophecy of the coming of Christ and the life of Christ. Went around preaching against himself, teaching people to go against himself, to not do bad things, to love other people, etc. so that they would accept him instead of the real Jesus. OH and then Satan punished himself by dying for all sinners on the cross so that they may be forgiven for their sins? This is absurd. Satan did not pull a trick-o-treat preaching against himself.

EDIT - Also for sources, the NT is more backed than any historical text from that era, not to mention consistency. The next best from that time would be Homer, which don't even come close. 8,000+ manuscripts for NT, 643 for Illiad.

Last edited by Silverghost : 06-14-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Silverghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:53 PM #12
Gisgo09
vGisgo

^Yes that's absurd, but none of what's written in any other religious doctrine is.....

http://www.lurkerpb.com/
Gisgo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:59 PM #13
Silverghost

^^I don't completely disagree with you, but I will say that we are all in need of a savior and Jesus Christ is the only one that can atone for us. Whereas many other religions focus on what you must/have to do for God, rather than what He does for you.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:22 PM #14
Iamamartianchurch

Do you really think that the answer to biggest question in human existence is to worship One man and that's all that is required of you?

No.

The point of Christianity is not about accepting one man as some lord and savior.

The point is to stop eating the apple. Which means stop.giving into temptation. Stop taking the easy path out. Stop trying to be like god without earning it. Stop perpetuating the fall.

By thinking all you have to do is believe one man died for you and thereby excusing all your mistakes you continue to eat the ****ing apple.

Put it down. No wonder so many Christians are mocked as hypocrites. Admitting you aren't perfect is a bull**** excuse for taking the easy path to spirituality.

/drunk rant
Old 06-14-2012, 06:15 PM #15
Silverghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Do you really think that the answer to biggest question in human existence is to worship One man and that's all that is required of you?

No.

The point of Christianity is not about accepting one man as some lord and savior.

The point is to stop eating the apple. Which means stop.giving into temptation. Stop taking the easy path out. Stop trying to be like god without earning it. Stop perpetuating the fall.

By thinking all you have to do is believe one man died for you and thereby excusing all your mistakes you continue to eat the ****ing apple.

Put it down. No wonder so many Christians are mocked as hypocrites. Admitting you aren't perfect is a bull**** excuse for taking the easy path to spirituality.

/drunk rant
I don't know what crap you've been listening to or hearing from people, but the point of Christianity is the GOSPEL. In a nut shell, God.Our.Sins.Paying.Everyone.Life. That man is total depraved, incapable of atoning or working off his sins on his own, but in need of a savior/sacrificial lamb/Jesus to pay the ransom that originated in the garden. The easy path would be to walk away from the gospel and live our own lives apart from Christ completely and just do as we please. People that don't walk in Christ's footsteps make it sound so easy when it really isn't.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:29 PM #16
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
I don't know what crap you've been listening to or hearing from people, but the point of Christianity is the GOSPEL. In a nut shell, God.Our.Sins.Paying.Everyone.Life. That man is total depraved, incapable of atoning or working off his sins on his own, but in need of a savior/sacrificial lamb/Jesus to pay the ransom that originated in the garden. The easy path would be to walk away from the gospel and live our own lives apart from Christ completely and just do as we please. People that don't walk in Christ's footsteps make it sound so easy when it really isn't.
Nothing in the garden of Eden story alludes to or implies that man needs a savior.

Want to walk christs path? Leave your comforts of home and fast in the wilderness for a week. Meditate after day 3. See how you come back from that experience.

Or you can half *** your spirituality and take the easy path.

Want enlightenment? Go get it. Want to be christ like? Walk his path and stop making excuses.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:44 PM #17
Silverghost

Clearly you've never read the Bible or very little of it. Sin originated in the garden of eden. They ate from the tree of knowledge when God told them not to and it was forbidden. Disobeying/going against God = Sin last time I checked. I follow the great commission and make disciples in the modern world just as Jesus calls those who follow Him to do.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:17 PM #18
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Clearly you've never read the Bible or very little of it. Sin originated in the garden of eden. They ate from the tree of knowledge when God told them not to and it was forbidden. Disobeying/going against God = Sin last time I checked. I follow the great commission and make disciples in the modern world just as Jesus calls those who follow Him to do.
Its pretty clear I've been talking about Eden this whole time. Its pretty clear to me that you are part of the problem not the solution. Have you considered purchasing a Prius?
Old 06-14-2012, 07:34 PM #19
F1VENOM

Anyone else find it a bit hilarious that god didn't want them to eat the fruit of knowledge? Stay ignorant and follow the writings of those who stood to benefit from your adherence.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:17 PM #20
Iamamartianchurch

It could be that he wanted them to figure it out for themselves. There's nothing that really says we were made to be ignorant gardeners. **** Florida.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:15 PM #21
Umami
&quot;That guy&quot;

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
we are all in need of a savior
I don't. KTHANKSBYE