Community Focus

Old 06-29-2012, 01:27 AM #22
mnycsbob
"Prepare to Engage"

mnycsbob has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mnycsbob has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubzwin162 View Post
A great way to net in players/gain popularity is to have BYOP days.

Once a month, every two weeks, doesn't matter. For the first few months, you should try to get as many bodies in the park and gain some traction in the local paintball community.
The last walk on we had, we allowed byop it was a pretty good turnout so we offered it again for this Sunday and have about 15 players lined up so far hoping for 30 or 40.. Thanks cubzwin
mnycsbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2012, 07:25 AM #23
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is a Supporting Member
lopez17 is playing at Living Legends VII
lopez17 supports Pev's Paintball
lopez17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
lopez17 is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnycsbob View Post
Very true, not a lot of competition in the area. We are in a good location too being surrounded by colleges,
Yeah, it's kind of a nice situation. You have a good amount of land in that area for woodsball and semi-urban locations from which to get players. I might also recommend getting addresses for the fraternities, sororities and clubs on all the local college campuses and advertise to them directly. Especially with the Fall Rush activities coming down shortly.

I may have to make a trip up to PA at some point and check y'all out.

lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:14 PM #24
mnycsbob
"Prepare to Engage"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopez17 View Post
Yeah, it's kind of a nice situation. You have a good amount of land in that area for woodsball and semi-urban locations from which to get players. I might also recommend getting addresses for the fraternities, sororities and clubs on all the local college campuses and advertise to them directly. Especially with the Fall Rush activities coming down shortly.

I may have to make a trip up to PA at some point and check y'all out.
Great advise on the fraternities and such...Be great to meet you Lopez17 anytime..We'd be excited to show you what we have going on up here..We have 100 acres to work with maybe you could give us some more advise after seeing what we've done versus hearing about it..Looking forward to that someday
Bob.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:38 AM #25
Elo160

Elo160 supports Team VICIOUS
Elo160 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Make sure you have "natural" bunkers. Things like trenches and logs built up. But mix in some house or fortification like bunkers.

"Originally posted by "0102030405: Are you a ninja on vacation?"
Elo160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:29 PM #26
mnycsbob
"Prepare to Engage"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo160 View Post
Make sure you have "natural" bunkers. Things like trenches and logs built up. But mix in some house or fortification like bunkers.
Sounds good Elo 160 ..Thanks
Old 07-16-2012, 04:02 PM #27
please dont shoot me

please dont shoot me has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
please dont shoot me has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yetis
please dont shoot me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:06 AM #28
mrspeeddemon

mrspeeddemon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mrspeeddemon supports Team VICIOUS
mrspeeddemon has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
mrspeeddemon supports Empire
it sounds like your on the right track. We walk our field regularly to make sure theres no new threats (downed branches ect) We fertilize our field every year at least once if not twice- but it sounds like you don't need that. One compliment I've recieved from a regular paintballer new to our area is that we use the terrain and build bunkers to suit. Also there's different "areas" in the same field. We have areas thats all stick/log bunkers, theres areas around a large trench built up with dirt piles, then theres the town with small shacks built all over the place. This gives different players the chance to use different skills in different areas. And the thing I think is the biggest- always change. Not just adding more bunkers but change the field around so it doesn't get boring or repetative.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
, if you want peace, prepare for war
mrspeeddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:33 PM #29
MR HAZARDOUS123

MR HAZARDOUS123 is playing at Living Legends VII
MR HAZARDOUS123 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MR HAZARDOUS123 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MR HAZARDOUS123 supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopez17 View Post
www.warplay.com

They have the best woodsball fields I've been to. They used quality products (including structures made from concrete) in the construction and have theme layouts of historical battles/scenarios that lead to several interesting ways of playing the field.

The variations in the field allow for different attack/defend scenarios, action for players who want a more speedball type of experience in the woods as well as woods and strategy for people more inclined in that direction. For example, Warplay's "Bridge too far" field has natural choke points and bunkers that funnel you to a bridge. Can't get across without going over the bridge. It leads to interesting strategy and yet at the same time the "funnel" is wide enough that it doesn't cause congestion and extensive amounts of up front play.

The key is to have a theme in mind before you build, utilize quality materials that add to the ambiance and theme, and execute in a way that's successful. One field I played at had a creek that ran through the middle of it. Houses/structures on both sides. It enabled a wide variety of play and accomodated a variety of skill levels.

Think you this is what you were looking for www.warplaypaintball.com

Cartel Carnage is there tomorrow hosted by the Death Dealers http://www.warplaypaintball.com/big-game%20reg.html

Last edited by MR HAZARDOUS123 : 07-21-2012 at 06:36 PM.
MR HAZARDOUS123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:06 AM #30
Nowayout24
F.E.A.R

Nowayout24 is playing at Living Legends V
Nowayout24 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Nowayout24 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nowayout24 supports Team VICIOUS
Nowayout24 supports Pev's Paintball
Nowayout24 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Hire ref's that interact with the customers, make them feel like there welcome. Make the ref's talk to new players, help them out (they should be paid decently). Split the games fairly, and also let the players choose what field they want to play, playing the same small woods-ball field 3 times in a row is not fun.

I personally bring all my friends out to play woodsball once or twice a month (I play speedball) and I do my best to make it a positive experience for them. Unfortunately my local field doesn't have any of the above so we stopped going there and now I bring them to a field in jersey. And also hire a manager that is personable and knows about paintball, make her/him also interact with the customers, I find a lot of these field managers are either very miserable and unsociable or know absolutely nothing about paintball.
Nowayout24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:16 PM #31
Elo160

Elo160 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
^^this too and on the topic of managers, make sure that they know how to resolve any problems that arise. Your refs are going to take problems or concerns that they cant resolve to him/her. So a good manager should be cool, calm, collected, and very level headed. Just thought id add another thing

"Originally posted by "0102030405: Are you a ninja on vacation?"
Elo160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:33 AM #32
mnycsbob
"Prepare to Engage"

All valuable input Thanks everyone.. Things are picking up for us, everyone is returning too. We've implemented a lot of what you folks have offered. We appreciate all the advice.

Thanks. Bob.. EVP

Last edited by mnycsbob : 07-29-2012 at 12:37 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:27 PM #33
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
I tend to disagree with the not pruning the field. But our woods have a ton of pricker bushes and stuff that's not fun to be in. We've had to do a LOT of mowing with a DR to make it so you can even see anything or be able to move around. I think the key is trying to find a balance. cutting stuff down is okay but don't go crazy unless you plan on building stuff in place of that brush you just cut down (paths or interesting windows carved out of brush for shooting lane purposes excluded)

Looking for some Gats?
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:48 PM #34
firebirdjimbo
Arms Dealer

firebirdjimbo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
firebirdjimbo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
firebirdjimbo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japy View Post
I tend to disagree with the not pruning the field. But our woods have a ton of pricker bushes and stuff that's not fun to be in. We've had to do a LOT of mowing with a DR to make it so you can even see anything or be able to move around. I think the key is trying to find a balance. cutting stuff down is okay but don't go crazy unless you plan on building stuff in place of that brush you just cut down (paths or interesting windows carved out of brush for shooting lane purposes excluded)
+1 I like to make my course look like there was a laser at neck level that took down most of the brush. I have a couple of flanking trails that i tend to leave completely un-touched though.

Email/paypal: firebirdjimbo@yahoo.com
always buying failed polishing projects/ugly bastards
firebirdjimbo is offline   Reply With Quote