Community Focus

Old 06-12-2012, 10:17 AM #1
homerj
The Nicest of The Damned

homerj is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
homerj owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
brand new noid leaking...

ok, so i traded for an e1 cocker knowing that the solenoid was leaking. i went ahead & bought a brand new solenoid that came with a new gasket. put them on this morning & it's still leaking. as a matter of fact it seems to be leaking worse than before. the air seems to be mainly coming out from under the front part of the noid cover. what's my next step?

OLD FEEDBACK 71+/0-

XBOX LIVE - homer39042
homerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2012, 11:59 AM #2
bac0n
It's a liopleurodon.

bac0n is a Supporting Member
I have also encounter this problem before. First step I would do is make sure the solenoid gasket is properly installed with grease (Dow 33, I'm sure this can be debatable.). Meaning it's not installed backwards, which I have seen before. When tightening the solenoid/gasket to the cover, make sure both of the screws have an even amount of pressure as you're fastening them down.

I would also recommend reseting the LPR (Zero it out, adjust until the back block fully cycles and give it an addition 1/4 turn to ensure proper cycles at high ROF.) and regulator pressure (Zero out, set to 250-350psi).

I have also encounter a "bad" solenoid cover, the inner channels where the gasket lays on was flawed. No matter how many gasket or 'noids you swap, it will always have a never ending leak.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:21 PM #3
homerj
The Nicest of The Damned

I lubed the gasket with evil pus which is basically green Dow 33 if I'm not mistaken. The gasket has a little nipple that fits in a small hole so it isn't on wrong, I tightened the screws pretty evenly I think & I zeroed out the regs before I aired it up. It's not a tiny leak either. Haha. It's significant. I'm leaning towards a bad cover like you mentioned. That's what I was thinking this morning when I first aired it up. Just make sure though, the hpr & lpr are opposite in the way they adjust (black magic reg) right? Clockwise on the black magic decreases the pressure while clockwise on the lpr INCREASES the pressure?
Old 06-12-2012, 12:37 PM #4
bac0n
It's a liopleurodon.

Correct.

WGP Black Magic regulators are built the same as any other WGP regs. Turning the regulator adjuster clockwise (In) would decrease the pressure. Turning the adjuster counter-clockwise (out) would increase the pressure.

As for the LPR, I think they're a few different variations out there depending what you have on your autococker. If you have a Worr Games Product LPR (Tickler), adjusting the knob counter-clockwise (Out) would decrease the pressure and clockwise (In) would be increasing the LPR's pressure.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:20 PM #5
homerj
The Nicest of The Damned

It's not a tickler but I'm thinking it's stock.

OLD FEEDBACK 71+/0-

XBOX LIVE - homer39042
Old 06-12-2012, 01:35 PM #6
bac0n
It's a liopleurodon.

Stock can go so many ways in terms of manufactures. lol

Is the autococker you picked up a Worr Games Product?

Regardless, try adjusting the LPR's adjuster counter-clock wise a quarter of a turn at a time. At the same time, cycle your marker, and if you in fact see a decrease in pressure (meaning the back block no longer wants to fully cycle) then surely you can now adjust the LPR accordingly to how you need to.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:34 PM #7
homerj
The Nicest of The Damned

True. It is a wgp.

OLD FEEDBACK 71+/0-

XBOX LIVE - homer39042
Old 06-13-2012, 12:02 PM #8
homerj
The Nicest of The Damned

Ok I looked at it a little more this morning & noticed something. On the top inside of the noid cover where the gasket should seal there are cylinder shaped grooves milled out. Seems like this would prevent the gasket from sealing there as there isn't a place made on the gasket to fit into the grooves. I may be wrong as I frequently tend to be but is there some seperate piece that would go in between the gasket & noid cove that I might be missing? I took a pic & will post it tonight if I'm confusing anyone.

OLD FEEDBACK 71+/0-

XBOX LIVE - homer39042
Old 06-13-2012, 02:42 PM #9
blame it on god
Rotten to the core

blame it on god has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I would make sure your LPR is not the problem. Disconnect the hose from it and see if zeroing it out does turn it off. You may just have a bad o-ring in the LPR.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:27 PM #10
Reddawg

cylinder shaped grooves milled out are to release air as piston moves back and forth. I would also check o-ring on ram. Because you replace noid and same problem is there.Check ram o-ring if leaking it will also leak at noid. Take a hose from lpr put to either side of ram and air up if leaking out the other hole the ram o-ring is bad. I'm not a fan of lubing the gasket because if you have lpr on the high side because of spring tension it will push the gasket out easier with grease. I have built and repaired alot of cocker and never lubed a gasket.
Reddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:35 AM #11
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

easiest way to check if the ram is leaking is to just pop off the front hose from the ram. if air comes out the ram its the shaft o-ring...it can look like a noid leak since the air goes past the shaft o-ring and back out the noid.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:21 PM #12
PaulE2Cocker

PaulE2Cocker owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
I would check lpr never had any problems from all three my noids only leaked if to much air

Quoted from the great Simon Stevens
"The freak is 15 year old technology and ideas. The idea that we havent learnt anything since then is ridiculous"
PaulE2Cocker is offline   Reply With Quote