Old 06-21-2012, 06:43 PM #43
XxCubakkaxX
Topgun/Allstar player

XxCubakkaxX plays in the PSP
XxCubakkaxX plays in the APPA D4 division
XxCubakkaxX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpacheco19 View Post
My say is. Just take It. Pretend you didn't notice it at all. Or even congratulate the person and make a joke of it. Then get em back in like a game or two with 5 to the back of the neck lol.
this, but just the first part. no need to get them back and perpetuate (spelling) the cycle.

personally i will do it in practice and in tournaments (the whole train like u fight mentality) and its usually 2 or 3 extra. but i never have and never will do it to a new player.

the best payback to a bonus baller is to ignore them, and then beat them fair and square the next game so they cant do it again.

START FAST, FINISH STRONG
XxCubakkaxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2012, 08:17 PM #44
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachpnnc View Post
I hate putting my hand up because i hate getting shot in the hand.
So I was wrong in my thinking all these years? I always thought guys that walked off without their hands up were showing they were somehow tough or something...but you're saying it's exactly the opposite? They are wimpy and afraid of getting an owie on their hand?
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:20 PM #45
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
So I was wrong in my thinking all these years? I always thought guys that walked off without their hands up were showing they were somehow tough or something...but you're saying it's exactly the opposite? They are wimpy and afraid of getting an owie on their hand?
Valken gloves <3

Ive had the barrel pressed up against my palm when the trigger was pulled and I didnt have a welt or bruise of any kind. (Barrel tag gone horribly wrong, btw.)
Old 06-21-2012, 09:11 PM #46
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
In a high-intensity environment, like speedball, the human mind is conditioned to a certain response, for instance when a live player's hopper or mask protrudes from cover, the response is to shoot a few rounds towards it. Similarly, when an eliminated player puts his hand and marker up, the response of "oh, they're out" is overridden by "He's out of cover, shoot him!" This is where the bonus-balling comes in. If it's on purpose, you'll know it. If it's that response, usually it'll be just a couple rounds. I get bonus balled almost every game I play in speedball. Usually, it's just a couple rounds. On occasion, though, I'll get laned by six or seven rounds that just have to be carefully aimed at me. I won't bonus-ball back, but I'll be sure that they're out next time I have a clear shot.
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:29 PM #47
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

I bonus ball people I suspect of wiping or playing on. I try not to overshoot in general play, but 3-4 extra isn't really what I consider overshooting.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:02 PM #48
gunslinger84

gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
My god. This thread just seems to pop up every month. Paint bounces half the time and the other half they may overlook the one hit. Not counting instances of cheating. Get out of the ****ing bunker. Right now! Cuz the paint ain't stopping til you start waving or get out of the bunker. If I see you check yourself after taking a few from me, more paint on the way. **** ain't rocket science, people.

Edit: This in no way justifies overshooting anyone if they call out. Accidents happen but if actual bonus balling is occuring every game that ain't no accident. Talk to the ref/owner.

Last edited by gunslinger84 : 06-21-2012 at 10:06 PM.
gunslinger84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:15 PM #49
IrishNinja6
US Air Force

Annual Supporting Member
IrishNinja6 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
IrishNinja6 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IrishNinja6 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger84 View Post
My god. This thread just seems to pop up every month. Paint bounces half the time and the other half they may overlook the one hit. Not counting instances of cheating. Get out of the ****ing bunker. Right now! Cuz the paint ain't stopping til you start waving or get out of the bunker. If I see you check yourself after taking a few from me, more paint on the way. **** ain't rocket science, people.

Edit: This in no way justifies overshooting anyone if they call out. Accidents happen but if actual bonus balling is occuring every game that ain't no accident. Talk to the ref/owner.
this.

You play a game where you get shot at. time to stop whining about getting shot.

My WTB list: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3806383
Pay my bills gearbag sale!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4029265
IrishNinja6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:25 AM #50
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
If someone calls themselves out I stop shooting. If I get overshot by some moron after I have called myself out I usually just let it go (most of the time because it's some moron shooting me in the back as I walk to the dead box therefore I can't see them). If it's really bad I will talk to the refs but I've only ever done that once (some dude with an Angel that was bouncing crazily was lighting up people for 3 or 4 games and after numerous complaints ended up getting booted from the field).

As for overshooting again usually not but the last time I was at the field I was having trouble with this one kid wiping/ignoring hits all day long so finally I caught him in the open and gave him one more chance. Shot him once in the shoulder, saw it break, he ducks back into his bunker and doesn't call himself out or wave off or otherwise acknowledge he's hit and he'd been doing this **** all day so I blasted him a good 10 times. He had enough chances (and yes I spoke to the refs about this before I did this but large rec field + only 2 refs = they can't be everywhere at once). I'm usually not for taking matters into one's own hands but after 5 games of constant wiping and playing on he needed comeuppance.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:51 PM #51
Hermech

Hermech owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I'm guilty of over-shooting at times but can say I have never purposely bonus balled somone as a rec player. People tend to get upset when they get hit 3-5 times at once and its happened to me. Part of the game i believe. When you have your hand up and leaving a bunker and still get lit-up thats just poor sportsmanship. Thats also happened to me and you just let the refs know and keep on eye on that player next round.
Hermech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:36 PM #52
Team Misfit
Blue Thunder

Team Misfit is playing at Living Legends VII
Team Misfit owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Team Misfit supports Pev's Paintball
Team Misfit is attending Decay of Nations VI
Team Misfit supports DLX Technology
I was playing yesterday this guy put about 15 balls in my back , I was pissed nothing you can really do about it other than ask them next time to chill
56/45 Empire Ultra Light Tank
Indianapolis Mutiny New England Hurricane Portland Uprising
Dorito Player | Blue Thunder
Team Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:15 PM #53
Dead Captain

If they were just trying to make sure they tagged you, then let it go. If they made it a point to tag you continuously after then knew they got you, feel free to empty your hopper on them, I encourage it.
Dead Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:37 PM #54
andyp123

andyp123 supports Pev's Paintball
andyp123 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
no matter what, I would just put my hands up and walk off the field.
andyp123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:50 PM #55
TCgettinitdone

I see a lot of people giving no indication that they are hit. The other day a younger kid got lit up, he just stood up, didnt raise his hand hold his gun up nothing. When im hit i hold my gun up waive it around then come out with both hands raised and go straight to the sideline.
TCgettinitdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:07 PM #56
TwistedFreak (Banned)

TwistedFreak is playing at Living Legends V
TwistedFreak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TwistedFreak has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I run like hell to avoid getting shot more
TwistedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:04 PM #57
everst75
everst75

everst75 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
everst75 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
When someone bonus balls me I wait till next game and go after them personally bounty hunter style
Old 07-29-2012, 04:08 AM #58
p8ballrr
CHACHI

p8ballrr plays in the PSP
p8ballrr is playing at Living Legends V
p8ballrr is for the Gunfight
p8ballrr plays in the APPA D4 division
p8ballrr is attending Decay of Nations VI
put the gun up and you have a gun to clean
p8ballrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:23 AM #59
Diomedes
Nerd

Diomedes is playing at Living Legends III
Hands up, walk off. If you know who did it, politely talk to them between games. Really no excuse for that many shots, so talk to the player, a ref, whatever. But turning and shooting back won't help anything.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
Zombie Defense Dispatches <--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, odds and ends. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My PBN feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote