PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-10-2012, 12:50 AM #1
Teahouser
that one guy

Virtue Rotor Board V2 w/ RF Impressions

Alright guys, here's my thoughts on Virtue's Rotor offerings.

I have a liquid grey V3 Rotor. I've had it for about 2 years now. I bought it for a couple reasons. One, how durable and simple of a design it has. I'm all about flipping a clip, and pop'n the top off. When your on the field, quick and simple rule over all else. Second, battery life is super legit. 3AA's will last you months of play, you can't complain. My Rotor wasn't perfect though. It didn't have a particularly high on gun feed rate (22bps or so), but that didn't matter to me since I don't play over 12.5psp or 13bps semi. Still though, loaders that were out years before the Rotor can put it to shame in on gun speed. Jams were also happening to me a little more often. Especially on those hot summer days with little .678 paint.

My solution? I purchased a Virtue Soft Cycle arm to help alleviate jams from small paint. It worked, but my loader still jammed occasionally. "Occasionally" doesn't really work for me, since the last game in a tourny could be the occasion. So I looked for a board that had an anuto-unjam feature for the Rotor. The Seed kit looked tight, came with two new motors, auto unjam, but it was discontinued, much to my dismay. I then looked at other options...Virtue!

I have a Virtue Redefined Board in my gun, which plugs into it's Virtue laser eye board. Why not Virtue out my Rotor as well? I found a lot of reviews on the V1 Virtue Rotor board, which was met with much criticism when compared to the Seed kit, as the Seed could auto-unjam but even with Buying the RF kit, the V1 Virtue board didn't have auto-unjam. This is because the stock Rotor main gear has a bearing inside it that only spins one way, making a reverse movement literally impossible. The Seed kit fixed this problem by including a new gear with a normal two way pressed bearing.

Then we have the V2 Rotor Board with RF kit.

I love this set up, I really do. I've never used RF before and didn't think it would be any different. I was wrong. The V2 Virtue board improves on the older version by including a new main gear, with a two way bearing. Now the Virtue board can spin the motor in reverse and we have auto-unjam!! I installed the RF kit, which I found pretty fun actually, routing wires and what not Syncing was a breeze. The Rotor board uses the same programming as their Redefined gun boards. You just turn the Rotor on, it then will flash the color of the battery level at start up (super handy) then you pull the anti jam trigger while the battery life is still up and it goes into the rainbow of colors programming we know from Virtue. No need to flip your hopper upside down like the Seed kit, which can be a pain while on field with paint and you want to adjust settings (but when the hell does that happen). Sync'd with my gun I was shooting 29bps peak. So sick. I'll add a video of it later.

I'd recommend this to anyone looking for an auto unjam for their Rotor, who don't want to switch to another loader.

Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2012, 04:51 PM #2
gism17

Annual Supporting Member
gism17 is BST Legit
gism17 plays in the APPA D5 division
gism17 is Legendary
gism17 supports DLX Technology
yes sr same here i love the rf kit in my rotor never had a jam and pick up a 9v mad it will help with room for the board
gism17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:00 PM #3
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike is for the Gunfight
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Good post, a lot of people have been asking about the Seed Kit, but apparently they dont make it anymore. Looks like this might be a suitable replacement haha.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

I want your G6r parts and upgrades, sell them to me, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3808906
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:03 PM #4
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gism17 View Post
yes sr same here i love the rf kit in my rotor never had a jam and pick up a 9v mad it will help with room for the board
Yeah I'm really liking the Rf as well. I used a dremel tool and took out some material on the gear box cover, it let me route all the wires beside the battery connector without putting unnecessary stress on the wires/board by putting it in front of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfl mike View Post
Good post, a lot of people have been asking about the Seed Kit, but apparently they dont make it anymore. Looks like this might be a suitable replacement haha.
Yeah man I picked my rotor up for $160 a couple years ago, spine feed was $20, then the V2 Virtue board and RF kit was $100. So I now have a $280 hopper, but I love it and don't think I'll need a new one...ever, lol.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:45 PM #5
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

I already have a Z2, but the Rotor is so much simpler. The jamming problems have always scared me off getting a Rotor, but knowing the Virtue kit exists is making me have second thoughts...
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:54 PM #6
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
I already have a Z2, but the Rotor is so much simpler. The jamming problems have always scared me off getting a Rotor, but knowing the Virtue kit exists is making me have second thoughts...
I know for a fact my hopper is wayyy more overpriced than it has to be. I could have a $40 halo v35 on my gun feeding 12.5bps no problems. That's not why I have a rotor though.

Like you said, the rotor is a very simple design. I love just flipping up the clip and "pop", it's apart! Then once it's apart there's like 5 parts inside, uses a very low power motor, insanely bulletproof shell, I love everything about it. So it was worth it to me to have a pimped out Rotor and spend the extra money then switch to a different hopper that has things I don't like about it.

I just picked up some clear windows for it, so I can finally actually SEE into my hopper and see how much paint I have left, that'll be neat for a start
Old 06-11-2012, 04:02 PM #7
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

haha, with brighter coloured paint shells it'll be like 1999 again.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:35 PM #8
Teahouser
that one guy

I'm looking for someone who has the Seed kit and are using the high torque motor and are willing to sell me the high rpm motor. I can see just how fast it can go...then it'll be the Rotor of the Gods
Old 06-12-2012, 10:07 AM #9
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teahouser View Post
I'm looking for someone who has the Seed kit and are using the high torque motor and are willing to sell me the high rpm motor. I can see just how fast it can go...then it'll be the Rotor of the Gods
I have it but I am definitely not selling my motors lol. Im actually still using my stock motor, I figured I would wear that one out first. BTW thats where my Rotor is at now "The Rotor of the Gods" lol. I dont even use my Rotor as my main loader, its my back up, but I lend it out to buddies that need it, and I have a hard time getting it back sometimes lol.

I have had an idea for a while and I always wanted to try it; use a slot car motor. Most hopper motors are about the same size and such, and they look like slot car motors. So I was always thinking about maybe buying a high performance slot car motor and trying it in a loader.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

I want your G6r parts and upgrades, sell them to me, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:43 PM #10
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
I have it but I am definitely not selling my motors lol. Im actually still using my stock motor, I figured I would wear that one out first. BTW thats where my Rotor is at now "The Rotor of the Gods" lol. I dont even use my Rotor as my main loader, its my back up, but I lend it out to buddies that need it, and I have a hard time getting it back sometimes lol.

I have had an idea for a while and I always wanted to try it; use a slot car motor. Most hopper motors are about the same size and such, and they look like slot car motors. So I was always thinking about maybe buying a high performance slot car motor and trying it in a loader.
Yeah the stock rotor motor is plenty fast, especially for only being 4.5V. The fact mine runs on RF now means it only runs when it has to, saving power and parts, lol.

I bet you could find a pretty juiced motor to throw in a Rotor, but it would be totally pointless at the end of the day
Old 06-12-2012, 04:07 PM #11
CGriff19
[]D [] []V[] []D [] []\[]

CGriff19 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CGriff19 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CGriff19 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

high speed paintball blender!!! ^^^ NO CHUNKS! just smooth creamy paint in your hopper lolol

Last edited by CGriff19 : 06-12-2012 at 04:10 PM.
CGriff19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:11 PM #12
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

Well I originally had the idea for the Halos a long time ago, and never got around to it, but since he was looking for a motor I figured I would tell him about that and see if I could use him as my guinea pig.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:13 PM #13
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
The problem is once you hit a certain speed the hopper starts popcorning paint and it becomes extremely inconsistent once you get under 50% full.. Plus it then significantly increases the chance of blending paint.

Looking for some Gats?
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:32 PM #14
djt215

Hey everyone, I have a question for you guys about my Rotor RF...I using the RF kit with my GEO3 and in the geo manual it shows that you're supposed to plug in the RF transmitter to the 3 pin male AUX out port on the board. But the RF kit didn't come with that wire. I tried to use the splitter wire on the solenoid output but I cant get that to work. Has anyone tried this set up with a newer model eclipse gun? Where can I get a new set of wires that will work!?? PLEASE HELP!! THANKS!
djt215 is offline   Reply With Quote