Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-03-2012, 10:32 AM #64
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

The shock o-ring should be tight enough to sit at the bottom of the bolt under the spacer with no issue. Not sure why you guys are having problems.

Are you sure you're using the correct o-ring?
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:18 PM #65
Teahouser
that one guy

my final setup has me running TWO bumper orings with the spacer . It goes shortest boss spring, delrin spacer, 015 70 oring, 015 90 oring, then bolt. Both orings are the orange boss ones. My logic is the softer oring in the front will compress into the stiffer one in the back, plus I just wanted decrease how far forward the bolt went with the short spring, so one oring thickness did just that! Super cushion...lol.
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:47 PM #66
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

^^^ Whoa! Glad to see the short Boss spring worked for you too. Does the extra o-ring make it any more efficient (ie stop the bolt from travelling too far past the holes in the guide)?
Old 08-03-2012, 05:51 PM #67
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
^^^ Whoa! Glad to see the short Boss spring worked for you too. Does the extra o-ring make it any more efficient (ie stop the bolt from travelling too far past the holes in the guide)?
not sure, i'm playing with it on sunday, i'll let you know how it goes.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:58 PM #68
nitrofreak12
I'd shoot that.

nitrofreak12 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
nitrofreak12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Huh, I just can't mine get to work no matter what. Even just my regular Lurker always seems to suffer random spells of extreme shootdown at any dwell under ~7ms. When I tried adding the spacer/o-ring to make the hybrid it was shooting so much air into my hoppper the lid was flying open and a paint grenade formed inside my hopper. Turned down the dwell and it barely wanted to cycle.

No idea why my luck is so bad with it lol. I have all broken in o-rings that seal good but let it move free, the spacer isn't moving, my poppet o-ring is lubed and the thing is polished, heck I even completely lubed my reg the other day.

Everything seems to work fine with my XSV bolt though, which leads me to believe the rest of my gun is fine.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:59 PM #69
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teahouser View Post
not sure, i'm playing with it on sunday, i'll let you know how it goes.
Please do, very interested!
Old 08-03-2012, 06:02 PM #70
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrofreak12 View Post
Huh, I just can't mine get to work no matter what. Even just my regular Lurker always seems to suffer random spells of extreme shootdown at any dwell under ~7ms. When I tried adding the spacer/o-ring to make the hybrid it was shooting so much air into my hoppper the lid was flying open and a paint grenade formed inside my hopper. Turned down the dwell and it barely wanted to cycle.

No idea why my luck is so bad with it lol. I have all broken in o-rings that seal good but let it move free, the spacer isn't moving, my poppet o-ring is lubed and the thing is polished, heck I even completely lubed my reg the other day.

Everything seems to work fine with my XSV bolt though, which leads me to believe the rest of my gun is fine.
What settings are you running? Was the Lurker spacer coming unseated?
Old 08-03-2012, 06:20 PM #71
nitrofreak12
I'd shoot that.

Tried dwell from 3.0ms up to around 10ms, pressure around 140-160 (I was playing with it). Back cap was kept at 1.5 turns out. Spacer was good - took the prying of a screw driver to get it off, I've never seen it slide off at all from use.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:30 PM #72
tekniqu3
I sling paint.

tekniqu3 is playing at Living Legends VII
tekniqu3 plays in the APPA D5 division
tekniqu3 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Any updates tea how's that extra oring? Any efficiency gains? Problems?
tekniqu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:48 PM #73
ashep01

ashep01 supports Team VICIOUS
ashep01 is for the Gunfight
ashep01 plays in the APPA D4 division
ashep01 supports DLX Technology
Quote:

I had the same exact problem today. Ive always had problems getting a lurker bolt to be consistent and have never got the hybrid to work properly.
ashep01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:00 PM #74
nitrofreak12
I'd shoot that.

Interesting, glad to hear I'm not the only one. I suspect it's something with the spacer fitment or bolt guide o-rings. I may try two 012's - One in the back and one up front just to see if that helps. I had tested a different o-ring in the spacer for the heck of it to tighten it up a bit and reduce some of the wobble but I got bolt stick on the forward stroke with it.

How much wobble does everyone else's spacer have? I was surprised by how much it "rattles" around down there despite being extremely hard to slide forward for removal.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:10 PM #75
ashep01

ashep01 supports Team VICIOUS
ashep01 is for the Gunfight
ashep01 plays in the APPA D4 division
ashep01 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Interesting, glad to hear I'm not the only one. I suspect it's something with the spacer fitment or bolt guide o-rings. I may try two 012's - One in the back and one up front just to see if that helps. I had tested a different o-ring in the spacer for the heck of it to tighten it up a bit and reduce some of the wobble but I got bolt stick on the forward stroke with it.

How much wobble does everyone else's spacer have? I was surprised by how much it "rattles" around down there despite being extremely hard to slide forward for removal.
My first lurker i had the best luck and performance not using any of the lurker 012. I started getting problems when i put ones of those on. Today i had a 012 oring on, didnt try with the stock. Ill try that when there is less humidity.
My first spacer i used an oring that fit the spacer perfectly and it would never come off unless i used pliers. My second one now i used the oring that im suppose to and tucked i putting it on the guide and it comes off with a little effort. Idk if when firing my spacer was coming off or not but it did not seem like it was.
ashep01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:39 PM #76
Teahouser
that one guy

hey guys,

shot the dual oring cushion system today, super smooth.

280-285fps
160psi
5.5 open dwell
5 closing dwell
back cap 1.25 turns out

no chops/barrel breaks all day, shooting g.i. 3 star.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:52 PM #77
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Noticeably smoother than just one o-ring? Also, did you need to re-set settings at all from one to two?
Old 08-06-2012, 02:14 PM #78
Teahouser
that one guy

barely noticeable decrease in kick with the extra oring, but it's there. change in kick might be the same as someone upping their pressure by 5-10psi. I just tuned it again in my yard, turns out my paint was a bit smaller than I thought so I went down to a .678 for a slight underbore.

new settings:

280-285fps
160psi
4.5ms open dwell
5ms closing dwell
back cap 1.75 turns out

really smooth, getting over 1500 from a 68/4500
Old 08-06-2012, 02:27 PM #79
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

sweet!
Old 08-06-2012, 02:42 PM #80
W355B

Hey Tea you should be able to lower your PSI or backcap once stiffer rear oring breaks in a little. Been running that set up for a month now with two orings. That stiffer rear oring has friction on the forward cycle when compressed but will eventually wear down causing less friction.

My Settings:
285-290 FPS
A Tick below 160 PSI
4ms Dwell
1.25 Backcap

Last edited by W355B : 08-07-2012 at 10:01 AM.
W355B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:47 PM #81
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W355B View Post
185-190 bps
Old 08-06-2012, 03:21 PM #82
W355B

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
FPS.....hahah LOL
Old 08-06-2012, 03:36 PM #83
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

but still... 190fps? What's your field limit?
Old 08-07-2012, 04:13 AM #84
W355B

Most fields here as long as your below 295-300.

Last edited by W355B : 08-07-2012 at 10:00 AM.