Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2012, 07:01 PM #43
excope
Legacy of 806
 
excope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: TN
Annual Supporting Member
excope is BST Legit
excope owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
excope is for the Gunfight
excope has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
excope supports DLX Technology
excope supports Empire
I wouldn't call them roll outs, they went about 15/20 feet.

What is weird T, in my Mini a Lurker bolt will not fully cycle below a dwell of 5 at all, and in order to get velocity I end up with a pressure at about 175/190 area. Never did figure out why.
__________________
Christ Krew
excope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2012, 07:25 PM #44
Teahouser
that one guy
 
Teahouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: BC, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by excope View Post
I wouldn't call them roll outs, they went about 15/20 feet.

What is weird T, in my Mini a Lurker bolt will not fully cycle below a dwell of 5 at all, and in order to get velocity I end up with a pressure at about 175/190 area. Never did figure out why.
Sounds like waaay to much friction in your bolt setup, or way too loose. Out of the gun, the bolt should move up and down the bolt guide orings quite easily. There shouldn't be much friction at all, but the bolt shouldn't wobble on the guide, or slide right off. I'd start by changing all three of the bolt guide orings, even if they look fine. Now check the tightness of the bolt sail into the spacer, it should seal with the outside spacer oring, but not be hard to move off of.
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:11 PM #45
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Needs a better nickname.

"Blurker" sounds like another name for pooping on someone lol
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:52 PM #46
MaxFactor
...stay sharp...
 
MaxFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: 802
MaxFactor is playing at Living Legends VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
Needs a better nickname.

"Blurker" sounds like another name for pooping on someone lol
LOL. You're cracking me up today. Although this comment definitely trumps the Axe Pro/Axe Spray/Axe Balls comment.

On a more constructive note, I'm psyched to try out this hybrid set up once I get my relay reg fixed.

Not sure if it'll affect the sound signature but I plan on taking a sound level meter out with me as I've been planning on comparing the Lurker and Boss bolts.
MaxFactor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:53 PM #47
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
I wouldn't say it affects the sound signature TOO much. It still sounds like a Lurker bolt (which is extremely quiet).

Looking forward to actually getting decibel reading data!
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:30 PM #48
MaxFactor
...stay sharp...
 
MaxFactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: 802
MaxFactor is playing at Living Legends VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
I wouldn't say it affects the sound signature TOO much. It still sounds like a Lurker bolt (which is extremely quiet).

Looking forward to actually getting decibel reading data!
It'll be a few more weeks at least but I think it should be an interesting experiment.

Unfortunately, I don't have a stock bolt at the moment but luckily I plan on buying another Axe in the near future so I'll be able to compare that eventually.
MaxFactor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:36 PM #49
Tenit
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
I wouldn't say it affects the sound signature TOO much. It still sounds like a Lurker bolt (which is extremely quiet).

Looking forward to actually getting decibel reading data!
I've been meaning to ask, can anyone tell me what the sound difference is between a boss and a Lurker? My axe with a Boss is already insanely quiet
Tenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:52 PM #50
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
It's hard to say. Sound signature will differ greatly depending on how low your OP is.

In my experience, the Boss bolt has a bit of a higher pitched "click" type sound; while the Lurker has more of a low-pitched "thup" type sound.

I realize these descriptions are completely silly. lol
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:08 PM #51
Blak Katalyst
CT Effect
 
Blak Katalyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 203
Blak Katalyst has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Blak Katalyst supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
Needs a better nickname.

"Blurker" sounds like another name for pooping on someone lol
Or a sex act.....

Cincinnati Bow Tie, Cleveland Steamer, Baltimore Blurker....
__________________
Caustic Customs Axe Pro
Super Freak, Redline, Nano, Infamous Bolt, Virtue Eyes, Axiom, Element Pin
Blak Katalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:23 PM #52
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Katalyst View Post
Or a sex act.....

Cincinnati Bow Tie, Cleveland Steamer, Baltimore Blurker....
LOL that's what I meant! Kinda like halfway between a Blumpkin and something else ending in 'er'.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:48 PM #53
WhiteStripes
Read the Stickies
 
WhiteStripes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phx, AZ
Annual Supporting Member
WhiteStripes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WhiteStripes has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
WhiteStripes supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
LOL that's what I meant! Kinda like halfway between a Blumpkin and something else ending in 'er'.
lmao.
WhiteStripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:02 PM #54
MannyFresh7PB
 
 
MannyFresh7PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
so i was looking on buying a boss bolt, i checked out there website and i notice three different types of bolts....what bolt is the best one to use on my axe? thanks
MannyFresh7PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:03 PM #55
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Wait, I've got it:

EIGENBOSS.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:05 PM #56
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh7PB View Post
so i was looking on buying a boss bolt, i checked out there website and i notice three different types of bolts....what bolt is the best one to use on my axe? thanks
Either the Infamous or XSV bolt is the newest model. They're exactly the same, aside from different coloured o-rings.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:25 PM #57
MannyFresh7PB
 
 
MannyFresh7PB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Huntington Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
Either the Infamous or XSV bolt is the newest model. They're exactly the same, aside from different coloured o-rings.
so the boss v2 is the old style? ok,,,thanks...going to get XSV bolt first...going to try that set up first then mix it up with the eigen bolt...
what about the shockwave board? what do you think about that over the stock board?
MannyFresh7PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:41 PM #58
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh7PB View Post
so the boss v2 is the old style? ok,,,thanks...going to get XSV bolt first...going to try that set up first then mix it up with the eigen bolt...
what about the shockwave board? what do you think about that over the stock board?
*sigh* Trying to keep this thread on topic.

Do a search, for god's sake!
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:07 PM #59
ZeroCold
 
 
ZeroCold's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Xtcy vs Rail?

Haha just kidding.

Yeah I thought of 'Eigenboss' as well and prefer that over all other combinations. Could be 'Blurkenbolt', but if you associate 'Blurking' with a certain bodily function then 'Blurkenbolt' just sounds like a more extreme form of that. If none of these experiments work out, the failure could be dubbed the 'Scheissenbolt' or maybe just the 'Loss.' Actually for some reason I associate Blurker with Gherkin pickles. Maybe there is a way to work a sweet pickle into the mod. This should effectively safeguard against patent infringement plus who doesn't like a bit of relish mid-game? Well that's my two cents.

Extreme Rage swab vs BT swab?
ZeroCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:18 PM #60
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroCold View Post
Xtcy vs Rail?

Haha just kidding.
I lol'd. Especially at the guns, reminds me of every second "vs thread" on another site....

Quote:
Yeah I thought of 'Eigenboss' as well and prefer that over all other combinations. Could be 'Blurkenbolt', but if you associate 'Blurking' with a certain bodily function then 'Blurkenbolt' just sounds like a more extreme form of that. If none of these experiments work out, the failure could be dubbed the 'Scheissenbolt' or maybe just the 'Loss.' Actually for some reason I associate Blurker with Gherkin pickles. Maybe there is a way to work a sweet pickle into the mod. This should effectively safeguard against patent infringement plus who doesn't like a bit of relish mid-game? Well that's my two cents.
I associate "Blurker" with "blumpkin", lol.... I like "EigenBoss" because it gives equal weight to both companies in the name. "Blurker" is all Lurker, no Boss.

Quote:
Extreme Rage swab vs BT swab?
Hay guyz, I put co2 in my friends luxe.. wuz dat a bad idea? its the only tank i have, budjet ballerz!!

First after mike!

Last edited by SNAKESNIPER : 07-17-2012 at 08:20 PM.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:05 PM #61
Yellowsno
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Blurker just seems easier to say then eigenboss

Anyways just ordered my Blurker/eigenboss... Can't wait to test them all
Yellowsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:20 AM #62
nitrofreak12
I'd shoot that.
 
nitrofreak12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: MA
nitrofreak12 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
nitrofreak12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
So how is everyone getting the added o-ring to stay in place? It seems like the notch that holds the spring in place doesn't let the o-ring sit back properly. I tried getting it to stay up there but it didn't want to. It seems like it's sitting all the way back in T's pic just fine though.
__________________
- Pete
nitrofreak12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:22 AM #63
MyJTRox
CE
 
MyJTRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Madison, WI
 has been a member for 10 years
MyJTRox plays in the PSP
MyJTRox is an NCPA National Champion
MyJTRox plays in the APPA D3 division
MyJTRox supports Empire
Mine didn't stay in place like T's, but once the spring is compressed at all (which it constantly is inside of the gun), the o-ring goes into place.
__________________
Competitive Edge

My Feedback (Before new system)
University of Wisconsin -Whitewater Paintball Team Alum
2009 NCPA Class AA National Champions
APPA
MyJTRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump