Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-09-2012, 07:10 PM #1
Teahouser
that one guy

Lightbulb My Project Gun...Finally Complete!!!

Well it's been a few years since I first bought a LE Invert Mini. It quickly grew on me, so simple to tech, awesome firing design as well. There were some things about it I didn't like, had some decent kick stock, and I didn't like how I had to hold the front grip. Since then I've made it my goal to fully customize it to my exact needs and preferences. The only stock parts on it are the detents, since the stock ones are awesome. I can honestly say that this is one of the smoothest gun's I've ever shot. Every single oring has been hand picked on this gun. The relay reg has been broken in and lubed with Lurker Lube. Lurker Lube is used on the bolt assembly and poppet oring as well. I'll let you guys know everything I've done to it, and explain why I did it. Everything was changed for a reason.

Here's what it started as:

Here's the end result:

Bolt Engine:

Something to look forward to:

So here's a complete list of my gun's current upgrades.

LE Invert Mini
-Lurker Eigenbolt w/ stock spring & Boss's bumper/spacer
-Lurker ControlFreak poppet (currently testing)
-V3 sprung & polished poppet
-Virtue Redefined board
-Virtue RF transmitter
-Virtue blue laser eyes
-Disruptive 2-Piece 15" .682 & Eigenbarrel 14" .684
-Violent Products Scythe trigger
-Violent Products trigger pin
-Empire Nano feedneck
-Empire Relay reg
-Empire LE Invader grips
-Nummech foregrip extender
-Nummech snatch grip
-Hockey tape

Ninja 68/4500 Ultralite
-420psi (no shims)
-Ninja fill cover
-Lurker Lube
-JT tank cover

V3 Rotor
-Virtue V2 Rotor board
-Virtue main gear
-Virtue RF boost board & receiver
-Virtue Soft Cycle arm
-Spine quick feed
-Tension screw 2 turns out from flush

Current Settings
-OP of 160psi
-Open dwell 4.5ms
-Closing dwell 5ms
-BIP 1
-Debounce 9
-Back cap 1.15 turns out
-Velocity 282fps +/-3
-29bps peak
-1700 shots from a 68/4300psi fill

For starters, this thing is BY FAR the gentlest on paint then any other marker out there. No lie. The bolt bounces of paint, and resets very fast. By having the higher pressure of 160psi combined with the stock spring, boss bumper, and unique bolt spacer design of the Eigenbolt, the bolt cycles insanely fast but is still gentle on paint. The lowered open and closing dwell combined with the back cap being only a hair over one turn out from all the way in has upped the efficiency quite noticeably. 1700 shots from a 68/4500 fill.

Both the gun and loader are completely Virtue Electronics. They are synced with RF. My stock eye board crapped out so I got the Virtue Eyes, handy to see the light to quickly trouble shoot and rule out an eye issue. The Redefined board is amazing. Bright LED, all the settings you could ever need. I felt an OLED was over kill in a gun of this cost, and I prefer having just the led on the back. I also added a plastic window for the LED hole, so no water or paint can get on the board. The debounce setting of 9 gets rid of all the bounce from the delrin Violent trigger. It just rips, I love the feel of the HES sensor.

To address the feel of the gun, I added Nummech's products. His foregrip extender completely changes the feel of the gun. It goes from being cramped up to spread out like a Luxe. It also adds a gap between the grip frame and foregrip, so you can wrap your whole hand around it, providing a very stable firing platform. It feels more like an axe now, except in my opinion better since I like wrapping around the foregrip better than having my hand in the trigger guard, no matter the size.

Well I hope you guys like my project gun, I was test firing it today. The auto-unjam with the Virtue Rotor board works great, instantly spins the motor backwards. I was getting jams using Redemption paint, and the Seed kit is discontinued. So the Virtue RF is the only other way to get true motor reverse for unjams. Works AMAZING. The RF sync allows the Rotor to feed insanely fast and consistently, without unneeded pressure on the ball stack. Virtue's RF signal is more powerful than I thought they would be, I was able to sync the Rotor and Mini with RF when the Rotor was in the kitchen 30 feet away from the gun, that extra amp board obviously works, lol. In uncapped ramping I peaked at 29bps measured by my bps Iphone app, it wasn't windy and I tested it at 10, 12.5, and 15bps before trying uncapped. The bps meter was within 0.1bps of the guns settings. The Soft Cycle arm is super gentle on paint, combined with the 2 turns out tension setting.

Virtue Rotor Inside:

RF sync and auto unjam explanation:

I'll add some shooting videos soon! Let me know what you think, and post any questions you have about anything!

Last edited by Teahouser : 06-10-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2012, 07:31 PM #2
WhiteStripes
Read the Stickies

WhiteStripes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WhiteStripes has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
WhiteStripes supports Empire
Dude, that thing is sweet. I like the idea of taking a marker to it's max and perfecting it instead of getting a new one. Killer job.
WhiteStripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:34 PM #3
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

I'm also running the Lurker/Boss hybrid bolt on my Axe, and it's incredibly smooth. 160PSI has the smoothness of 120PSI, and I haven't broken a single ball yet.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:39 PM #4
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
I'm also running the Lurker/Boss hybrid bolt on my Axe, and it's incredibly smooth. 160PSI has the smoothness of 120PSI, and I haven't broken a single ball yet.
Yeah man it's just nuts. I chrono'd it at 282fps +/-3 with 10 shots in semi, then immediately going to uncapped ramping to test out the RF for the very first time. Peaked at 29.24bps, shooting redemption tourny paint didn't even get a barrel break through the whole hopper. Shooting it at 12.5psp it shoots like a dream. Buttery smoothness and goodness.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:43 PM #5
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

I give you full credit for the idea, bro. It's inspired. It takes the Lurker bolt to another level entirely.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:07 PM #6
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
I can tell you, with no ego, this is the finest mini. If, on your journey, you should you encounter God, God will be shot.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:29 PM #7
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is playing at Living Legends VII
incognito-z owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
incognito-z is for the Gunfight
incognito-z posts videos on PbNation
incognito-z supports Pev's Paintball
incognito-z is Legendary
incognito-z supports DLX Technology
Congratulations on a beautiful Mini.

If you're having trouble with your Mini/Axe, PM me! I'm more than happy to help out.
Proud Beta-Tester and Authorized Retailer for Nummech - Proudly Sponsored by Guerilla Air - Hustle PB
incognito-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:49 PM #8
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
I can tell you, with no ego, this is the finest mini. If, on your journey, you should you encounter God, God will be shot.
"This is EMPIRE STEEL."
Old 06-09-2012, 10:28 PM #9
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStripes View Post
Dude, that thing is sweet. I like the idea of taking a marker to it's max and perfecting it instead of getting a new one. Killer job.
Yeah man I'm in the same boat. I love to tinker and improve things. I rather build something up myself and have it be unique to me just how I want it rather than spending more on a new one that's the same as everyone else's gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
Thanks Lurker! That means a lot coming from someone with your expertise on the subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognito-z View Post
Congratulations on a beautiful Mini.
Thanks man! This thing is definitely going to stay with me, then probably buy an Axe next and do the same thing to it...but not till next year
Old 06-09-2012, 10:30 PM #10
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teahouser View Post
Thanks man! This thing is definitely going to stay with me, then probably buy an Axe next and do the same thing to it...but not till next year
Maybe do it to one of those beautiful Boss Pro Axes? That's what I'll be doing.

If you're having trouble with your Mini/Axe, PM me! I'm more than happy to help out.
Proud Beta-Tester and Authorized Retailer for Nummech - Proudly Sponsored by Guerilla Air - Hustle PB
Old 06-09-2012, 11:02 PM #11
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognito-z View Post
Maybe do it to one of those beautiful Boss Pro Axes? That's what I'll be doing.
Yeah those new Boss Axe's are so sick! I wouldn't have to/want to do anything to those guns, they look amazing as is. I'd definitely consider buying one next year if he comes out with them again.

I'll upload a shooting video of my Mini tomorrow, it rips insanely fast and smooth. It took me by surprise how well the RF works, totally the best way to control feeding, by solenoid pulses and RF. Always feeds.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:37 AM #12
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is Legendary
Quote:
Yeah those new Boss Axe's are so sick! I wouldn't have to/want to do anything to those guns, they look amazing as is. I'd definitely consider buying one next year if he comes out with them again.

I'll upload a shooting video of my Mini tomorrow, it rips insanely fast and smooth. It took me by surprise how well the RF works, totally the best way to control feeding, by solenoid pulses and RF. Always feeds.
I'll keep my eye out for it.

As for the Axe... I talked with him about making me a black/blue one (imagine the black/lime one w/ blue parts)... hopefully that all pans out.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:18 PM #13
RHart80

Did you buy a boss bolt and an eigenbolt the just use the spacer and springs?
RHart80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:24 PM #14
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHart80 View Post
Did you buy a boss bolt and an eigenbolt the just use the spacer and springs?
No, I had originally bought Lurker's Eigenbolt for my Mini. I've been using the Eigenbolt for a couple years now. Recently Boss came out with his new Boss bolts, and they were getting great reviews. I decided to pick up an Infamous one to try out. I used it for a few weekends and really liked it. Super easy to install, really low pressure, and the new short spring kit is very nice.

After using both bolt's I decided on Lurker's, I liked the way it cycled with the rear spacer, the gentleness, and the sound sig was a bit more to my liking. Then I had a brain fart to try using Boss's spacer on my Eigenbolt to pillow the forward cycle of the bolt, then it has the air cushion built into the spacer in the back. Plus it tightens up the gun's poppet sweet spot, giving me almost an extra hopper of balls with the amount of back cap I screwed in.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:14 PM #15
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Sweet Mini. With all of the mods and the extra length that has to feel great to shoot.
TheBoss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:26 PM #16
WhiteStripes
Read the Stickies

WhiteStripes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WhiteStripes has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
WhiteStripes supports Empire
Can't wait to see the videos of this thing!
WhiteStripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:35 PM #17
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss33 View Post
Sweet Mini. With all of the mods and the extra length that has to feel great to shoot.
It really, really does. I recently shot someone's stock Mini and it wasn't the same gun...

Surprisingly enough, I'd give most credit to Nummech's foregrip extender for making it super stable, comfortable, and getting rid of any felt kick. It's a joy to shoot at 12.5bps, ropes of paint. Even on RF sync'd uncapped ramping I still had no recoil, and it was a steady 25bps with 29bps peaks.

Just knowing I did everything myself and that it's reached it's highest possibility is a nice feeling of accomplishment. I'm sure you feel pretty proud of your Boss Axe's, you put a lot of your own time into all those guns, and created some very unique smart features like the Dye eye pipe!

Maybe you'll give in and make the mounts to machine Mini bodies for Dye eye pipes...that would be the only other thing I could do to this gun. Maybe one day?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStripes View Post
Can't wait to see the videos of this thing!
You and me both!

I brought it to a picnic in the forest by the ocean in the sun with my gf yesterday. I was using my ipod app bps meter, it's pretty accurate and said I was shooting 25bps with 29bps peak. Should be pretty sick.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:51 PM #18
incognito-z
Buying All Invert Mini's

incognito-z is Legendary
Quote:
Surprisingly enough, I'd give most credit to Nummech's foregrip extender for making it super stable, comfortable, and getting rid of any felt kick. It's a joy to shoot at 12.5bps, ropes of paint. Even on RF sync'd uncapped ramping I still had no recoil, and it was a steady 25bps with 29bps peaks.
Hehe.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:02 PM #19
Teahouser
that one guy

Update:

I'm now spending all of next week getting Lurker's poppet ready for him. Hopefully will be able to tell you more in the next few weeks, including how it works. For now I added a picture on my first post to keep you all intrigued.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:11 PM #20
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Update:

I'm now spending all of next week getting Lurker's poppet ready for him. Hopefully will be able to tell you more in the next few weeks, including how it works. For now I added a picture on my first post to keep you all intrigued.
Interesting... the extra "spike" coming out of the face does....what exactly? It doesn't contact any of the walls in the bolt guide..

I thought this would be made of delrin to enhance how fast it cycles, but I guess consistency is more important than velocity where poppets are concerned...
Old 06-10-2012, 10:14 PM #21
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
Interesting... the extra "spike" coming out of the face does....what exactly?

I thought this would be made of delrin to enhance how fast it cycles, but I guess consistency is more important than velocity where poppets are concerned...
Not too mention aluminum is much lighter than the stock brass poppet. I can't give anything away about how it works yet...except that it should speed things up quite a bit!