Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-16-2011, 09:35 PM #1
Havoc.

Proto Reflex Techt L7 Preliminary

Alright so as promised albeit a few days later (life happens) here is my short and sweet preliminary "review" of the TechT L7 Proto Reflex Rail bolt system. Mind you this was in no way, shape, or form scientific or extensive, but it's a start and I'll update this as I continue to test it and hopefully next weekend I'll be able to give it a solid day's use. Anyways, on to what you came here for...

Reflex Rail (Stock Internals)
Dwell: 18 ms (default)
Chrono: ~285 FPS (did not pay attention to consistency)

Reflex Rail (TechT'd Internals)
Dwel: 18 ms (default)
Chrono: ~345 FPS

As you can see, I experienced a jump of roughly 60 FPS after dropping in the TechT bolt. I DID witness the supposed "chirp" the first shot or two, and I've not an inkling as to what might be causing this (by all means, anyone from TechT on here please chime in on this..."issue"). The paint was exactly the same in both sets, and the barrel used was the stock .690 Proto barrel. We'll see what happens once I dial in the HPR and set the dwell correctly, but I'm willing to bet I'll see a quite decent decrease in sound signature and a much boosted efficiency. If you have any Qs feel free to post 'em up.

-Ryan
Havoc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:37 PM #2
Havoc.

Also, if TechT or anyone on here has any tips they could give me on the best way to approach setting up the Reflex with the TechT bolt, let me know. I'll also try to post up some pictures.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:38 PM #3
LEX_BALLER 3

LEX_BALLER 3 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
LEX_BALLER 3 supports Team VICIOUS
LEX_BALLER 3 is for the Gunfight
Meh i just dont see the point in wasting money on so called "upgrades" a upgrade should be something that fixes a deficiency. There is nothing wrong with the stock bolt so its not really upgrading anything.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:42 PM #4
Havoc.

The point of that post was what exactly? Of course there is nothing perceptively wrong with the stock bolt system-it will work just fine. But for the cost of an expensive case of paint, why not buy this upgrade which, from my findings so far, will reduce sound signature as well as increase efficiency a good deal?
Old 07-16-2011, 09:44 PM #5
Feloniousnick

Feloniousnick plays in the APPA D5 division
I could see this being nice for back players in tournament paintball. The Reflex rail is typically gonna sit at a hopper + 5-7 pods depending on some variables. So it's probably very close to not being enough for a back player so the TechT could put it over the edge. As well with the significant decrease in the pressure I'm sure it probably shoots smoother.

Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=311193
Feloniousnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:45 PM #6
Havoc.

Exactly, and also quieter. I'm figuring this coupled with my Eigenbarrel will make for quite a potent combination.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:57 PM #7
livestrong 917

livestrong 917 supports Team VICIOUS
How much of an increase did you notice in his effiecency...
livestrong 917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:04 PM #8
Feloniousnick

Well with a 68/4500 tank with a full fill, on the t ech paintball review the efficiency test yielded 7 and 1/3 pods with the stock barrel and RPS premium paint. So overall the efficiency is pretty nice for a mid-end spool, depends on the person to whether the upgrade is worth it.

Have you experienced any problems with it so far that you didn't have in the stock bolt? I've helped multiple people so far with issues they have been having after installing it (that were just simple and somewhat obvious fixes since I haven't used the reflex techT bolt).

As well aside from just the review on the TechT bolt, what do you think of the reflex rail in general? How was it with the stock bolt and are there any issues you see in the design or with the eye-pipe or anything like that?

Feedback

Last edited by Feloniousnick : 07-19-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:26 AM #9
postman1
Reservoir Dogs

@Feloniousnick - what kind of problems have you helped others fix.

-- Proudly Sponsored By --
GOG - Luxe - Valken - QuickShot - Virtue - FogDoc - TechT - DeadlyWind
postman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:32 AM #10
Feloniousnick

Well I've explained the leaking past 280 fps and why it happens, problems with leaks, just simple stuff.

Feedback
Old 07-19-2011, 12:05 PM #11
postman1
Reservoir Dogs

I installed my L7 yesterday in my Reflex. I haven't played a game with it yet but for some reason it seems fine with the stock settings. I only took a few shots with it to test it. Any suggestions?

Old 07-19-2011, 12:30 PM #12
livestrong 917

Well I dont have a reflex just the regular 2011 rail... but same principles right?..... I was thinking about getting the techt bolt to improve my efficiency of my marker..
Old 07-19-2011, 01:14 PM #13
Feloniousnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by livestrong 917 View Post
Well I dont have a reflex just the regular 2011 rail... but same principles right?..... I was thinking about getting the techt bolt to improve my efficiency of my marker..
Yes, the same principles apply since it is the same bolt design.

And for Postman1, I'd recommend lowering the HPR a little before airing it up because the decrease in pressure that is needed to run the TechT bolt will make the overall FPS crank way up if you left it just how it was with the stock bolt. Other than that I'd say play with it, you should be able to lower the dwell some to get more efficiency since it requires less, but I'd wait till I had a chrono to do that. I'm sure you can find some recommended start settings for when you first put it in on TechT's site or something.

Feedback
Old 07-19-2011, 01:51 PM #14
postman1
Reservoir Dogs

I did lower my velocity before airing it up. I guess waiting to use a chrono would be best! I did notice a strange sound while taking some shots!

Old 07-19-2011, 02:14 PM #15
livestrong 917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feloniousnick View Post
Yes, the same principles apply since it is the same bolt design.

So there would be an increase of maybe a pod or half? or what?
Old 07-19-2011, 04:18 PM #16
Feloniousnick

I'm not sure because there hasn't been enough testing or any efficiency tests with it installed and tuned. A pod or a pod and a half would probably be a safe guess with it tuned to the TechT bolt settings.

Feedback
Old 07-20-2011, 12:10 AM #17
Havoc.

Alright guys well I've noticed something that is a bit concerning to me and I've emailed Tim @ TechT and am awaiting a reply. When I had my Reflex L7 bolt installed, and If I continually only fired one shot, and pausing for a second, it will make the "chirp" sound which is quite high-pitched and loud. Also, when I was testing around with dwell, I was unable to lower it below 16.

I'm not sure if this was partly due to the insane heat and higher-than-Amazon levels of humidity/moisture up here in Minnesota this week, but I'll keep you posted. I definitely want an answer from TechT on this "chirp" as if it persists and is not due to a possible faulty kit I received I may end up returning it, as I cannot stand the noise (louder than anything I've ever heard a paintball gun sound with paint). Keep in mind I'm hearing this "chirp" with paint being fired, not only with dry-firing as TechT had stated.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:36 AM #18
postman1
Reservoir Dogs

I hear that chirp sound also. I was able to lower my dwell to 14. Something I notice was when I take shots, the bolt cycles front and back....but when I de-gas the gun...the bolt stays forward on the last shot. Is it just me.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:58 PM #19
Feloniousnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by postman1 View Post
I hear that chirp sound also. I was able to lower my dwell to 14. Something I notice was when I take shots, the bolt cycles front and back....but when I de-gas the gun...the bolt stays forward on the last shot. Is it just me.
On the last shot it's just the leftover air and since the pressure/dwell is lower it may just not have enough to fully cycle when the gun is degassed. That isn't a big issue.

As far as the chirp, I've heard others ask about it and I have no idea what's up with it.

Feedback
Old 07-20-2011, 09:41 PM #20
Ravenstylea2

Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ahhh the chirp. My experience with the chirp was due to a faulty top hat oring upon putting a brand new bolt in the gun, where the chirpy noise persisted until about 500 shots or so then pssssssssss.... all the air leaked out of the front of the breach. I asked techt and he said to change the tiny oring "top hat oring" in the back of the bolt. Luckily I had bought the l7 bolt kit and top hat oring kit. I changed the top hat oring and now the gun shoots beautifully. No more chirp. Got a video check sig.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:20 PM #21
TOS Bravo

TOS Bravo is for the Gunfight

Last edited by TOS Bravo : 07-23-2011 at 08:33 PM.
TOS Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote