Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Should there be another Ego?
YES! It's about time! 15 83.33%
No thanks... I'm cool with the spool. 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2016, 04:41 PM #1
miguelcont96
MadMan Paintball

miguelcont96 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
miguelcont96 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
miguelcont96 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
miguelcont96 supports Ninja Paintball
Next EGO Wish List.

The EGO is a legend. Recently it looks like the tournament scene isn't leaving much room for stacked tube markers and as a result it looks like they do not sell as well as they used to. This doesn't mean that the Ego doesn't deserve at least one more rebirth though. I think there are plenty of us that would jump on it immediately. Personally I haven't owned an Ego... in every single case either I couldn't afford it or wasn't playing paintball... The only thing stopping me from getting the 1.1 right now is that I have hopes that before the Ego line is finally put to rest that there will be one more and despite Jack Wood saying a million times that there are no plans for it... I have a funny little feeling that it is coming and I want to be ready for it.

What should it feature?

I'd be happy with an LV1.1 with CS build. Hopefully they can find a way to make it fit well.

Last edited by miguelcont96 : 09-21-2016 at 11:45 PM.
miguelcont96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2016, 07:13 PM #2
DriverJ
Death is Coming...

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
DriverJ is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
DriverJ supports Ninja Paintball
Depending on the battery life gains of using the 2AA's vs 9 volt I wouldn't mind seeing that, and some type of HUD integration in the electronics.
Wireless contacts for all of the electronics.
Much other than that I'm not worried about more smooth, more efficient yada yada. I'm quiet happy with the LV1 and probably won't buy another marker on unless an SL Variant of an LV1/1.1 comes out.
DriverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 02:26 PM #3
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

I'd love to see a new ego, but the only thing I can think of would be get rid of the AT pipe. Don't care what kind of batteries I use, as long as they have a good life span in the marker.
jtguy2269 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 03:57 PM #4
S.W.A.T
Fresman PB Student

Total Shot Counter which cannot be resetted by user. So, when we want to buy a used EGO, then we'll able to know how much it's used, how many cases/balls shot till that time.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:56 PM #5
Syngraves923

is playing at Dead Legends
Syngraves923 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Syngraves923 plays in the APPA D5 division
Syngraves923 supports Ninja Paintball
No AT pipe is number one and I like the idea of a permanent shot counter like an odometer of a car. also have a reset able shot count separate for people like me who like to see how much paint they shot each weekend.
Syngraves923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:41 PM #6
Noa Bo

Noa Bo owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Noa Bo supports Shocker RSX
Enclose the Bolt.
CS1 like trigger guard.
AA operation.
Wireless frame to body.
So smooth it seems like it's shooting low.
Extremely quiet.
Super consistent.
Air efficient.
Easy maintenance.
Extremely reliable.
Durable.
Comfortable- shrink the trigger frame.
Old Yesterday, 06:31 AM #7
dubv187
Inglewood

dubv187 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dubv187 is an NCPA player
Take off the AT pipe is really all that jumps out. I'm on board with the permanent shot counter. I've reset mine a couple of times on accident and would like to know the # of shots i've put on it total.

Nothing personal against spool valves, but I prefer poppits. As much as I like trying new guns whenever I had a luxe or a DM, it just didnt have "that feel" of a poppit I enjoyed. As long as they make egos, I'll keep buying them.
Old Today, 10:24 AM #8
Calculon The Great

Calculon The Great owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Calculon The Great supports Ninja Paintball
Calculon The Great supports Empire
At the risk of being covered in tar and feathers and being thrown out of town, I don't see the point of another Ego. Not with the CS1 and the Gtek 160R. We've reached the point where spool valve guns (at least the ones made by PE) are as reliable, and very nearly as efficient as poppet valve guns.

I also don't see two poppet valve offerings in the future (Ego and Etek). I wouldn't be surprised however if PE comes out with a new poppet valve gun, just because for so long the Ego was the 'signature' gun for PE.

If that's the case, I would see something like the Gtek 160R: some sort of all metal Etek with AT pipe, OLED, and the new ASA, but with a lever valve like the LV1. Come to think of it, that would bring it really close to a repackaged LV1.1.

Last edited by Calculon The Great : Today at 06:50 PM. Reason: I meant CS1, not 'CSR'
Calculon The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:48 PM #9
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

Annual Supporting Member
oldmanian donated to help Peyton Trent
 is playing at Dead Legends
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
oldmanian supports Bob Gurnsey
That gamma core. It's more robust operationally then a poppet and it shoots close enough in all areas and it's enclosed. It does this with a single tube and a single regulator.

I have loved all my Ego's but let's all keep on mind that the platform is extremely mature and has been iterated since 2005. There's limits to what you can do. Let's also look at the two most recent designs The gamma cored Gtek and The CS1 and realize exactly where PE's targets are for robust operation, reliability and ease of ownership. The challenge to make a new ego that is better in those areas is a steep challenge and what's the reward? PE already has an amazing offering (LV1.1) at a crazy price ($995 now?) That fits right in with the balance of their line in its own price point. And aside from shot feel, the ergonomics of the marker are less flexible as you have costraints on the front end of the marker due to the valve and the lpr.

But if I am looking at it from a wish list perspective.

Lengthen the lever valve so it's even softer/smoother. Offer this as an LVR/SL with appropriate milling.

Fix LPR pressure and allow adjustments only through the SFR's.

Use the CS1 lower with the LPR in the grip with the HPR.

How about making it basically a single tube poppet with the lower tube vastly smaller by comparison to current LV's because of the new lever up front needing drastically less force for the valve opening. You csn then recess the smaller lower tube into the gripframe so it looks single tubed.

Bottom line. In the time I've been in paintball I have not seen anyone as talented as Jack Wood in throwing all of our crazy wants into a pot and pulling out markers that are a robust blend of innovations (simple and complex), sound engineering, consistent build quality and a bit of something we didn't know we needed until he showed us. A new Ego could (IMO) only come from Jack & while I hope one does, PE has given us a ton of great markers actoss the board right now that are great shooters.
Originally posted by Lurker27:" ...incompetence has no raw material..."
oldmanian is offline   Reply With Quote