Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-17-2017, 11:06 PM #1
makeitbetter

Whew...CSL/Ego11 rear frame screw issue

Well, just picked up a gorgeous CSL. I also purchased a modified pooty Dart kit and went to replace all the necessary parts.

The problem is the rear bolt that attaches the frame to body...it was TIGHT, I mean so tight I feared I was going to strip either the allen key or the screw itself...in fact I marked up the allen key pretty good.

I applied even pressure, and I mean a lot of pressure, and SNAP! I got lucky...I snapped the bolt head clean off from the screw and was able to easily remove the bolt head. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to have some material behind the bolt head keeping it from screwing off...

So - anyone know where I can purchase a new screw? Can't find one anywhere. It looks like I now need to remove the solenoid to get to the entire screw portion, which looks flanged. Is that correct?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by makeitbetter : 05-17-2017 at 11:08 PM.
makeitbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2017, 01:25 AM #2
Cracker with a gun
My friend made my name

Cracker with a gun supports Cereal Killerz 2
Cracker with a gun owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Cracker with a gun owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Cracker with a gun is Boss
Cracker with a gun supports Ninja Paintball
i would say either 1) contact PE directly, they are always great to work with 2) try http://paintballshowcase.com 3) also try http://violentseries.com for their screw kit.

CS1 FL Barrel kit// Aurora SL74// SL77 V2 PRO// SPIRE // CCM'd Inception mini FLE pump
Cracker with a gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:28 PM #3
ssslither

has been a member for 10 years
ssslither owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The front & rear frame screws are 10-32 x 3/8 socket button head screws & should be available at any Ace/True-Value type hardware stores. Your local PE Service Center and/or Painball Showcase as Cracker mentioned will certainly be able to help you as well.

As for getting the screw out, there are various styles of ez-outs available if you felt compelled to try & remove it yourself.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:59 PM #4
Aardvark_QT
Team Capital Offense

Annual Supporting Member
Aardvark_QT is playing at Living Legends X
Aardvark_QT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Aardvark_QT owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Aardvark_QT owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Aardvark_QT owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssslither View Post
The front & rear frame screws are 10-32 x 3/8 socket button head screws & should be available at any Ace/True-Value type hardware stores. Your local PE Service Center and/or Painball Showcase as Cracker mentioned will certainly be able to help you as well.

As for getting the screw out, there are various styles of ez-outs available if you felt compelled to try & remove it yourself.
The rear Cam-screw for the CSL is reverse threaded. A specialty screw specific only to the CSL's. Contact Planet Eclipse Rhode Island.

Fixer of Pew-Pews so they make better Bang-Bang!
Aardvark_QT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:26 PM #5
ssslither

has been a member for 10 years
ssslither owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
My bad. Somewhere I was thinking he had an Ego11.

Last edited by ssslither : 05-18-2017 at 02:31 PM.
ssslither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:31 PM #6
makeitbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark_QT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssslither View Post

The rear Cam-screw for the CSL is reverse threaded. A specialty screw specific only to the CSL's. Contact Planet Eclipse Rhode Island.
Wait...that SOB in the back is reverse thread? I could have sworn it came out normally threaded...I'll be honest, if it is that that's why I broke that thing. And if that's the case why the hell would that be reverse thread in that location?
Old 05-18-2017, 01:58 PM #7
Aardvark_QT
Team Capital Offense

Annual Supporting Member
Aardvark_QT is playing at Living Legends X
Aardvark_QT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Aardvark_QT owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Aardvark_QT owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Aardvark_QT owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
It's reverse threaded in a manner so that as you turn the cam-screw counter-clockwise (as you're looking at the screw) then the threads will "pull" the frame up towards the body. This was a new design that received favorable aesthetic reviews. However, just as what's happened in your case, it proved to be a bit more problematic to have a recessed internal cam-screw. That's why you don't see this utilized on any other marker from PE.

Fixer of Pew-Pews so they make better Bang-Bang!
Aardvark_QT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:14 PM #8
makeitbetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark_QT View Post
It's reverse threaded in a manner so that as you turn the cam-screw counter-clockwise (as you're looking at the screw) then the threads will "pull" the frame up towards the body. This was a new design that received favorable aesthetic reviews. However, just as what's happened in your case, it proved to be a bit more problematic to have a recessed internal cam-screw. That's why you don't see this utilized on any other marker from PE.
Thanks for the info, very helpful.

-Mark