Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-08-2014, 07:42 PM #1
kuyamike816

Ego 11 DART Kit Fine Tune?

Does anybody know how to mess with tune on the Ego 11 with a dart kit?
So heres my problem. The other day at the field my ego wouldnt shoot over 250. I just had replaced all the oring and did maintenance to the whole gun. I started to get pissed and wasted 2 pods just trying to figure it out. My teammate said to lower the dwell from 15.5 to 15 and after that it chronoed at 300 like i wanted it.
My question now is that why did my velocity go down at stock settings? How do i keep it at a consistent way so that everytime i go to the field everything is working.
My HPR is like 2 and a half turns in from flush and i'm getting scared that it will blow my solenoid. The SFR's are at stock settings. also the LPR is stock at 2.5 turns in.
kuyamike816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2014, 01:53 AM #2
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
OK, here is my opinion on settings:

Take your Ego11/CSL.
Install the new DART kit.
Adjust HPR to get the gun shooting desired velocity.
Go and play paintball.

After installing the DART kit you don't NEED to adjust the LPR.
After installing the DART kit you don't NEED to adjust the Dwell.

However, after installing the DART kit you may want to fine tune the dwell, the LPR, or both. But the choice is yours.

Some people like to tinker and tune. Some people like to pull their gun out of their bag and go play. The DART kit will certainly allow those that DO like to tinker and tune a larger range of adjustment across all parameters over the stock gun. But importantly for those that just like to play, hours spent with gauges, test kits, chonographs and adjustment tables is most definitely not a prerequisite to enjoying and feeling the benefits of this kit.

Jack
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:26 PM #3
kuyamike816

Actually, that was my concern. I have the dart kit in it. Its already broken in. I was just worried that everything is stock besides my HPR being stock at 4.5 turns in, it is currently at 2.5 turns in. I thought it was going to blow my solenoid for shooting high? I never really mess with the dwell unless i had to which i did. Should i keep going lower on my dwell with the HPR turned in like that?
kuyamike816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:49 PM #4
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
tune it just like you would with any other ego. counting turns is a good guideline for setting up the ego but won't get you the best results. Turn the lpr until you can fire the marker, adjust hpr for velocity. and lower dwell until you are getting inconsistent velocity
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote