Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-13-2015, 07:22 PM #1
mkePB

07 ego

how reliable is an 07 ego? like saying its been well kept, not amazing but you know like cleaned and taken care of and everything runs as is now. is it worth spending $250 on an 07 ego? or should you just get a newer gun?
mkePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2015, 11:37 PM #2
maxoutorblackout

I got the 05 Ego when if first came out and played numerous tournaments all over the world in all kinds of weather, hot and cold. Shot cases and cases through it and it never let me down. Ego's are just tanks!!! IMO $250 for an 07 or 08 is money well spent. It's almost impossible to get a lemon Planet Eclipse Ego.

Owned:
Ego 5
Ego 6
Ego 8
maxoutorblackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:26 PM #3
tall white guy
^I regret this^

Annual Supporting Member
tall white guy is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxoutorblackout View Post
. Ego's are just tanks!!! IMO $250 for an 07 or 08 is money well spent.
What he said ^

This topic has been brought up a lot, and the general consensus is that an 07/08 ego is still more than competitive in today's tournament scene. It may be louder and "kick" more then the current generation of the ego, but you're still getting a high end marker for lowend price.
tall white guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:55 PM #4
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR
Dyin's for Fools!

Annual Supporting Member
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The only functional changes an 07 or 08 would have would be that they're a tad smaller than guns these days, and don't have the changes made to be as smooth. That's really it.

They're reliable and efficient, and very well crafted.

$250 for an Ego7 is a bargain. New grips, o-ring rebuild, all cleaned up and properly lubricated, you could play an entire year without doing anything but cleaning the barrel/breech/bolt. Guaranteed. Many pro's back in the day would never maintain their Ego's unless needed and they could last many cases without anything going wrong. Personally I'd rather have an SL74 or Ego8 but they're all great markers.

Last edited by C0ck3r_W0RR1OR : 01-17-2015 at 03:57 PM.
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:23 PM #5
greendaddytwo

greendaddytwo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
greendaddytwo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
07 ego

Solid shooter at a budget price, I have owned an 06, sl66, and 3 07's. All of them are/were reliable and low, low, LOW maintenance and super efficient on air. A good primary or back up marker for your gear bag.