PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-17-2014, 12:40 PM #1
insanity16

insanity16 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
insanity16 plays in the APPA D4 division
Geo 2.1 with IV Core settings?

Hey Nation, I spoilt myself today and purchased an IV Core bolt. I have tried searching for settings or "best" settings but have come up empty handed.
Anyone here care to share, what will be the best settings for a Geo 2.1 with IV Core. Dwell is standard, tank output pressure is 550. I'm looking to run it between 280-290fps. Not too bothered about efficiency, looking for the smoothest shot.
Yes I like to tinker and dial my canon in, Any advice (except leave it standard :-) ) would be greatly appreciated...
Rotar
Ex GOG eXTCy Green
Ex Empire Axe
insanity16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2014, 09:55 PM #2
CarsonRemchuk

CarsonRemchuk plays in the PSP
CarsonRemchuk owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CarsonRemchuk supports Team VICIOUS
CarsonRemchuk supports Team VICIOUS
Stock is always going to run the best, for the most part.

Break it in a bit. You may be able to drop your dwell a bit and pretty sure you can tune the back cap of the IV Core with an allen key, however not sure about what it does
Exalt
Kick'N Paintball Park
GSL Owner Serial 716
CarsonRemchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:18 AM #3
boricuazfinest89
Luisito

Annual Supporting Member
boricuazfinest89 is playing at Living Legends VII
boricuazfinest89 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
boricuazfinest89 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Im not sure if this applies to the geo 2 but with the geo 3 and 3.1 turning the back screw on the iv bolt four times from being flush will get you the same perfomance as a gsl/3.5.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post84832609
boricuazfinest89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:26 AM #4
p8ntshoota
Eclipse Tech Support

p8ntshoota is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
p8ntshoota works for a Paintball manufacturer
p8ntshoota owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanity16 View Post
Hey Nation, I spoilt myself today and purchased an IV Core bolt. I have tried searching for settings or "best" settings but have come up empty handed.
Anyone here care to share, what will be the best settings for a Geo 2.1 with IV Core. Dwell is standard, tank output pressure is 550. I'm looking to run it between 280-290fps. Not too bothered about efficiency, looking for the smoothest shot.
Yes I like to tinker and dial my canon in, Any advice (except leave it standard :-) ) would be greatly appreciated...
This is because there are no "Best" settings that anyone CAN give you. Every marker is going to be different. Where YOU live compared to where I live may be so dramatically different that if we use the same settings they will not work the same. Altitude, Temperature, Humidity, Weather conditions in general and demographics will not allow you to have two markers set the same way. Also...the position that you play and the way you play will be different as well. A front player will not have nearly as many shots on his marker as a Back player will. A scenario player will likely not have a marker that is even close to the overall shot count as a ramping rate of fire tournament player. Finally...every marker is different in the terms of the components. No two solenoids will work exactly the same. This is why we have a specified set of timing parameters known as "Factory". These are known values that WILL work for you no matter where you are. Tried...Tested...True.

By your own admission you like to tinker and dial in your own can(n)on so why wouldn't you take the steps to Dwell Tune your own marker and set it up specifically for your own preferences rather than rely on what someone else is using? This makes more sense. There are a number of resources available that will address the process of Dwell Tuning and setting up your marker.

You can do this.

Best of Luck

I Love that it takes longer to open a package for a repair on an Ego than it takes to actually fix the gun!

For the Love of Paintball....Use OILon the rammer!

If you THINK you're a Super Hero...You're NOT! SLIDE RIGHT!!!

Last edited by p8ntshoota : 11-20-2014 at 09:29 AM.
p8ntshoota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:00 AM #5
insanity16

Thanks for the advice guys. I was just looking for a base starting starting point, then was going to fine tune from there...
Basically I'm looking for the smoothest shot possible, not to interested in efficiency as I play upfront & very seldom drop more than 5pods (because I'm not very good :-) )
Tomorrow will be my first day out with the new core, so I will spend a little time tuning it before playing. Will gladly report back on what worked and what didn't.
Would it work if I put my "old" orings (16k shots) onto the new core and bolt? Instead of running in the new orings, to get a realistic run in feel? Yes I'm trying to speed up the process here, or should I just leave it?
Rotar
Ex GOG eXTCy Green
Ex Empire Axe
Old 11-23-2014, 07:28 AM #6
Grapepress

Annual Supporting Member
Grapepress is a Supporting Member
Grapepress plays in the PSP
Grapepress owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Grapepress supports our troops
Grapepress plays in the APPA D4 division
1. Set gun to stock dwell
2. Hand gun to your back player
3. Tell this person to not stop shooting
4. Enjoy a marker that probably has more shots on it in one match than you put on over three.

Do this for a couple of matches and it should be broken in a bit better. The key to see the results are:

-use for first point only (no shooting bunkers, trees, or poles, to see "how it's coming along"
-play with the gun last couple of points of the day(see the difference)
Grapepress is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 02:08 PM #7
Naumoff42
Keyboard Warrior

Naumoff42 donated to help Peyton Trent
Naumoff42 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Naumoff42 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapepress View Post
4. Enjoy a marker that probably has more shots on it in one match than you put on over three.

Do this for a couple of matches and it should be broken in a bit better. The key to see the results are:

-use for first point only (no shooting bunkers, trees, or poles, to see "how it's coming along"
Genius

Let me buy your Philly Luxe

DaLuxe Mob

Naumoff42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:47 AM #8
insanity16

Quote:
1. Set gun to stock dwell 2. Hand gun to your back player 3. Tell this person to not stop shooting 4. Enjoy a marker that probably has more shots on it in one match than you put on over three. Do this for a couple of matches and it should be broken in a bit better. The key to see the results are: -use for first point only (no shooting bunkers, trees, or poles, to see "how it's coming along" -play with the gun last couple of points of the day(see the difference)
Thank you!
Was so disappointed that we did not practice yesterday as the weather was terrible, nothing but torrential rain all day.
Rotar
Ex GOG eXTCy Green
Ex Empire Axe
Old 11-24-2014, 10:54 AM #9
p8ntshoota
Eclipse Tech Support

p8ntshoota is a Supporting Member
p8ntshoota works for a Paintball manufacturer
p8ntshoota owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:

Love It!!

I Love that it takes longer to open a package for a repair on an Ego than it takes to actually fix the gun!

For the Love of Paintball....Use OILon the rammer!

If you THINK you're a Super Hero...You're NOT! SLIDE RIGHT!!!
p8ntshoota is offline   Reply With Quote