Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2017, 10:32 PM #1
WhatWasIThinkn
What Was I Thinkn
 
WhatWasIThinkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Cs1 vs Luxe ice

What if any advantages does the cs1 have over the ice. I'm especially concerned with the weight. The ice is much lighter than my Lv1. I don't have a CS1 yet but I am considering it. Thanks for any input!!
WhatWasIThinkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2017, 08:36 AM #2
Tony Torque
 
 
Tony Torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
 has been a member for 10 years
Tony Torque owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Tony Torque supports Ninja Paintball
CS1 is heavier than the LV and Ice.
Tony Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:46 AM #3
Big Papa Pink
High-end Aficionado
 
Big Papa Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NoCO
Annual Supporting Member
Big Papa Pink is BST Legit
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Big Papa Pink owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Big Papa Pink supports DLX Technology
Big Papa Pink supports Ninja Paintball
Two main advantages that I can think of.
The CS1 will be more efficient, and the daily maintenance of the CS1 will be easier.

The Ice is lighter and I prefer how it points over the CS1. With ergonomics being so personal, choose the one that feels best to you.
__________________
Domination through Saturation
Old and Slow

Current Dark Side Markers:
Active: Several Markers
Active Reserve: Many, Many More
Retired from Active Service: A Few limited edition yet fully functional markers
Big Papa Pink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:19 PM #4
Mr. Stealthy
 
 
Mr. Stealthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Jacksonville, NC
 has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Mr. Stealthy supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWasIThinkn View Post
What if any advantages does the cs1 have over the ice. I'm especially concerned with the weight. The ice is much lighter than my Lv1. I don't have a CS1 yet but I am considering it. Thanks for any input!!
Advantages in my eyes are lower maintenance with fewer dynamic seals, true wireless frame connection, AA battery comptibility vs rechargeable lithium (preference), more trigger adjustment options, slightly better ASA (magnets have been falling out if the Luxe Ice's, nicer full wrap around grips, and Autococker barrel threads.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:08 PM #5
WhatWasIThinkn
What Was I Thinkn
 
WhatWasIThinkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Thanks for the input!
WhatWasIThinkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:20 PM #6
diehli
Geniass
 
diehli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: IE, SoCal
Annual Supporting Member
diehli owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
diehli plays in the APPA beginner division
diehli owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
We've had 2 Luxes go down with what seemed like loader issues.

The first one we thought it was the OG Rotor, but the TFX & Spire 3 we tried on it also displayed the same issue, which seemed like a feed issue. Replaced a half dozen o-rings (propshaft, bolt, & bolt guide) & it's running awesome.

Now during practice today, another one displayed the same issue. Undoubtedly it's the same thing.

I've not had any issues like that with my CS1s & CSR. Anything that's happened has been easy to determine & fix. Mostly it's been paint in the breach gunking up the works or me setting the SFR in the wrong position.

I will say that the ICE was impressively consistent, & accurate as a result of that. But, it just doesn't feel as comfortable to me as the CS1. It also feels like I'll break the damn thing. It's not only that it's light, but the doodads feel kinda dainty. The ASA is case-in-point. Also, all the lightening means lots of places for paint to hide & no easy way to clean it out (you really need to run things like the trigger under water).

As BPP said, you really need to shoulder both & see which feels better to you.
__________________
-Cullen
ML Crisis #72
One Team, One Goal!

Tact is for those not witty enough to be sarcastic.

FOR SALE:
-Planet Eclipse eBlade E2 (black) w/extra solenoid
diehli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:18 PM #7
WhatWasIThinkn
What Was I Thinkn
 
WhatWasIThinkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Yea. I think I'm gonna give them both a shot. How they feel on the field will undoubtably be the deciding factor. Thanks for the info
WhatWasIThinkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:33 PM #8
Mr. Stealthy
 
 
Mr. Stealthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Jacksonville, NC
 has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Mr. Stealthy supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWasIThinkn View Post
Yea. I think I'm gonna give them both a shot. How they feel on the field will undoubtably be the deciding factor. Thanks for the info
Definitely worth doing. I rock a CS1 right now, but I could honestly happily own either the Luxe Ice or the M2 as well. They are all such incredible markers with something unique to offer in their own way.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:02 PM #9
Huardmadness
 
 
Huardmadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kauai
Huardmadness owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Huardmadness supports DLX Technology
Huardmadness supports Shocker RSX
Huardmadness supports Ninja Paintball
This is a tough decision to make if you only can chose 1.

I own a Dynasty CS1 and a Galaxy Ice. I will say I am slightly biased towards PE. They make solid markers! In the hands, both feel right at home for me. I like the long body markers and balanced spool valves.

Features, machine work, easy of maintenance, air efficiency, tear down (for the people who wrench on their own markers) and the over all quality feel: CS1.

Shot quality goes to the Ice and I hate to admit that. It shoots softer, quieter and more consistent (both FPS and grouping) than my CS1. I would complain about the Ice being ion threads for the barrel but damn... the factory freak ready barrel couldnt get any better. I actually have used my Ice tip on a freak back on my CS1 lol its that good.

If you are like me or many others that buy and sell new markers every 6 months or so get what ever you feel is best. if you plan on keeping it for a few years I would recommend the CS1 as it will probably outlast the Ice or many other marker.

Happy shooting
-Madness
Huardmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:06 AM #10
Cracker with a gun
My friend made my name
 
Cracker with a gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SW Washington
Cracker with a gun supports Cereal Killerz 2
Cracker with a gun owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Cracker with a gun owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Cracker with a gun is Boss
Cracker with a gun supports Ninja Paintball
I will start by saying the ICE and the CS1 are pretty much on par with one another and its really only person preference that separates them. I will share only personal experiences and opinions, not garbage internet rumors. I purchased an OLED brand new (prior to ICE release) from Core Field who plays some what locally to me. All around me Luxes are pretty much the most common marker you'll find, next would probably be a Geo of some kind (2.1-3.5). IMO Luxes are absolutely fantastic! They are super smooth, beautiful anno, light weight, great supportive community. Even with all of those pro's i still ended up selling mine and buying a new CS1.

My luxe shot in freezing temperature without issue, same as my CS1. Though to do that it did require a little bit more know how on settings and maintenance.

The Luxe is lighter in the hands as well as thinner and more compact. Though, I will say that the wrap around grips in both the fore grip and the rear are very nice on the CS1. This does result in a thicker grip, but I prefer the positive traction and comfort in the cold.

I have no issues with the effort of taking the time to maintenance markers. But there will always be wear and tear from playing and it gets a little annoying replacing O-rings on any marker. I found that with more O-rings seeing more wear and tear on a luxe it was more that eventually needed to be replaced. Not really a big deal but its nice to do less maintenance and replace less O-rings on on my CS1. Tear down is also much simpler on the CS1. While I would consider both to be very easy in general. The HPR on the Luxe is more "complicated" to dissemble and work on and more work that on the CS1. I also find it easier to get the tool-less eye covers off the the CS1 over those of the Luxe but thats an extremely minor detail.

My biggest gripe with the Luxe line up is the rechargeable battery. It is awesome for a lot of people. It also doesn't need to be replaced thus saving money... but it does need to be charged. I always seemed to forget to charge the stupid battery. It's much easier and more convenient for myself to carry AA batteries than to take one side of the grip off and plug the Luxe into a charging cable somewhere in the house. This is my own fault and undoing as well as my own personal preference.

While efficiency has improved from the OLED to the ICE it still is not as efficient as the CS1. This honestly isn't a huge factor if all of your fields and tournaments offer 4500 psi fills. Which all but 1 of my fields does. However, when i do go to that 1 single field it was a PIA to refill and pay attention to how much air i had left during games on a 3000 psi fill. The POPS ASA is also hands down miles better than any ASA on the market still.

The freak barrel is great for a lot of people, but I prefer a slightly longer control bore (like that provided by Planet). At the time it was extremely difficult to find an 8" control bore for the Luxe. Now, obviously, there is the Freak XL. Keep in mind thats still after market and extra costs, as it will require not only new inserts but also a completely new barrel, where as the Shaft has a native 8" control bore and only needs a different back if you want a difference size. I will note that the luxe freak tip is super quiet, thin, and quite sexy haha.

I've been playing for 13 years now i think. I've shot many different brand and models of markers. For some reason I just keep coming back to Planet Eclipse. They are an awesome company that reinvests a lot of time and money back in to the sport we play (not that others don't); from going to events and teaching guns, to actually having a real support team that is there to help, and even coming on to different forums and replying. I really appreciate that. Their markers all require very little maintenance and are bullet proof in design and last though the ages in both functionality and elegance.

Both are nice, again, its really only preference once you get to this level of marker. Sorry for the long drawn out post lol.
__________________
Oregon // Washington
NW AMBUSH PRO-SHOP//PLANET ECLIPSE FORUM
6th YR ASM // Sandana

CS1 FL Barrel kit// Aurora SL74// SL77 V2 PRO// SPIRE // CCM'd Inception mini FLE pump

Last edited by Cracker with a gun : 05-25-2017 at 03:09 AM.
Cracker with a gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:27 PM #11
Huardmadness
 
 
Huardmadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kauai
Huardmadness owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Huardmadness supports DLX Technology
Huardmadness supports Shocker RSX
Huardmadness supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker with a gun View Post
I will start by saying the ICE and the CS1 are pretty much on par with one another and its really only person preference that separates them. I will share only personal experiences and opinions, not garbage internet rumors. I purchased an OLED brand new (prior to ICE release) from Core Field who plays some what locally to me. All around me Luxes are pretty much the most common marker you'll find, next would probably be a Geo of some kind (2.1-3.5). IMO Luxes are absolutely fantastic! They are super smooth, beautiful anno, light weight, great supportive community. Even with all of those pro's i still ended up selling mine and buying a new CS1.

My luxe shot in freezing temperature without issue, same as my CS1. Though to do that it did require a little bit more know how on settings and maintenance.

The Luxe is lighter in the hands as well as thinner and more compact. Though, I will say that the wrap around grips in both the fore grip and the rear are very nice on the CS1. This does result in a thicker grip, but I prefer the positive traction and comfort in the cold.

I have no issues with the effort of taking the time to maintenance markers. But there will always be wear and tear from playing and it gets a little annoying replacing O-rings on any marker. I found that with more O-rings seeing more wear and tear on a luxe it was more that eventually needed to be replaced. Not really a big deal but its nice to do less maintenance and replace less O-rings on on my CS1. Tear down is also much simpler on the CS1. While I would consider both to be very easy in general. The HPR on the Luxe is more "complicated" to dissemble and work on and more work that on the CS1. I also find it easier to get the tool-less eye covers off the the CS1 over those of the Luxe but thats an extremely minor detail.

My biggest gripe with the Luxe line up is the rechargeable battery. It is awesome for a lot of people. It also doesn't need to be replaced thus saving money... but it does need to be charged. I always seemed to forget to charge the stupid battery. It's much easier and more convenient for myself to carry AA batteries than to take one side of the grip off and plug the Luxe into a charging cable somewhere in the house. This is my own fault and undoing as well as my own personal preference.

While efficiency has improved from the OLED to the ICE it still is not as efficient as the CS1. This honestly isn't a huge factor if all of your fields and tournaments offer 4500 psi fills. Which all but 1 of my fields does. However, when i do go to that 1 single field it was a PIA to refill and pay attention to how much air i had left during games on a 3000 psi fill. The POPS ASA is also hands down miles better than any ASA on the market still.

The freak barrel is great for a lot of people, but I prefer a slightly longer control bore (like that provided by Planet). At the time it was extremely difficult to find an 8" control bore for the Luxe. Now, obviously, there is the Freak XL. Keep in mind thats still after market and extra costs, as it will require not only new inserts but also a completely new barrel, where as the Shaft has a native 8" control bore and only needs a different back if you want a difference size. I will note that the luxe freak tip is super quiet, thin, and quite sexy haha.

I've been playing for 13 years now i think. I've shot many different brand and models of markers. For some reason I just keep coming back to Planet Eclipse. They are an awesome company that reinvests a lot of time and money back in to the sport we play (not that others don't); from going to events and teaching guns, to actually having a real support team that is there to help, and even coming on to different forums and replying. I really appreciate that. Their markers all require very little maintenance and are bullet proof in design and last though the ages in both functionality and elegance.

Both are nice, again, its really only preference once you get to this level of marker. Sorry for the long drawn out post lol.
^^^ THIS! I have been running and gunnin for 20+ years, always go back to PE. I have to admit though, I been in love my my Ice for the past few months lol
Huardmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:15 PM #12
Market3
 
 
Join Date: May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehli View Post
I've not had any issues like that with my CS1s & CSR. Anything that's happened has been easy to determine & fix. Mostly it's been paint in the breach gunking up the works or me setting the SFR in the wrong position.
Which SFR position is your favorite?
Market3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:27 PM #13
zombieninja9999
 
 
zombieninja9999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicago IL
zombieninja9999 is playing at Living Legends VI
zombieninja9999 is playing at Living Legends VII
zombieninja9999 is playing at Living Legends X
zombieninja9999 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
zombieninja9999 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I love my cs1 over my old ice, way better ergonomics of the foorgrip
__________________
/)/)
( '.')
(> )>
*\)\) copy bunny into your profile help him achieve world domination
zombieninja9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump