PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-06-2012, 01:47 PM #1
mbho222

Newb situation- Ion 2.0/GoG extcy

Hey guys,

So, I ordered the Ion 2.0 from ANS a few days ago and it should be here any day now. I was just recently looking and noticed that paintball online has the extcy for the same price as ANS, but it offering free 2 day shipping when you buy something over $100. My question is this really, I am going to be mostly a rec ball player, on the weekends on a speedball/hyperball field and I know the ions are notorious for leaks, bad banjo fittings, etc. Also, no BOB. I'm wondering if I should just ship the Ion back to ANS and go ahead and get the extcy, since it should be much easier as far as maintenance and what not for a noob since it at least has a BOB. Should I just stick with the ion and hope for no leaks, or go ahead and ship it back and order the extcy?

Thanks!!
mbho222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2012, 03:24 PM #2
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
Ions weren't notorious for any of those things. That's all user error. I've come across half a dozen Ions, none of them had problems. If that were the case, you'd have the same issues with the Extcy since it's the same company (SP=Gog).

There are still bob bodies for Ions floating around. Shocktech aluminum ones on ans, and the occasional Ion XE conversion pops up from time to time. I just found a nib conversion kit on Amazon. There's also a few upgrades available for Ions that aren't for the Extcy (yet). For instance, triggers.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:34 PM #3
B Lung
We Kill Suckers

B Lung owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
B Lung has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
B Lung has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ion!

Agreed, ions are one of the most reliable guns out there. if it does break somehow, parts for the ion are everywhere and cheap to buy
B Lung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:49 PM #4
mbho222

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
Ions weren't notorious for any of those things. That's all user error. I've come across half a dozen Ions, none of them had problems. If that were the case, you'd have the same issues with the Extcy since it's the same company (SP=Gog).

There are still bob bodies for Ions floating around. Shocktech aluminum ones on ans, and the occasional Ion XE conversion pops up from time to time. I just found a nib conversion kit on Amazon. There's also a few upgrades available for Ions that aren't for the Extcy (yet). For instance, triggers.
Alright, so you think I will just be alright to stick with the Ion for now? And just be sure to be careful when dealing with the gun and also plenty of o-rings, etc? I already have a pinokio and a Ninja 68/4500 also. Just looking to get a decent marker for some rec ball.
mbho222 is offline   Reply With Quote