Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-29-2012, 08:39 AM #1
killswitch45

Starting up again- impulse has just been sitting

So I havent played in a while because I knew my crossfire tanks was expired. Its been about since 06-07, since play; tank was purchased 05 or 06 (forget if high or low pressure). Everything has been sitting due to money, income, the economy. My GF now wants to go; I wont rent a tippman so I am going to dig out my gun. I just called crossfire, its $25 to re-cert the tank plus shipping .

I went digging through some of my old posts, and I found my gun set up (I am at work now, so please excuse anything I leave out or convey ignorance on):

2004 Impulse
Blackheart Board
CP Regulator
I Frame with magnetic trigger
Kung Fo Snatch Grip
Uni Mount
New Designz RIP Valve
ND Feedneck
ND Ram Assembly
ND Bolt and Pin
LPR (stock from smart parts?)
Hybrid Grips
J and J Ceramic Barrel Kit
Custom Milling and Anno

Besides taking care of the tank, I am worried and nervous as to the under taking when I arrive home. I know for sure that I have the smart parts lube. Do i need to put down a towel and open this baby up? Oil up the hammer, value, solonoid (this little thing scares me lol). Oil all the o-rings? Do i need to try to get into the HPR or LPR and oil that up?

I guess im just nervous trying to go back over all the paper work, diagrams, and pdf's of the blackheart, the solonoid and LPR level, HPR level, and dwell on the board. I put A LOT of money into this in high school, as well as many of you have into your imps and now I want to bring it to life again.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Not sure if any of you have let a marker sit for over 5 years then used it again!!

Last edited by killswitch45 : 05-29-2012 at 08:45 AM.
killswitch45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2012, 08:47 AM #2
kerry88mcclure

kerry88mcclure has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Impulses are very easy to maintain, just lay a towel down like u were saying and bust into it...lube the orings w dow 33 and u should be good 2 go.... Got a pic of this old beauty ?
kerry88mcclure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:53 AM #3
killswitch45

i will def get some pics!! i was searching thru my IOTM threads and all my uploads were tinypic website. those links are now dead. ill get it out tonight and update for you or those who are interested in seeing my silver/blue anno and set up.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:53 AM #4
killswitch45

getting a little analytical here....

would my smart parts lube work just as well? this stuff is oil/grease....all paintball product stuff. so it doesnt evaporate? its not like water.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:58 AM #5
kerry88mcclure

kerry88mcclure has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ya stock smart parts lube was dow 33 which does not swell the orings if im not mistaken....just dont over lube everything 2 much or u will have lube get to you noid and possilbly mess it up.... I have around 13 PL imps 4 w i frames...I would love to see some pics...2 bad ur not wanting to get rid of it..I have an angel I might trade for it after I see pics.... GL w ur rebuild...
kerry88mcclure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:34 AM #6
killswitch45

you have 13 prive label?! and we both know the rare i frame due to their factory burning down .

lol do you need another?! collector huh

i prob will keep it. if i remember correctly i purhcased chris lasoya indian creek gun as a back up, dumb purchase. but i put so much time and money into my impulse. even with getting a local guy to anno and mill it. i know it inside and out (at least i used to, but i know i kept everything hand written, and printed pdf's). Ill get pics when im home later tonight.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:55 AM #7
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
Honestly KS- you probably won't have to do anything to the impulse at all. I would personally just gas it up and see if it shoots. Friend of mine has owned a few imps and we never once cleaned or lubed his first one until just recently. It had probably 40 cases through the gun then sat for the better part of 6 years. Pulled it back out and it still worked just fine- and shot +/-3fps over the chrono.

If you are really nervous about messing with it right now just put a few drops of oil in the asa and shoot it a dozen times before playing with it. Then once you feel like you won't break it you can look into tearing it down.

The best part of these old school electronic guns is that you honestly didn't HAVE to maintain them all that much. They were workhorses and designed to function in some pretty rough play conditions. I also recommend before really tearing the gun apart make sure you pick up an oring kit for it first- and thoroughly read and understand how to do everything on it. http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/impulse/index.html is a good resource for impulses and shockers.

The dow33 that came stock on the gun (same as smart parts lube, or dye sl33k, or planet eclipse grease) really doesn't evaporate or break down all that fast. It's a low temperature bearing grease made for industrial applications.

Looking for some Gats?

Last edited by Japy : 05-29-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:00 PM #8
Heathcott123

I think you should air it up juat to make sure it works before you tear it down so that you know for a fact if you did some thing wrong on the reassemble(if something iswrong). You should probably lube it up and clean it for GOOD measure. You dont want a bunch of dust and debris cycling through your gun and/orworse... solenoid!!!

5 Different paintball tanks:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ighlight=tanks
Heathcott123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:32 PM #9
Hensley_1

How much for the blackheart board? Name a price
Hensley_1 is offline   Reply With Quote