Originally Posted by HarrisonJones
Hey guys! going to be getting a vapor soon! what do i need to know about them before purchasing?
I know theres a few updates out there. Like the Asa pin? anything else?
1.If you get it and you have problems with the eye covers poping off. dont panic you just have to follow pro mods eye cover fix
and it takes literally five min. It shouldnt happen anymore really because the current vapors have been shipping out with all the v2 parts. Same with the asa pin and bolt.
2. When you first get it, open up the bolt break it down wipe all the factory lube off and reapply dow 33. Dont really have to but I recommend it because sometimes they dont put enough or very little or it could be dirty lube. Make sure when you put the bolt assembly back in that the back latch that holds the bolt in the gun CLICKS and is ALL THE WAY DOWN. I foolishly didnt pay attention one day, aired up my gun, and the bolt assembly came flying out the back of the gun onto my couch (luckily) lol. You can stick your finger in the breach and push on the bolt assembly to make sure its in there properly, if you push on it and it pops back out its not in properly.
3. Make sure your tank is set for 450-500 thats the proper amount of pressure for the gun to operate, any higher you risk blowing out your noid.
4. Fsdo can happen, so shoot at least 5 cases through the gun and it solves the problem. Idk why the gun gets fsdo but im guessing it has something to do with the regulator design where the brand new parts just need to be worn in a little.
5. Register your guns SN# so you can get the hopper
6. Most importantly, run pro mods tune guide
and mow faces and thats all you need to know