Community Focus

Old 06-04-2012, 06:19 PM #1
WhiteStripes
Read the Stickies

WhiteStripes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WhiteStripes has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
WhiteStripes supports Empire
Upgraded parts in Markers.

Hello all, newbie here looking to get into the game. Pretty sure I've settled on picking up a used Axe, but my one question, is outside of barrels, as a beginner, should I be looking for stock internal guns? Sometimes I see them with upgraded boards and bolts. I'm a pretty tech/mechanical savvy type person, and eventually I'll probably look into upgrading my markers, but are upgrades just more of a hassle than they are worth when trying to get into the sport?
WhiteStripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2012, 06:22 PM #2
Raging Irish

Raging Irish owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
the only upgrades for the axe that will actually make a difference is a bolt, and the boss bolt imo is the best bolt, but board wise i never see why people want OLED they don't make the gun shoot better. I had a shockwave in my axe and i loved it and its only 35$. shoot the marker stock for a while then decide what you want to change
We don't have it, shoot us an email and we'll get it.
We Fill C02 and HPA!
Raging Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:23 PM #3
WhiteStripes
Read the Stickies

I figured that's what I'll probably do. If I see one for sale with a Boss bolt in it though maybe I'll make an extra effort to snag it. Thanks!
Old 06-04-2012, 07:12 PM #4
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
In general, with today's guns the so called upgrades are seldom worth the time. They are more lateral options as opposed to upgrades.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:50 PM #5
KidInfamous
There can only be One

Annual Supporting Member
KidInfamous plays in the PSP
KidInfamous donated to help Peyton Trent
KidInfamous supports Team VICIOUS
KidInfamous posts videos on PbNation
KidInfamous is a top reviewer
KidInfamous is Legendary
KidInfamous is Boss
If you are just buying the gun you don't need any real upgrades. It shoots really well stock. If you want anything look at getting a barrel kit so you can bore size your paint which will help with accuracy a bit. Bolt/board/detents. are all upgrades that aren't really necessary. They will help slightly but wont provide that much of a difference. the bolt may give you a little better efficiency and the detents may last longer but a board upgrade really is not necessary unless you are looking to tweak every aspect of the gun. look at the barrel kit first and as you get more involved then look at getting upgrades but get used to the gun first so you know how it works in an out
ASMC
Erie LandSharks
PittsburghAllAmericanHeroes
Youtube Channel CLICK IT!
Macdev Militia
KidInfamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:45 PM #6
WhiteStripes
Read the Stickies

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidInfamous View Post
If you are just buying the gun you don't need any real upgrades. It shoots really well stock. If you want anything look at getting a barrel kit so you can bore size your paint which will help with accuracy a bit. Bolt/board/detents. are all upgrades that aren't really necessary. They will help slightly but wont provide that much of a difference. the bolt may give you a little better efficiency and the detents may last longer but a board upgrade really is not necessary unless you are looking to tweak every aspect of the gun. look at the barrel kit first and as you get more involved then look at getting upgrades but get used to the gun first so you know how it works in an out
Sounds like a plan. And a barrel kit has always been the one thing I planned on getting.

What's HHH?
Old 06-05-2012, 08:16 AM #7
JC001
CrownPB

JC001 plays in the PSP
JC001 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JC001 posts videos on PbNation
JC001 plays in the APPA D4 division
A board is only really needed if the stock board doesn't allow you to adjust the markers rate of fire and firing mode to match tournament regulations (many older markers fall into this category). If the stock board can be adjusted to shoot in PSP mode or capped semi, and if it can adjust the rate of fire to be something like 12.5 bps you should be fine stock. If not worry about a new board when you actually need it for a tourney.

I would avoid any sort aftermarket internals from smaller companies. I have had some very very bad experiences with those kind of parts.
JC001 is offline   Reply With Quote