PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-26-2013, 10:04 PM #1
Ltr88

Ltr88 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Camo America cyclone kit

I got a cyclone upgrade kit made by camoflage America or something like that. It came with 3 pins and no instructions I ended up putting te pin that connects the rod to the linkage in and it's too long and it would hang up and wouldn't cycle I just ended up grinding the pin down but it still seems like it's not feeding on every shot it still looks like the ratchet misses a tooth every once in a while. Is there a trick to this kit. It had the paddles the ratchet and qeph and the lightening rod
Ltr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2013, 02:39 AM #2
PaperBoyWS
"Hell Must Fear Us"

PaperBoyWS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PaperBoyWS has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PaperBoyWS has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Try using a bit of oil or grease on the cup seal of the lightning rod/inside of the qeph. If the seal is dry, there can be too much friction to cycle the piston. Also check to ensure that the gas line to the feed is receiving enough air, and that your tank is full.

Are you using HPA or Co2?
TiPX/TPX Aftermarket Parts List
Empire Trracer. Tippmann SL-68 II. Tippmann TiPX. DP Rev-I. PE Geo+. Sheridan KP3. Milsig MK3 CQB Pro. 2k2 WGP pump 'cocker. WGP Trilogy Pro. Survival Game Splatmaster. Sheridan PGP.
PaperBoyWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:46 AM #3
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I've seen aftermarket mounting screws be a little too long and jack things up slightly. I had a friend with some sort of aftermarket Cyclone and it took me a good long while to realize what was going on when it would feed intermittently. I would look into that, and I would also check that your gas line is unkinked, your pistons and ratchet are oiled and also that your paddle screws aren't overly tight.
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:32 AM #4
7paintball
Service at its best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nwyka View Post
I've seen aftermarket mounting screws be a little too long and jack things up slightly. I had a friend with some sort of aftermarket Cyclone and it took me a good long while to realize what was going on when it would feed intermittently. I would look into that, and I would also check that your gas line is unkinked, your pistons and ratchet are oiled and also that your paddle screws aren't overly tight.
Noah
All great ideas. If you are still having problems go down to your local shop and see if they have a factory Cyclone kit and compare the instillation parts.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:03 PM #5
Ltr88

Ltr88 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Always use hpa and had a full tank. But I'll take another look at it and lube it a bit. Thanks for all the advice
Ltr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:53 AM #6
PaperBoyWS
"Hell Must Fear Us"

PaperBoyWS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PaperBoyWS has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PaperBoyWS has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Since you're using HPA, make sure your tank output is at around 950psi. Tippmanns with cyclone feeds are especially air hungry. If you don't have the right tank output, your gun won't work reliably. If your reg doesn't output that high, Ninja makes a super high pressure reg designed to work with Tippmanns.
TiPX/TPX Aftermarket Parts List
Empire Trracer. Tippmann SL-68 II. Tippmann TiPX. DP Rev-I. PE Geo+. Sheridan KP3. Milsig MK3 CQB Pro. 2k2 WGP pump 'cocker. WGP Trilogy Pro. Survival Game Splatmaster. Sheridan PGP.
PaperBoyWS is offline   Reply With Quote