Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 06:20 PM #1135
FHS JewFro
black AND white

**** you, ymca is 27.50 a month or something like that if you are a student

now its gonna be $50 a month for me

so again, pump, **** you
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2012, 06:22 PM #1136
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Mine is $17/month.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:55 PM #1137
hsilman
Disgustipated

5 minute walk, $150/year

did 30 minutes on the elliptical cause the TEMPERATURE WAS TOO DAMN HIGH outside.

Then went crossfit style. 3 sets of 5 RDL, hang clean, push press, back squat with 95#. Then did some farmer's walks(5 times of probably 60ft or so) with 65# db.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:40 PM #1138
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

has been a member for 10 years
Didn't go to gym today. Last time I take muscle relaxers late at night...carried over into today. Felt weak and fatigued all day.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:40 PM #1139
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
18 a month that includes free tanning, but i never use it. i probably would in the winter though. yes im gay.

soon to be 5 minute walk from the gym paying 0 dollars a month. deal with it
Old 07-24-2012, 08:45 PM #1140
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballh00dlum View Post
18 a month that includes free tanning, but i never use it. i probably would in the winter though. yes im gay.

soon to be 5 minute walk from the gym paying 0 dollars a month. deal with it

My gym just charges an extra $2 a month to add tanning, but I would feel like a douche if I did

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Old 07-24-2012, 10:11 PM #1141
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

you have to learn to not give a **** about what anyone else thinks, except like family and sometimes close friends. im teaching myself to do that
Old 07-24-2012, 10:14 PM #1142
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

Dirtybirdy51 is a Paintball photographer
7min drive and i lift for free. actually, sometimes i get paid to lift at the end of my shift.
Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
AUD- passed, REG- passed, BEC- passed, FAR- scores due 3/10
Old 07-25-2012, 06:21 PM #1143
theDJ
puzzling

db press - 50s x12, 70s x10, 80s x7
front raises - 15s x14, 40bb x12, unilateral & super slow 15x12
upright rows - 60x12, 75x10, 85x8
lateral raises - 15s 2x14, unilateral & super slow 12.5x14
cgbp - 135x12, 185x8, 195x7, 95x14
cable pushdowns and overhead vbar extensions
Old 07-25-2012, 06:36 PM #1144
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

7/25

Depth plyopushups- x10
Bench- 2x10@170
High incline bench- 3x5@135
Dips +25- 12, 8, 4
Band-assisted pullups- 10, 5, 5

Notes: Pausing every rep ****ing sucks. But it should pay huge dividends come meet time. I suck *** at pullups (and my lats ****ing suck in general), so I'm using a light band to help me so I can at least get some reps in. Goal is to be able to do 10 wide grip pullups unassisted by the end of the training cycle.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:54 PM #1145
hsilman
Disgustipated

lats will help your bench, or so they say. I can do 10 pullups no problem and my bench sucks sooooo...

OHP 5/3/1
105x5
115x3
120x2

DB bench 45s 3x10
cable curl 30x10, 35 2x10. Doing these controlled with a slow negative
50 chins(sets all over the place. my bicep tendonitis is flaring up )
Dips 4x7

few minutes on the elliptical
Old 07-25-2012, 07:06 PM #1146
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

My lats are pretty ****, especially for any sort of vertical pull. I'm also fat, which makes me suck at pullups.

Rowing will help you bench more than a vertical pull, but I suck at both, so I'm working on both. Most of my back work will come on deadlift day.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:13 PM #1147
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

lats do help your bench. when i go heavy on flat barbell bench i can feel my lats flexing hard, it feels like i have bat wings.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:56 PM #1148
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

Dirtybirdy51 is a Paintball photographer
funny how on the surface, one wouldnt think that a pushing movement would involve muscles typically utilized in a pulling movement
Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
AUD- passed, REG- passed, BEC- passed, FAR- scores due 3/10
Old 07-25-2012, 09:02 PM #1149
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Dat body stabilization, got to keep your back tight like when doing squats.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:04 PM #1150
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hit a lot of great lifts today. Among them was strict preacher curls @ 115lbs. DC-style, 8 + 4 + 3. I had hit 110lbs for 11 + 5 + 3 last B1 workout, so I put *increase weight* in my log book. Didn't even realize 115 would be two 45 plates on either side of a 25lb preacher bar.

Felt good.
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Old 07-25-2012, 09:14 PM #1151
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Does 115lbs bother your forearms at all? My bones feel like they are going to snap.

You sure the bar is 25lbs, the EZ bar I have at home weighs 18lbs. Not sure if that is standard weight or not though.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:18 PM #1152
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

has been a member for 10 years
Abs/Hips: Felt really good today. Felt strong and stable. Hip thrust is probably a little lighter than it could be...but I feel like it's really helping my back so I don't mind. Hang Cleans are getting tough, steady drop-off every set but overall able to keep form (except rack on last 2). Shrugs are getting heavy, but able to keep form/stable on those.

Squat Jumps: (20lbs) 95 felt too light last time...this is a great starting weight imo.
3-5x3-5x115 (5, 5, 4, 5, 3)

Hip Thrust: (5lbs)
Preactivate: 135-45-55-65-75-185
170x6
170x4
155x6
140x3, 3, 3
Heavy Shrugs: (10lbs)
3xFailure (12-15 generally)
Hang Cleans: (5lbs)
5x5-10x110 (10, 8, 6, 5, 6)
Calves: (5lbs)
3x20x15
Old 07-25-2012, 09:42 PM #1153
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Pulled up to the gym and saw these three black guys fake boxing in the alley. Later they come in and all three of them grab 25s and form a line and start doing walking lunges around the gym, was hilarious watching they're "parade" lunging around the gym in unison. Then one grabs the other by the ankles and does a "wheelbarrow" walk across the gym till they reach a flat bench where they proceed to do pushups while still being held up by their ankles.

They also had some kind of SLDL challenge using the preset curl bars which max at 110lbs. The last guy blatantly throws the BB on the floor and the gym attendant walks over and sayes "You guys are working out too hard"

Old 07-25-2012, 09:56 PM #1154
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
Does 115lbs bother your forearms at all? My bones feel like they are going to snap.

You sure the bar is 25lbs, the EZ bar I have at home weighs 18lbs. Not sure if that is standard weight or not though.
It doesn't bother them, but it does work them quite a bit. Ie, the heavier I go on bis, the harder my forearm sets are after them.

As far as the bar weight goes, I'm pretty sure. I've used the lighter (around 15lb) preacher bars before, and this one is considerably larger and heftier. Will have to take it down to the scale sometime (cardio room w/ scale on first floor, free weights on fourth).

But my gym also has those pre-weighted preacher bars that are used for curls, skullcrushers, upright rows, etc. Mine also go up to 110lb. Last B1 workout when I did 110lbs, I was using that bar, and I'm assuming those ones are the weight they state. So if my preacher bar is only 18, it would seem strange to be lifting 108lb and get significantly less reps (4 less RP reps, 3 of which were in the first set) than last time. Especially since today was a particularly "on" day for me. But like I said, I'll take the bar to the scale downstairs next time.
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Old 07-25-2012, 10:02 PM #1155
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStrike View Post
It doesn't bother them, but it does work them quite a bit. Ie, the heavier I go on bis, the harder my forearm sets are after them.

As far as the bar weight goes, I'm pretty sure. I've used the lighter (around 15lb) preacher bars before, and this one is considerably larger and heftier. Will have to take it down to the scale sometime (cardio room w/ scale on first floor, free weights on fourth).

But my gym also has those pre-weighted preacher bars that are used for curls, skullcrushers, upright rows, etc. Mine also go up to 110lb. Last B1 workout when I did 110lbs, I was using that bar, and I'm assuming those ones are the weight they state. So if my preacher bar is only 18, it would seem strange to be lifting 108lb and get significantly less reps (4 less RP reps, 3 of which were in the first set) than last time. Especially since today was a particularly "on" day for me. But like I said, I'll take the bar to the scale downstairs next time.
Wasn't doubting you, just letting you know they tend to vary. My gym only has one loadable EZ bar, and someone bent the **** out of it.

They also have a neutral or "hammer grip" barbell for curls, but I have never seen any legit BBer every using one.

Closed Thread