Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2012, 08:10 AM #253
godraep
FapAttackV.1
 
godraep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West Virginia
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep is attending Decay of Nations VI
godraep supports DLX Technology
Im thinking my Luxe is gonna be spending a LOT of time in my gearbag from now on.
__________________
Give me a job.
godraep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2012, 08:38 AM #254
specopsdeath2
ヽ༼ຈ
 
specopsdeath2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jersey/CT
Annual Supporting Member
specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is an NCPA player
specopsdeath2 plays in the APPA D3 division
specopsdeath2 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealS7 View Post
see stuff like that is what I'm saying they sound like bob long guns...inconsistent maaaannn


i played with one extensively two weeks ago.

I really hated how the grips felt. i could not get comfy even while playing (i dont wear gloves). I was also very annoyed at the venting air from the backcap. it just really bothered me, even though i was in a game.

The left eye cover popped off twice in the chrono area and the right fell off once while playing. FSDO plagued it all day as well :/

its a nice gun overall. shoots like a luxe (luxe is smoother but vapor is a tad quieter and more efficient) but the build quality did not feel like $1450 in the slightest bit. If it was priced at the Geo 2.1 price then it would make an absolute killing
__________________
Old FB
GUN SALE
Luxe Mob.
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja

Last edited by specopsdeath2 : 06-12-2012 at 03:14 PM.
specopsdeath2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:11 AM #255
Sick420
Hitting the Snake Fast!
 
Sick420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: *714*OC
I got around 7 cases on my Vapor. My eyecovers have never fallen off, the ASA hasn't the issue of it coming apart. Just saying....
Sick420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:21 AM #256
specopsdeath2
ヽ༼ຈ
 
specopsdeath2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jersey/CT
Annual Supporting Member
specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is an NCPA player
specopsdeath2 plays in the APPA D3 division
specopsdeath2 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick420 View Post
I got around 7 cases on my Vapor. My eyecovers have never fallen off, the ASA hasn't the issue of it coming apart. Just saying....
your point being? just because it has not happened to you doesnt mean it is not happening to other people.

everyone remembers the Luxe 1 eye covers coming off for a bunch of people. as far as I know, the two owners before me that owned my AA luxenever had a problem with that, and I have put well over 100 cases through it and have yet to have that problem either. Just because it hasnt happened to me doesnt mean it cant happen. maybe the tolerances are a bit off for the people that it has happened to. I really dont know why some would do it and some would not. it was frustrating for the people who had those luxes, and stopped others from getting them in the first place.

Regardless, i do hope that things are fixed for the people who this is happening for. its never a fun thing to have happen.
__________________
Old FB
GUN SALE
Luxe Mob.
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
specopsdeath2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:04 AM #257
ProMod
Gun Tech
 
ProMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Jersey
Annual Supporting Member
ProMod owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ProMod is an NCPA player
ProMod supports DLX Technology
HOW TO PREVENT VAPOR EYE COVERS FROM FALLING OFF


Click here to see my last post on the issue, it's a simple fix





Oh, and if you don't like the little puff of air hitting your hand, TIGHTEN THE FEATHERTOUCH SCREW.


This isn't rocket science guys, you should really read through this thread. it's full of good material
__________________
2014 Vapor Breakdown Video
ProMod's Marker Repair Thread,
Vapor Breakdown, and Vapor Tuning Guide
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
"...Looks Like A...." earns you an instant NEWBIE tag. Don't be a newbie.
ProMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:16 AM #258
specopsdeath2
ヽ༼ຈ
 
specopsdeath2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jersey/CT
Annual Supporting Member
specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is an NCPA player
specopsdeath2 plays in the APPA D3 division
specopsdeath2 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMod View Post
HOW TO PREVENT VAPOR EYE COVERS FROM FALLING OFF


Click here to see my last post on the issue, it's a simple fix





Oh, and if you don't like the little puff of air hitting your hand, TIGHTEN THE FEATHERTOUCH SCREW.


This isn't rocket science guys, you should really read through this thread. it's full of good material
sorry i rustled your jimmies. i simply gave my thoughts and what happened when i had one to use for an entire day (put about 2 1/2 cases through it). maybe the owner of the marker actually liked the air puff. my preference was different if thats the case. to each their own.

unfortunately that would make me quite annoyed if my $1600 gun had a problem like this and i would have to fix it as you said.

We are not all thick or havent read. personally i have read every post in this thread, including your eye cover fix. it wasnt my marker so i was not going to mess with it
__________________
Old FB
GUN SALE
Luxe Mob.
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
specopsdeath2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:43 AM #259
ZerOxShadows
No Angels
 
ZerOxShadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern California
ZerOxShadows plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick420 View Post
I got around 7 cases on my Vapor. My eyecovers have never fallen off, the ASA hasn't the issue of it coming apart. Just saying....
Jorge, are you gonna be at ASG this Saturday?
ZerOxShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:02 PM #260
Sick420
Hitting the Snake Fast!
 
Sick420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: *714*OC
Quote:
Originally Posted by specopsdeath2 View Post
your point being? just because it has not happened to you doesnt mean it is not happening to other people.

everyone remembers the Luxe 1 eye covers coming off for a bunch of people. as far as I know, the two owners before me that owned my AA luxenever had a problem with that, and I have put well over 100 cases through it and have yet to have that problem either. Just because it hasnt happened to me doesnt mean it cant happen. maybe the tolerances are a bit off for the people that it has happened to. I really dont know why some would do it and some would not. it was frustrating for the people who had those luxes, and stopped others from getting them in the first place.

Regardless, i do hope that things are fixed for the people who this is happening for. its never a fun thing to have happen.
Just saying. After all you just problably have to make sure the eye covers are assembled correctly and that they are latching. When I take my eye covers off and put them back on the latch dosen't always snap in. I have to physically move the latch for it to grab.

Edward Texted you.
Sick420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:10 PM #261
specopsdeath2
ヽ༼ຈ
 
specopsdeath2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jersey/CT
Annual Supporting Member
specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is an NCPA player
specopsdeath2 plays in the APPA D3 division
specopsdeath2 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick420 View Post
Just saying. After all you just problably have to make sure the eye covers are assembled correctly and that they are latching. When I take my eye covers off and put them back on the latch dosen't always snap in. I have to physically move the latch for it to grab.

Edward Texted you.
i hear ya. iv owned quite a few luxes so i know i need to make sure they are on and latched fully and perfectly

these were, unfortunately they did not stay on as well as i hoped :/
__________________
Old FB
GUN SALE
Luxe Mob.
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
specopsdeath2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:36 PM #262
ZerOxShadows
No Angels
 
ZerOxShadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern California
ZerOxShadows plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealS7 View Post
Im not judging it persay based solely on that it just seems that way. Its like seeing everybody buy an Iphone 5 and then suddenly eBay is flooded the next day with LNIB Iphone 5's all over the place.
That makes no sense at all. Your argument is invalid on so many levels.
ZerOxShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:59 PM #263
disturbed989
gun whore addict
 
disturbed989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern California
Annual Supporting Member
disturbed989 supports Team VICIOUS
disturbed989 supports Bob Gurnsey
disturbed989 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
disturbed989 is Boss
disturbed989 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealS7 View Post
see stuff like that is what I'm saying they sound like bob long guns...inconsistent maaaannn
This is just ignorant. I have owned probably around 13 bob long markers and have never had a problem with one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick420 View Post
Just saying. After all you just problably have to make sure the eye covers are assembled correctly and that they are latching. When I take my eye covers off and put them back on the latch dosen't always snap in. I have to physically move the latch for it to grab.

Edward Texted you.
The one I had the left eye cover didn't latch securely. I even pushed the latch like you said and it still would not sit on securely. I could push the corner of it and it would pop off but I could not do the same to the right side. I sold mine because the fit of the grips (gaps between grip and frame where you can see the board), the non secure latching of the left eye cover, and the puff of air (no manual at the time so there was no way I could have known about the screw or what it did).
disturbed989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:05 PM #264
PbN_AutoTrader
Your PERSONAL Proshop
 
PbN_AutoTrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Annual Supporting Member
PbN_AutoTrader is BST Legit
PbN_AutoTrader donated to help Peyton Trent
PbN_AutoTrader supports Bob Gurnsey
PbN_AutoTrader supports our troops
PbN_AutoTrader is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
PbN_AutoTrader is Legendary
PbN_AutoTrader supports DLX Technology
It's a brand new gun.

Every gun ever released had some kind of issues whether very small or some large.


Ego9 rammer oring / barb problems ring a bell anyone?
__________________
_★_The Other Athlete_★_ home of_★_Paintball Trader Worldwide_★_
_Bob Long VIS__Luxe 2.0__VANQUISH__DEFENDER__DAM__DM14_&_MORE
*click here*For Sale or Trade!!*click here*
Contact ME (Michael) Direct ANYtime (24/7)
Call/Text 504-669-2298
michael@theotherathlete.com
www.paintballtraderworldwide.com www.theotherathlete.com
PbN_AutoTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:28 PM #265
Sick420
Hitting the Snake Fast!
 
Sick420's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: *714*OC
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbed989 View Post
The one I had the left eye cover didn't latch securely. I even pushed the latch like you said and it still would not sit on securely. I could push the corner of it and it would pop off but I could not do the same to the right side. I sold mine because the fit of the grips (gaps between grip and frame where you can see the board), the non secure latching of the left eye cover, and the puff of air (no manual at the time so there was no way I could have known about the screw or what it did).
It was a huge investment for me but I wouldn't have given up that easy. Its a Brand New Marker. You should have contacted Customer Service they would have gotten you all fixed up. You didn't even really give it a chance.
Puffing of the air is no big deal. Other Guns blow air from the Back Cap too.
Sick420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:37 PM #266
Physcojosh
FEP Hawaii TECH
 
Physcojosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kauai,Hawaii
Cocker days must have been Rough on allot people .. Had a lot more issues then, and more then just a puff of air comming back at you lol
__________________
HORIZON - killing it since day "2"
~Ps3tag~ Fizzco ~Ps3tag~Marvel Vs Capcom3 Ftw!
There's a price you'll pay for trying hard to become whatever they are and saying whatever they say.
Zr1 Renegade OLED boards
Gear Sale and Pressure Testers
Physcojosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:39 PM #267
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome
 
Paint_hore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
What I love the most is when someone is selling a Vapor they are "best gun ever" then after they sell it, all the bashing begins.

Making a mental note next time I see that person put up a thread and talk about how awesome the marker is...

Ive been lucky though, no issues so far. I do hate the grips though....why so damn thick?
__________________


Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:49 PM #268
Pr1m0
Givin' um the Switch
 
Pr1m0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: TN
Annual Supporting Member
Pr1m0 plays in the PSP
Pr1m0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Pr1m0 supports DLX Technology
Mine is for sale. and it will continue to be until i get a good enough offer for me to consider dropping it. Gun whores understand.

Only issue I've had since the falling out asa pin was the double shot breaks. but auto tune and its good to go now
__________________
RuthlessPB.com
DLX.

Has Anyone Seen My Nods?
Probably the only Active SF guy still competing in Paintball -__-
Pr1m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:09 PM #269
disturbed989
gun whore addict
 
disturbed989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern California
Annual Supporting Member
disturbed989 supports Team VICIOUS
disturbed989 supports Bob Gurnsey
disturbed989 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
disturbed989 is Boss
disturbed989 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick420 View Post
It was a huge investment for me but I wouldn't have given up that easy. Its a Brand New Marker. You should have contacted Customer Service they would have gotten you all fixed up. You didn't even really give it a chance.
Puffing of the air is no big deal. Other Guns blow air from the Back Cap too.

Because for that much money the gun shouldn't be like that out of the box. I also have a clone gt which I prefer the shot and feel of to the vapor so I sold the vapor.
disturbed989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:14 PM #270
godraep
FapAttackV.1
 
godraep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West Virginia
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep is attending Decay of Nations VI
godraep supports DLX Technology
Didnt the GTs have out of box issues as well?
__________________
Give me a job.
godraep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:16 PM #271
PbN_AutoTrader
Your PERSONAL Proshop
 
PbN_AutoTrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Annual Supporting Member
PbN_AutoTrader is BST Legit
PbN_AutoTrader donated to help Peyton Trent
PbN_AutoTrader supports Bob Gurnsey
PbN_AutoTrader supports our troops
PbN_AutoTrader is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
PbN_AutoTrader is Legendary
PbN_AutoTrader supports DLX Technology
Everyone is entitled to their opinion!
Opinions from people that have actually held/shot/owned the gun are encouraged.
As always every gun isn't for everyone. The air puffing is adjustable however I don't find it an issue. Many other guns vent air as well.

As far as eye covers I haven't had an issue with them falling off at play. So long as you make sure the front tab is properly inserted and the lock fully engaged over should be good.

If happen to have an issue contact

Tech@machinepaintball.com

They will respond
__________________
_★_The Other Athlete_★_ home of_★_Paintball Trader Worldwide_★_
_Bob Long VIS__Luxe 2.0__VANQUISH__DEFENDER__DAM__DM14_&_MORE
*click here*For Sale or Trade!!*click here*
Contact ME (Michael) Direct ANYtime (24/7)
Call/Text 504-669-2298
michael@theotherathlete.com
www.paintballtraderworldwide.com www.theotherathlete.com
PbN_AutoTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:23 PM #272
RyanR
accuracy by volume
 
RyanR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 416
 has been a member for 10 years
RyanR is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Physcojosh View Post
Cocker days must have been Rough on allot people .. Had a lot more issues then, and more then just a puff of air comming back at you lol
The people who are complaining about this were no where near paintball in those days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbed989 View Post
This is just ignorant. I have owned probably around 13 bob long markers and have never had a problem with one of them.
Looks... yep, he's got an ego badge... and avy.
__________________
"I never thought we'd have to check the guns for steroids" - Todd Martinez

IOG

Last edited by RyanR : 06-12-2012 at 04:25 PM.
RyanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:35 PM #273
Physcojosh
FEP Hawaii TECH
 
Physcojosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kauai,Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR

The people who are complaining about this were no where near paintball in those days.
LoL your probably right ..

I'm still allot more intimated by an older player walking onto the field with a Old cocker then a kid with a shiny Electro..
__________________
HORIZON - killing it since day "2"
~Ps3tag~ Fizzco ~Ps3tag~Marvel Vs Capcom3 Ftw!
There's a price you'll pay for trying hard to become whatever they are and saying whatever they say.
Zr1 Renegade OLED boards
Gear Sale and Pressure Testers
Physcojosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump