Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-17-2013, 12:27 PM #1
TS4life

Zodiac Zr1 not firing. Help please :(

Have a Zodiac that I last used about a month ago, when my eyes weren't working but it shot perfectly fine with the eyes off. I have since fixed the eyes and all of the sudden the gun will not fire, with or without them on.

Gun airs up, no leaks, but won't cycle when trying to fire. Solenoid clicks as well.

Things I've tried:
- Fresh battery.
- Relube bolt system.

Any help greatly appreciated. I want to shoot it T-T
TS4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2013, 12:53 PM #2
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
check settings on the board. the Hater board can do crazy things, and the dwell might have reset its self. also make sure that the trigger has full movement.
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:56 PM #3
TS4life

Settings are all fine. Just cleaned out HPR and LPR, relubed, and still nothing... I set the HPR to 215-220, and then started turning up the LPR. At a certain point I can hear a little puff but no cycling, and there is a small leak after turning the LPR past that point.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:58 AM #4
TS4life

I just can't figure out what the issue would be, since the only thing I did between it firing and not firing was fix the eyes.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:50 PM #5
Nobody609

hmmmm, do you have the old eyes? if you plug the old ones in and it works, then the problem lies in the new eyes. if they don't work, then the problem is in something else. this might need to be sent to Zodiak.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:00 PM #6
Ringwraith

assuming its not the eyes....how much lube did you use? If the noid is clicking and your gettin "puffing" but no bolt movement its possible you either have too little lube, waaaay too much, OR possibly a worn out sail o-ring on the bolt thats not sealing.

Another thing to look at is that I assume when you put in new eyes you disassembled the marker, so there may be somehwere you impeded the airflow. IIRC there is a gasket/oring in the frame/body due to the hoseless design. You may want to take apart again and make that any gaskets/seals are seated/lubed. Its been a while since i broke down my Zr-1, so I am not positive, and candidly just to lazy to take apart to be sure.....LOL
Black FEP Quest - with all ups! Red/Black DP Threshold, Black & Red DP threshold both L7 bolts one with APE and one 7th element boards, Original Diablo Matrix - yes pre-DM3 and black,Pump, Black acid Phantom VSC,Slate Phantom VSC, CCM S6 1 of 4 Camo. red Black fade Freelow Lotus pump, Camo SM-1 Pump, Red/Black AIM Cocker, Grey Fade Dye Ultralight Cocker, Grey CMM J2 Cocker, Black Chrome Spanky Cobra Cocker, Red/Black DP F-7, Red/Back ANS GX-5 pump and matching mechanical cockers, Ego 9 1/12 limited edition Tribal Flame, Automag RT w. Z grip and now Red/Grey/Black Zodiac Zr-1
Ringwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:18 AM #7
TS4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwraith View Post
assuming its not the eyes....how much lube did you use? If the noid is clicking and your gettin "puffing" but no bolt movement its possible you either have too little lube, waaaay too much, OR possibly a worn out sail o-ring on the bolt thats not sealing.

Another thing to look at is that I assume when you put in new eyes you disassembled the marker, so there may be somehwere you impeded the airflow. IIRC there is a gasket/oring in the frame/body due to the hoseless design. You may want to take apart again and make that any gaskets/seals are seated/lubed. Its been a while since i broke down my Zr-1, so I am not positive, and candidly just to lazy to take apart to be sure.....LOL
I didn't get new eyes, just ended up being a pinched wire with the ones I have (I was having issues getting the covers off). I am using the same amount of monkey poo lube I have been using =/
I'll check the o-rings when I get he chance but no clue what else it would be...
Old 11-19-2013, 01:00 PM #8
Cole69

Cole69 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reset

Hey make sure you have new battery,reset lpr pressure,reset the board to factory....
Cole69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:00 PM #9
TS4life

FIXED!
Went out and bought a FRESH pack of 9V's since I couldn't see anything else wrong and tah-dah, it wrks perfectly...
Thanks for responses guys
Old 11-22-2013, 06:01 PM #10
Nobody609

the guns NEED fresh batteries. don't know if its the noid and its draw or the board requires it to work properly, but the gun NEEDS fresh batteries. glad that was the only problem with it.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:39 PM #11
jmillen

jmillen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jmillen owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody609 View Post
the guns NEED fresh batteries. don't know if its the noid and its draw or the board requires it to work properly, but the gun NEEDS fresh batteries. glad that was the only problem with it.

Agreed...I always put a new battery in before I use it.

O.C. Heroics
jmillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:12 PM #12
AlamoViking
mini w/redline > AXE

AlamoViking owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
AlamoViking is for the Gunfight
AlamoViking has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
probs battery
...........R..... ###'{\'`|''[]
...........M.....#//#"'''\,_/ []
...........Y....##,#" . ....[]