Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-12-2012, 03:20 AM #64
The_Creech_fr

I'm surprised that Virtue use this kind of poor quality battery connector...
i've got same connector on an T98 board and it felt down at the first battery replacement...
i think that with the high price they will sent this board they could used better connector.
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2012, 04:26 AM #65
boskoHPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Creech_fr View Post
I'm surprised that Virtue use this kind of poor quality battery connector...
i've got same connector on an T98 board and it felt down at the first battery replacement...
i think that with the high price they will sent this board they could used better connector.
I had no problems with Virtue connectors so far
Old 12-12-2012, 10:15 AM #66
hzuiel

I'd just like to note that some items ARE upgrades. Some things may be more durable, like the pops asa. Something that decreases weight is an upgrade, not just cosmetic. Boards are upgrades because they usually allow for finer adjustments to the gun's operation. Something like grips can be an upgrade if they make the gun more comfortable for you, or otherwise improve the ergonomics of the gun. An asa, or feedneck can also be considered an upgrade if it makes it easier for you to operate. Something that's not an upgrade at all would be like decorative eye covers.
hzuiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:22 PM #67
joeimpulse
EKK ELITE SOLDIER

joeimpulse is playing at Living Legends III
joeimpulse owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
joeimpulse supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hzuiel View Post
I'd just like to note that some items ARE upgrades. Some things may be more durable, like the pops asa. Something that decreases weight is an upgrade, not just cosmetic. Boards are upgrades because they usually allow for finer adjustments to the gun's operation. Something like grips can be an upgrade if they make the gun more comfortable for you, or otherwise improve the ergonomics of the gun. An asa, or feedneck can also be considered an upgrade if it makes it easier for you to operate. Something that's not an upgrade at all would be like decorative eye covers.
Putting a POPs asa on the bottom of that cheap *** grip frame seems pointless. By the time you upgrade the ASA, Board, and barrel you couldve just bought an Ego or Geo for the same price.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:46 PM #68
seaneady
Hit The Deadbox Fool

seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seaneady plays in the APPA D4 division
seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
The new Virtue OLED board is really nice. Just put one in my sons marker and think it was worth every penny.

Florida Shakedown
seaneady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:53 AM #69
Goshawk
Deep South Baller

Annual Supporting Member
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeimpulse View Post
Putting a POPs asa on the bottom of that cheap *** grip frame seems pointless. By the time you upgrade the ASA, Board, and barrel you couldve just bought an Ego or Geo for the same price.
The Etha is nice if you are on a budget. You buy the gun and then as you can afford it, you buy upgrades. I have been using my Etha for over a year now and I can tell you, even though the frame is not metal, it is actually quite nice. I find it funny that in the paintball world everyone is so against using composite materials (yes, glass reinforced nylon is a composite material) on their markers. It has to be metal. In the aviation world it is the opposite, designers are going away from metal for more composite materials (and yes, glass reinforced nylon is used on aircraft). All that to say, the frame on the Etha is far from cheap or cheap feeling. Putting a POPS on an Etha is a perfectly reasonable upgrade.
Goshawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:33 PM #70
seaneady
Hit The Deadbox Fool

seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seaneady plays in the APPA D4 division
seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshawk View Post
The Etha is nice if you are on a budget. You buy the gun and then as you can afford it, you buy upgrades. I have been using my Etha for over a year now and I can tell you, even though the frame is not metal, it is actually quite nice. I find it funny that in the paintball world everyone is so against using composite materials (yes, glass reinforced nylon is a composite material) on their markers. It has to be metal. In the aviation world it is the opposite, designers are going away from metal for more composite materials (and yes, glass reinforced nylon is used on aircraft). All that to say, the frame on the Etha is far from cheap or cheap feeling. Putting a POPS on an Etha is a perfectly reasonable upgrade.
Not just aircraft. Glock, HK , Smith & Wesson , Springfield Armory, FN Herstal are just a few of the high end firearms company's who have "cheap ***" grip frames on their guns. I don't do aircraft but am very heavy into firearms and shooting sports.

Florida Shakedown
seaneady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:26 AM #71
Goshawk
Deep South Baller

Annual Supporting Member
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaneady View Post
Not just aircraft. Glock, HK , Smith & Wesson , Springfield Armory, FN Herstal are just a few of the high end firearms company's who have "cheap ***" grip frames on their guns. I don't do aircraft but am very heavy into firearms and shooting sports.
You're totally right!
Goshawk is offline   Reply With Quote