PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-01-2012, 11:11 PM #1
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Need help trouble shooting/repairing T8

Hello fellow tiberius users i have run into a bit of a problem with a T8. I am not a die hard follower of Tiberius since i am new to pistols all though a T8 was the first gun i ever shot. I do know tiberius makes the top of the line best there is pistols for sure. Recently i ran into a problem with my t8. In a big game i was at last fall i was playing my first game with the pistol even though i had owned it so long and me and my squad of 8 people were the last of our team and i got shot so before i headed out i handed my friend my t8 and let him use it in a desperate last stand out numbered and out gunned. After about 10-15 minutes my friend came back covered yellow in paint (what even with a great pistol i couldnt have expected im to make out a winner that time) he handed me my gun. It seemed in great condition the same way i handed it to him and i ejected my 1 cartridge and replaced the Dead CO2 (which is why i suspected it not properly ejecting) and loaded it with 6 paintballs (so not to stress the old spring/cartridge to much) and i continued to my next game. As i ran out of paint and my hopper ran empty i dropped my gun (its a tippman it can probably get thrown off a cliff and still work) and whipped out my pistol for use to conserve my paint and C02 (20 oz empty) and i proceded to get in a close quarters situation and as i jumped out from behind i pulled the trigger at a opponent in my sight and my gun went wild. The cartridge dispensed all of the paint just fine but the gun just unloaded all 6 shots in one pull of the trigger and it unloaded the whole 12 gram. I got out obviously due to all of the noise i made and i proceded to try it out again aat the chrono and the same thing happend. Any help? I tried cleaning it and in the procedure i messed up since im used to AGD guns and i lost some pieces and screws. Also how much does it cost to send in the gun to be serviced? and if i do send it in should i send in the cartridge with the gun? Im a begginer and in other words a noob when it comes to tiberius arms and it was my first gun and i only shot it. It was a hand me down a long time ago and i never took care of it well and that has come back to haunt me. I love this pistol and i need some help and suggestions.
Freedy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2012, 11:33 PM #2
Schuttsr1

From what it sounds like you have a or sticky seer. Since the gun is out of warrenty its may end up costing you a chunk of change. If you do send it to tiberius for repair you will not need to send a 12 gram.
I do not know where you are located but if you are near the upper mid west Id be glad to take a look at it for you. I have amassed a good sized cashe tiberius parts.
Schuttsr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:45 PM #3
Freedy500

I am in ohio. Could you give me a precise amount for how much it should cost.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:58 AM #4
Schuttsr1

Dont quote me on this but last I read I think it starts at 20 plus shipping both ways. You would have to call tiberius on monday to get an precise amount.

Last edited by Schuttsr1 : 06-03-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:36 AM #5
Freedy500

ok thanks. I feel like such a newbie at paintball. I was just about to finish fixing the whole thing up until i couldnt properly place the trigger back in and i just gave up and let it sit. Thanks to my stupidity i have lost parts.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:32 PM #6
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
Thanks to my stupidity i have lost parts.
We have all been there.. as you are taking things apart you plan to leave sit for even a few hours your best friends will be a sharpie and ziplock sandwich bags.. you can put parts in and label the bags accordingly .. I do that with my marker parts and car parts

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Tiberius T9 Package
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4388362
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:27 PM #7
Freedy500

Especially with pistol parts. I am used to a large open air valve from my Automag. Hard to lose those parts for some reason.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:12 PM #8
Suppoko

Suppoko owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Suppoko has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
how is the condition of the trigger spring? I had this issue with a t8 and the spring wasnt pushing the trigger back far enough anymore

07PMR
Suppoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:45 PM #9
Schuttsr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suppoko View Post
how is the condition of the trigger spring? I had this issue with a t8 and the spring wasnt pushing the trigger back far enough anymore
That normally results in the gun not firing. Some of the older Tac 8's didnt come with a trigger return spring.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:45 PM #10
Freedy500

No as I said I the reason why I dont know why I fixed it or not is because I couldn't put the trigger back in. But I do remember that (i think) when I refilled the clip all the way after the game I remember I tried pulling the trigger but it was a lot harder than what it should have been and it seemed to be very hard to pull compared to the others. So know besides that one time I have had no trouble.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:47 PM #11
Suppoko

Suppoko owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Suppoko has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuttsr1 View Post
That normally results in the gun not firing. Some of the older Tac 8's didnt come with a trigger return spring.
Ok wellon mne it caused the clip to empty all at once

07PMR
Suppoko is offline   Reply With Quote