Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2012, 12:49 PM #1
Slosh
Sin City Paintball
 
Slosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Las Vegas, NV *702*
 has been a member for 10 years
Idea for Vegas

So i have been thinking about a new idea, I have been around the paintball scene awhile. the old pball players know me but not the knew ones. Turned in my pball markers for real guns.

But anyway on to my idea. Seems like we have 5 fields and 1 in Pahrump. Seems like none of the fields get along or anything. To me we have an opportunity to do something good. Start like a Southern Nevada Paintball Alliance. All the fields come together and work together. Start a Southern Nevada tourney series. 1 tourney at each field over a 1 year period. Also make these affordable. It will cut down on travel costs some teams have, also for those teams that cant travel there will be a home series for them. Not everyone can make a PSP or NPPL. Each field individually we are not strong but together we can make southern nevada pball really good. I am willing to put forth the effort to talk to every field owners and do the leg work but we need to field owners will to listen to new ideas.

I have done the PSP thing and traveled all over and its expensive for 3 years. I follow both PSP and NPPL and dont see a team in Vegas that goes to each event every year. Most go to the close ones but do not make every tourney. I might have missed some but im pretty sure we dont have a team that goes to every PSP or NPPL event.


Well what do you guys think.
Slosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2012, 06:38 PM #2
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"
 
turnburglar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: bat country
turnburglar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Field owners are business owners first. Of course they don't want to share profits. If you cant start your presentation to a business owner with the words "my idea will increase profits by X amount " your probably gonna get a no.

Most players are fairly loyal to one field because that field address the qualities they want as a customer. The flip side to that is they lack desire to play else where.

You don't see a big time vegas team because vegas lacks number of consistent players.
__________________
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." -Hunter S. Thompson
turnburglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:52 PM #3
TheHef
 
 
TheHef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Slosh are you Jose?
__________________
Vanquish 1.5 and DM7

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post80475666
TheHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:06 PM #4
shredxcam
 
 
shredxcam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Las vegas
Vegas doesn't have enough players to host any kind of league

There's 3-4 fields competing for a relatively small player base and attracting teams from Cali is hard to do
__________________
Ahhhhhhhhhh cats everywhere
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:01 AM #5
Armyofzion808
HILife
 
Armyofzion808's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Armyofzion808 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
We did this back home in Hawaii called the Oahu Open/Hawaiian Open....we had help with Tony Perez from aftershock and gay *** sonny Lopez...it worked but not the way everyone was hoping for...either way every field is divided regardless of what the players want....Like what turn said business first
__________________
"You grab your gun, strap on the gloves, and fit your mask. It doesn't matter that you failed a test, lost a friend, had your heart broken or your dog passed away last night. When you step on the field the world is yours for the next three minutes." -Kaneakua
Armyofzion808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:26 PM #6
Slosh
Sin City Paintball
 
Slosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Las Vegas, NV *702*
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHef View Post
Slosh are you Jose?
Yes I am
Slosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:03 PM #7
Slosh
Sin City Paintball
 
Slosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Las Vegas, NV *702*
 has been a member for 10 years
It can work and you wouldnt take money out of owners pockets. Cause lets say team a only plays at 1 field. Well with this they would experiance the other fields in Vegas and that owner would see money coming in he normally wouldnt. So on that event he just did he sees 5 different teams that normally wouldnt play there. Well thats a good profit right there that helps the monthly budget.

I see your point on the owners wanting to know what there profit will be. I know we dont have the consistant players hence the reason to have a local series. Most are strapped for cash and paintball is second. So the series locally will just get players playing agaisnt other organized teams and have a little Las Vegas bragging rights. Since most cant do the big series tourneys.

Well just a thought bad or good just wanted to throw it out there. My son is getting old enuff to start playing so might have to get back into paintball again. Will be hitting the fields soon to let him watch.
Slosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:53 PM #8
TheHef
 
 
TheHef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Jose I like the idea, it would be fun to see some more competition at the local level and more local teams.
__________________
Vanquish 1.5 and DM7

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post80475666
TheHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:20 AM #9
shredxcam
 
 
shredxcam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Las vegas
There's just not enough players

There's what 3 teams from Vegas that play consistantly?
__________________
Ahhhhhhhhhh cats everywhere
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:57 PM #10
dirtaddiction
 
 
dirtaddiction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas
dirtaddiction owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dirtaddiction is for the Gunfight
dirtaddiction has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dirtaddiction supports DLX Technology
sounds like a great idea would love to do some thing like that




MALICIOUS4LIFE
__________________
looking for pink or green proflex bottoms
dirtaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:04 PM #11
shredxcam
 
 
shredxcam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Las vegas
Find players first.
I just don't think Vegas has the player base to support more than a couple 5 man teams or a half dozen 3 man

Plus u make it d3-d4 and u scare away new players
U make it rookie and sand baggers come

Vxp had pretty good success with there 3 mans this summer

Also if u did multiple fields getting teams to play at not their home field becomes and issue.
__________________
Ahhhhhhhhhh cats everywhere
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:31 PM #12
Steinman0406
 
 
Steinman0406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Las Vegas,NV
Steinman0406 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Steinman0406 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Steinman0406 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
What about if you were to break it down by age? Like a high school and under bracket and then everyone else. It would eliminate the fear of.kids knowing they are playing a legit team And would make it that the older division is playing in a competitive bracket. I mean majority of people playing are either high/middle school kids or young adults who play for a team. Would mainly eliminate the issue of sandbagging as well.
Steinman0406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:33 PM #13
shredxcam
 
 
shredxcam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Las vegas
But is there enough players to support under x age and over?
__________________
Ahhhhhhhhhh cats everywhere
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:53 PM #14
Steinman0406
 
 
Steinman0406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Las Vegas,NV
Steinman0406 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Steinman0406 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Steinman0406 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I would believe so. I think there is a big enough pool of players here in vegas for local tourneys like this. I know for a fact though that a ton of younger kids are scared to play because of teams like malicious,heat,sucker punch, and the house teams. They see these guys play and they are scared of them cuz they are good. They think how can they compete with that? That's why I think if they played in a tourney where its limited to kids their age they won't be as scared to compete.
Steinman0406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:12 AM #15
prpntblr95
Haters gonna Hate
 
prpntblr95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: 702
prpntblr95 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
prpntblr95 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
prpntblr95 supports Team VICIOUS
prpntblr95 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
prpntblr95 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredxcam View Post
Vegas doesn't have enough players to host any kind of league
Ehh yes/ no

Reason there aren't a lot anymore is because of how expensive field owners charge, one reason I quit was because one specific field didn't offer Military discount and I wasn't going to pay full price. Therefore they lost my business

Also my loyalty, word of mouth throughout my platoon and who ever they told. Word gets out, have random discounts. Keep field fee's low so people keep coming out.
__________________
prpntblr95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:13 AM #16
shredxcam
 
 
shredxcam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Las vegas
The fields charge what they charge. Can't change that

Im use to a 15$ entry getting u 10 different fields with 2 castles to play on

Not 1 airball and one recball field
__________________
Ahhhhhhhhhh cats everywhere
shredxcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:19 AM #17
prpntblr95
Haters gonna Hate
 
prpntblr95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: 702
prpntblr95 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
prpntblr95 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
prpntblr95 supports Team VICIOUS
prpntblr95 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
prpntblr95 is Legendary
I play nothing but air ball so that field just lost my attention.
__________________
prpntblr95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:10 PM #18
XSVtweek
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
XSVtweek owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by prpntblr95 View Post
Ehh yes/ no

Reason there aren't a lot anymore is because of how expensive field owners charge, one reason I quit was because one specific field didn't offer Military discount and I wasn't going to pay full price. Therefore they lost my business

Also my loyalty, word of mouth throughout my platoon and who ever they told. Word gets out, have random discounts. Keep field fee's low so people keep coming out.
So you quit because a feild didnt give you a military discount? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Are you expecting a handout or something? Paintball is expensive everyone knows it and its not going to change. The overhead cost to run a field is huge and with the economy the way it is and the lack of popularity that paintball has it isnt easy for a field to survive. In my opinion the prices are very reasonable here in Vegas compared to some places such as Paintball Explosion in Chicago that charges $85 for a case plus entry.
__________________
DM12 GEO 2.1 F/S/T
XSVtweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:27 PM #19
prpntblr95
Haters gonna Hate
 
prpntblr95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: 702
prpntblr95 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
prpntblr95 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
prpntblr95 supports Team VICIOUS
prpntblr95 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
prpntblr95 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSVtweek View Post
So you quit because a feild didnt give you a military discount? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Are you expecting a handout or something? Paintball is expensive everyone knows it and its not going to change. The overhead cost to run a field is huge and with the economy the way it is and the lack of popularity that paintball has it isnt easy for a field to survive. In my opinion the prices are very reasonable here in Vegas compared to some places such as Paintball Explosion in Chicago that charges $85 for a case plus entry.
Actually no, I quit due to not playing the sport because it was too expensive as a whole, sold my **** and picked up my 4th camera body.
__________________
prpntblr95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:43 PM #20
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"
 
turnburglar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: bat country
turnburglar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSVtweek View Post
So you quit because a feild didnt give you a military discount? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Are you expecting a handout or something? Paintball is expensive everyone knows it and its not going to change. The overhead cost to run a field is huge and with the economy the way it is and the lack of popularity that paintball has it isnt easy for a field to survive. In my opinion the prices are very reasonable here in Vegas compared to some places such as Paintball Explosion in Chicago that charges $85 for a case plus entry.
This.

If your a consistent player you'll find a way to get hooked up.

Vxp charges $55 for a monthly membership. That's 13.75/day at 4 times a month. Go more than that? It only goes down. Their gi 1 star is 45/case. Sure you could find that same paint a few bucks cheaper in other places, but is a few bucks worth losing 2 REGULATION sized, fully turfed and manicured PSP and NPPL fields? If it is your not a "real " baller, and therefore don't bring in enough business anyways. Even back when I played in Cali : show up consistently, be cool, and you'll get hook ups.
__________________
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." -Hunter S. Thompson
turnburglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:56 PM #21
702fatboy
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
chris is a great person,believe me....I play a lot and he give me a real deal lol no bad when you shot 2 case a week ...
702fatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump