Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-31-2012, 08:44 PM #1
jcpartridge

proto slg upgrades?

I have a Proto SLG, not sure what year it is maybe a 2009 or 2010 im just now starting to get back into paintball and would like to upgrade it a bit.

Are there any must have upgrades for this gun? i cant seam to find any grips or any good advice on barrels (everyone tells me the stock barrel is the best for the gun)

Also what is a good brand of clamping feed-neck looked up some of them but not sure which ones to look for as far as durability.
jcpartridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2012, 02:24 AM #2
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

If you aren't sure of the year SLG that you currently have, please post a picture so that we can help determine that for you

Nevertheless, the upgrades for the SLG include:

-Grips (Ultralite frame only; I am not aware for any grips for the other SLG frames)
-Triggers (Includes many brands; triggers for SLG are interchangeable excluding UL version)
-Feednecks (DM/PM interchangeable)
-Barrels (Autococker Threaded)
-Board (Few brands; board for SLG should be interchangeable excluding UL version
-Inline Regulator/HPR (Dye proprietary threading; Hyper3 interchangeable -- VA converter available for use of regular HPR threads)
-ASA Assembly (MANY brands; self-explanatory)
-Detents (Kila Magnetic)
-Eyes (Virtue)
-Back Cap (New-Designz)

As far as "must-have" upgrades..other than an aluminum clamping feedneck, an on/off ASA, and maybe a new trigger (if you have a plastic one), then you are pretty much set. You simply are not going to get the bang for your buck when upgrading an SLG because most of its upgrades are not going to make a difference in performance, unless of course we are talking about a new bolt or something along those lines. The stock barrel is fine, because "over-boring" seems to be the trend these days, meaning that your barrel bore size is a couple of sizes larger than the paintball. The stock barrel on the SLG is a .690-691 size, so that pretty much accommodates the broad majority if not all of the paintball sizes that are manufactured today. Furthermore, the stock barrel is the same barrel that Proto had offered a few years back as an upgrade for other marker platforms, so you essentially have an upgraded barrel right now, but as stock. The only upgrades that I would look into would be to modify your existing parts (i.e., polish your internals, change the Orings to looser fit HNBR-70's, spring mod, etc). Now regarding the feedneck, they are going to be pretty much the same, but I would play it safe and go with Dye/Proto. Probably the reason why you aren't finding that many SLG feednecks is because the feednecks aren't marketed toward the SLG's. Here's why -- the SLG is compatible with DM/PM feednecks!

*please feel free to correct me on anything that I have stated should it be incorrect, thanks!*

-Jarred
While the majority of people not need firearms, consider that this tool is now widely distributed to most of all peoples, including bad people. Such people who will do harm with one of these tools in time. So we ought to have to ability to defend ourselves against said threats with equal or greater fire power. Unfortunately, tis only law-abiding citizens are primarily being targeted by Government. Further, crime is caused by unlawful peoples of society, so how are Government orders going to now effect the criminals if the orders hadn't affected them initially? There is a hidden agenda here. Think about it

Last edited by tgs-killer : 06-01-2012 at 02:26 AM.
tgs-killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:35 PM #3
GASSPRINT1

SLG aftermarket bolt

i have what i beleive is an 09 slg. got it new in box an shot 2 hopper fulls. very nice feeling gun and also very nice long range for it . i have read about the 09 "UL" gls guns.my manual says 09 in it for a printing date but my buttons are on the back of the grip an i seen the "UL" guns had them on the side of the grips. looking at the gun with grips off it looks to made of the same material as the "UL" gun. very confusing to me. i find no upgrades what so ever. i had a dry front bolt oring and the front bolt an connector ring are scored. i'm looking for maybe a delrin 4 oring bolt which is supposed to seal better an use less air. is there any or the other bolts that are interchangable with the SLG. any help would be greatly appreciated. links to upgrades also. i have searched and found nothing anywhere.
GASSPRINT1 is offline   Reply With Quote