Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 12:56 AM #1051
incobWTF
Skywalkin' like Anakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyCount81 View Post
Lol. Who needs a gun? What kind of question is that?
umm a lot better one than "who needs quality clothes"?

800 dollars on a jacket isn't all that much when you're talking expensive materials and quality construction.
your 50 dollar jackets are made out of plastic polymers with a **** cut sewn together in a sweatshop assembly line
nicer jackets are made out of properly sourced fine fabics using better designs/fit sewn together in a slightly classier sweatshop assembly line, i think they get monocles or something.
800 dollars goes to marketing, fabric sourcing, transportation, paying decent wages to workers, the design process, etc. then markup at the retail level to cover the retailers costs as well(which you can bypass altogether).

EDIT: I have never spent 800 bucks on any article of clothing, but own a few pieces that approach that at retail value (which i got at a steep >50% discount) as well as my two TOJ jackets which were basically 50% off what they would retail for
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2012, 02:10 AM #1052
incobWTF
Skywalkin' like Anakin

finished a lab report on electron resonance spectroscopy i spent all day working on and now i can't fall asleep and i have a lab tomorrow am :'(
Old 11-08-2012, 02:39 AM #1053
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkrats View Post
I was talking to body count.

Technically they're driving gloves so they'll be good for cruising in the Lincoln, but just to look like a boss and keep my hands warm mainly. Hit men always look like badasses too so if I look like I kill people that's a good thing.

Oh yeah and here is the opposite of the assless chaps, dominatrix gloves.

Here is the gloves of a true fast rope, and rappelling killer. Both gloves are fire resistant.

When I used to drive with the top off my jeep wrangler all year round, I needed gloves to drive in the winter. This was Florida. I definitely needed gloves to drive in the more northern places I lived.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 11-08-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:16 AM #1054
dub CRISP
tra la la la la la

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkrats View Post
Ordered these last night.

watch out with those, you have to be careful that you don't leave your knuckleprints in peoples faces when you beat their ***.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlsweatshirt View Post
Why do you need gloves to drive? Thats not even like personally directed towards you, i've just never really understood that. Unless you were a chauffeur or limo driver.
steering wheels get cold as **** in the winter and are extremely uncomfortable to drive with unless you have gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subterfuge View Post

When I used to drive with the top off my jeep wrangler all year round, I needed gloves to drive in the winter. This was Florida. I definitely needed gloves to drive in the more northern places I lived.

weanegro: its like a really tiny person eating a regular size gummy worm

HOW.THE.WORLS.SHOULD.WORK
"Originally posted by komodo-117: our beloved pharmacudical companies"
Old 11-08-2012, 08:33 AM #1055
Karnivor'sFan

Karnivor'sFan is playing at Living Legends III
Karnivor'sFan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Karnivor'sFan supports Team VICIOUS
Strange were did you find those Taralis ? and please tell me they are 41....
Edit NVM **** been looking for those forever....

That is the key to life."

Last edited by Karnivor'sFan : 11-08-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 AM #1056
dabears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub CRISP View Post
steering wheels get cold as **** in the winter and are extremely uncomfortable to drive with unless you have gloves

dude i have drove in northern michigan in winter do not even say that you its uncomfortable without gloves.
its not that bad.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:47 AM #1057
edudcixlsyd
ya boi

lol
Old 11-08-2012, 09:06 AM #1058
earlsweatshirt (Banned)
Lets get weird

lol yeah right, I live in chicago I understand that cold steering wheels suck but I just kinda, you know....suck it up.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:22 AM #1059
dub CRISP
tra la la la la la

or you could put on gloves so you don't have to

weanegro: its like a really tiny person eating a regular size gummy worm

HOW.THE.WORLS.SHOULD.WORK
"Originally posted by komodo-117: our beloved pharmacudical companies"
Old 11-08-2012, 09:37 AM #1060
earlsweatshirt (Banned)
Lets get weird

I'd just feel weird driving with gloves on, but I mean i can't knock it until I try it. I'll let you know how it goes on first snowfall
Old 11-08-2012, 09:56 AM #1061
Strange1130
FTW

Strange1130 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyCount81 View Post
Lol. Who needs a gun? What kind of question is that?

No, the jackets I wear are nice. They're functional, look nice, and very durable. All for the affordable price of sub 100 dollars. Usually around 50.

Sorry that I know how to manage my money and realize the difference between a stupid purchase and a smart/reasonable purchase.

I just want to know why anyone would spend 800 on a jacket.
And I want to know why anyone would spend 800 on a hunk of metal designed to fire a projectile at ridiculously high speeds. What do you need that for? Sorry that I know how to manage my money and realize the difference between a stupid purchase and a smart/reasonable purchase, though, bro.

I'd rather buy a jacket that I can wear every day then some thing I'm going to take to the shooting range or whatever, because that sounds really fun and worth it but again, you spend your money on what you want to, IDGAF. Still don't understand why you're still being hostile about how someone else chooses to spend their money LOL

But actually you're right we should all have AR15s #merica

"Originally posted by parkrats: Telling me to leave this thread is like telling a bear to leave the woods, it's my home."

"Originally posted by Rampager2000: I only wear them with questionable girls. Like, I won't not have sex with a whore. I'll just wrap it."

"Originally posted by IncobWTF: When idiots chirp with nothing to back it up i throw it right back at em, obviously."
Old 11-08-2012, 09:59 AM #1062
Strange1130
FTW

And sorry to generalize, but no they aren't nice and you don't know anything about nice clothing lol. you think you do which is fine, but you don't. Keep trying to argue the point though.

"Originally posted by parkrats: Telling me to leave this thread is like telling a bear to leave the woods, it's my home."

"Originally posted by Rampager2000: I only wear them with questionable girls. Like, I won't not have sex with a whore. I'll just wrap it."

"Originally posted by IncobWTF: When idiots chirp with nothing to back it up i throw it right back at em, obviously."
Old 11-08-2012, 10:06 AM #1063
dabears!!

fun or not i think every responsible citizen should be familiar with the current millitary firearm and attempt to practice with it every few months on a bare minimum.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:11 AM #1064
Strange1130
FTW

what a ***, right earl? leather pants LOL *** (because wearing something defines ur sexual preference mirite?)

Hawaiian shirts are dope I'd rock that

slammin

Last edited by Strange1130 : 11-08-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:33 AM #1065
lightning fast
Diligentia, Vis, Celerita

lightning fast is Legendary
That Koronel Mustard blog posted has me looking at Jack London clothing, but I don't know a ****ing thing about it. Quality worth the price? Or are there other companies putting out similar suits in that price range?
I'd love to step my suit game up.

I want a chance to spit on somebody's baby. - Carthy, Detroit Strange
Old 11-08-2012, 10:45 AM #1066
earlsweatshirt (Banned)
Lets get weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange1130 View Post

what a ***, right earl? leather pants LOL *** (because wearing something defines ur sexual preference mirite?)
It doesn't matter what Kanye is wearing, he is a ****** regardless.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:49 AM #1067
Strange1130
FTW

lolol touche, i like a lot of his music though. and I actually think he is rocking that outfit pretty well though.

this tall italian lady in the office yesterday was wearing leather pants and louboutins, soooo fine

Old 11-08-2012, 10:55 AM #1068
Strange1130
FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning fast View Post
That Koronel Mustard blog posted has me looking at Jack London clothing, but I don't know a ****ing thing about it. Quality worth the price? Or are there other companies putting out similar suits in that price range?
I'd love to step my suit game up.
cool blog right? I feel like that guy either works for or gets paid by jack london though. Come on bro you literally ONLY wear jack london suits? Yeah okay

But I literally know nothing about the company, I only just heard of it like you, from that blog. I mean, the guy looks ****ing dope though, right?

Similar suits? Well like I said I have never handled one, but I'd say off the top of my head J Crew

Full suit pricepoint is like 600-1000, they have a 15% student discount which is boss. Or you can pick up one of the cotton ones (bottom left, they have some other colors) for like 450. So slightly more expensive than the jack london, in general.

I bought the bottom right one and it's pretty dope. Def still need to get the sleeves and legs tailored but I'm being lazy about it.

If that's too expensive, you could try ASOS (which that guy from the blog rocks a bit) it's a affordable and looks pretty nice, again never handled it.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:56 AM #1069
earlsweatshirt (Banned)
Lets get weird

His songs are either hit or miss for me, and the outfit isn't too bad. I can't even see his watch but I can already tell from a distance that its sexy as ****.
Edit: Those are some fly *** suits
Old 11-08-2012, 11:02 AM #1070
Strange1130
FTW

his shoes probably have zippers though

Old 11-08-2012, 11:05 AM #1071
earlsweatshirt (Banned)
Lets get weird

God forbid! And i'm really diggin both suits on the right, the ones on the left are pretty nice too. And what the **** is daveface? hahaha
Closed Thread