Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 12:33 PM #925
Strange1130
FTW

has been a member for 10 years
Strange1130 supports Team VICIOUS
^ yeah I don't like that one either, I only like the one McQueen colorway I posted, they did a gray one (is that it above? Or just a knockoff) that looks pretty immature. I just think the Wine one looks good because of the sheen, color, and subtleness of the print. Plus it looks really fat. I hate fat ties, 2" is perfect for me (although Sphere, looking for some fatter ties, definitely still check thetiebar.com because they offer the knit ties in 2 or 2.75" and I believe they also have a decent selection of 'normal' width ties.)

I do recall seeing a dope N(N) tie a few weeks ago on Sufu or SZ, but I tried for a few minutes to find it last night and couldn't track it down. It was kind of similar, a rose color like that but with bigger skulls, it was pretty sweet.

"Originally posted by parkrats: Telling me to leave this thread is like telling a bear to leave the woods, it's my home."

"Originally posted by Rampager2000: I only wear them with questionable girls. Like, I won't not have sex with a whore. I'll just wrap it."

"Originally posted by IncobWTF: When idiots chirp with nothing to back it up i throw it right back at em, obviously."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2012, 12:47 PM #926
PuzL (Banned)

PuzL owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PuzL has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PuzL has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PuzL has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
my dick is this big .
Old 11-05-2012, 12:53 PM #927
parkrats
I am a master trickster.

I think that ones a 4 in. so pretty big and I could use something slimmer. I'm going to keep looking around but that ones pattern is nearly identical to the McQueens. It's hard to find a skull tie that isn't cheesy hot topic **** like dabears said. That one isn't Hot Topic bad but it's still not ideal.

I was looking at these but I'm not too sure still. They have Lavender, Blue and Charcoal.

http://www.thetiebar.com/order_page....Submit%2Ey%3D0

Old 11-05-2012, 12:55 PM #928
dabears!!

any skull tie is cheesy hot topic **** worn by hot topic **** tards

i do not dress for fashion on a daily basis but when i wear a tie and a suit i do it right and have what i consider good etiquette on them

ties with skulls on them are for 13 year old who get picked on by the jocks
Old 11-05-2012, 03:20 PM #929
Strange1130
FTW

^ this fuggin guy

and parkrats a 4 inch tie is some ridiculous detective-lassiter-in-psych level ****. unacceptable IMO.

just looks ridiculous

"Originally posted by parkrats: Telling me to leave this thread is like telling a bear to leave the woods, it's my home."

"Originally posted by Rampager2000: I only wear them with questionable girls. Like, I won't not have sex with a whore. I'll just wrap it."

"Originally posted by IncobWTF: When idiots chirp with nothing to back it up i throw it right back at em, obviously."
Old 11-05-2012, 03:21 PM #930
SUR3
bangbang

is it mcqueen that makes those wingtip shoes with the boat engraved in them? i searched for it but couldn't find them
Old 11-05-2012, 06:21 PM #931
parkrats
I am a master trickster.

All I've really seen from McQueen is the ties.

And strange I'm well aware of how ridiculous a 4 inch tie looks. I only have 1 black tie that I wear and it's a 3 inch and that's as big as I'll go, personally I probably wouldn't wear anything less than 2.5 inches though. Never was a fan of the super skinny ties, all I can think when I see one is Shia Lebeouf, I mean he's not bad but **** those ties.

I still want this tweed one from theknottery and a red knit but I'm still poor as **** right now. Basically I'm on a mini retirement with not nearly enough cash to live on.

/tietalk

Last edited by parkrats : 11-05-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:09 PM #932
Strange1130
FTW

I think knit ties look boss when they're pretty skinny

mr bond here agrees

Old 11-05-2012, 08:43 PM #933
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange1130 View Post
^ this fuggin guy

and parkrats a 4 inch tie is some ridiculous detective-lassiter-in-psych level ****. unacceptable IMO.

just looks ridiculous
I can never picture this guy seriously because he played a leprechaun on a Disney channel movie.

Any time I see him I want to punch his stupid leprechaun face.

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:44 PM #934
Strange1130
FTW

decent blog regarding suits, guy looks pretty dope in most pics. gotta get a light colored suit like that

Old 11-05-2012, 08:45 PM #935
Strange1130
FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC_OWNER View Post
I can never picture this guy seriously because he played a leprechaun on a Disney channel movie.

Any time I see him I want to punch his stupid leprechaun face.
LOL holy ****

also this is dope

ive always wanted a forest green suit

Old 11-05-2012, 08:46 PM #936
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

inb4 incob says he would wear that leprechaun shirt.

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:00 PM #937
parkrats
I am a master trickster.

Looking through old pictures because vyvanse. Nifty fifty shot of selvedge lines on my old APCs, which have been destroyed beyond wear for a while now.
oh **** ya jawnz

Old 11-05-2012, 11:34 PM #938
A Contract Killer

A Contract Killer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Who wants to help me out? Need a new jacket, prefer something rather slim cut, mostly to be worn regularly with just a shirt and jeans, maybe occasionally a t-shirt instead of a regular shirt. Under $750-800 would be nice.

Also, new shoes to be worn with the above, under $500. I know some of y'all get a little out there with this so something a little more conservative would be neat. Thanks folks.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:58 PM #939
parkrats
I am a master trickster.

Well there's not really much to go off to offer suggestions. But based on the prices you threw out, I'd guess you're looking for some nicer stuff. Just check websites that carry designer brands and find something you like. Here's a few popular ones to start off.

http://www.ssense.com
http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware...ault/Home-Show
http://www.contextclothing.com

I used to know more but that's all I got off the top of my head. Also check out Temple of Jawnz (ToJ), they have lots of nice jackets and you send them every measurement so it's a true custom fit. Their website is down atm but you can find the temporary site on facebook.

Also don't buy something just cause it's a slim cut, while typically a good thing, my point is that you should know your body measurements and check the garment measurements to see they match. Just cause it's a slim fit doesn't mean it's going to fit right.

Also be sure to check around for second hand items to get good prices, try
http://supertalk.superfuture.com/ind...1-supermarket/
http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50
and sometimes you get lucky on ebay

Last edited by parkrats : 11-06-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:48 PM #940
incobWTF
Skywalkin' like Anakin

tres bien shop is also good
blackbird
Old 11-06-2012, 04:03 PM #941
Strange1130
FTW

I like oki-ni but they get ya with those customs fees

Old 11-06-2012, 05:35 PM #942
parkrats
I am a master trickster.

Scored these today. $2 a piece. Knit one is wool, don't know what the dotted is, but it's super thick/heavy material.

Also got some new hair dressing. It's like a light weight pomade. Apparently this is what Elvis and Johnny Cash used, I just like it cause my hair is super thick and getting longer so this makes it lay flatter

Last edited by parkrats : 11-06-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:52 PM #943
parkrats
I am a master trickster.

Just went looking through a bunch of the old closed threads for lulz. God damn, I was ****ing ridiculous. Also wig wogs

Been meaning to post this. Keychain I made with button I ripped off my old white belt and wedged in the some excess leather from my current jawnz belt. Kind of just looks gross/dirty in the pic but IRL it's beautifully aged. Never oiled or anything.

Last edited by parkrats : 11-06-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:24 PM #944
smeat
rolo tony

Picked up this shawl in dark brown and an olive H&M LOGG sweater at Goodwill for 5 bucks each today.
Braggin' about how you had it all dialed
Well what's up now
When your **** is
Old 11-06-2012, 08:27 PM #945
Strange1130
FTW

I don't believe that for a second.

Closed Thread