ZeR0 EVOlution
Sub-Ω

ZeR0 EVOlution is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
ZeR0 EVOlution is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by incobWTF View Post
wow man, now who's mad.
nothing you said is even relevant, when's the last time you've seen any commercials for Engineered Garmants, or klaxon Howl, etc plus; the majority of my **** is thrifted besides individual pieces that I really like and found on sale, but i mean I obviously was primed to like amish hats by their aggressive and subversive marketing campaign.I don't even watch tv. and before you ***** out your *** some stupid **** i took social psych course too i know i'm effected by the world around me, that includes ads, however i strictly refute your notion that i'm some brainwashed ****ing capitalist zombie. especially since, as you should know, a great number of subtle psychological effects are drastically reduced when they are outwardly known.
and yes, in 10-20 years neural nets will vastly exceed the size, computational power and obviously speed of the smartest humans, by the start of the next century an AI neural net will have more computational power than the entire human race, i suggest you take a gander at Ray Kurzweil's the Age of Spiritual Machines which i believe was written in 1999, but whose predictions on the exponential expansion of computational power, AI, and technology in general have held true, and even been surpassed in some areas ( http://www.sciencemag.org/content/335/6065/196.abstract oh look, 500,000,000 times smaller data storage). Data analysis and social trends are well within the realm of artificial neural nets, in fact they often excel because they see patterns and ideas that humans a conditioned to miss, or that they just don't see. It was shown that even in 1999 and evolving algorithm was greater than human investors >95% of the time both at historic as well as future analysis. by the time you're middle aged humans will be obsolete in a wealth of analytically jobs, or at least the jobs will be vastly altered. and this doesn't even include quantum computing, which again, as you should know will be a complete game changer compared to classical computation.

clothes
Firstly, I'm definitely mad. OH **** I NEED TO GET THIS ACROSS RIGHT THE **** NOW. YOU NEED TO KNOW.

Secondly, psychological effects do not necessarily get reduced just because you know they're happening. See, now you're coming into my territory acting like you know what's up. Really, you don't. Your psych 101 class didn't cover anything besides maybe Freud and Pavlov. I know that at this very moment, I am being primed to buy a product. I know this. But it doesn't stop me from remembering the State Farm jingle, or remember that switching to Geico can save me 15% on my car insurance, or any of that for that matter. That it psychological priming. Now, whether or not you buy a product is determined by your level of intelligence (highly intelligent people are less susceptible to priming effects depending on the form of the argument) among other things. But that doesn't mean I am not primed for other things. For example, I see no justification in spending an absurd amount of money on clothes, but I've spent a ton of money on the brakes on my car. How is it that I know the performance aspects of almost every car on the market, but couldn't name five non-mainstream designers if you asked me?

So yes, you've been primed to think clothes are worth money. I'll give you this as an example:

Go buy a pair of, I don't know, Anchor Blue jeans. Go do it. They're jeans, I'd like you to wear them. If you won't, give me a reason as to why not. Explain to me, in detail, why you wouldn't buy them. Justification is simply adding a second cognition to help change your reasoning. It's no different than saying you'll choose to workout tomorrow instead of today, because changing a behavior is hard. It's also easier to say that you'll work out later than it would be to start making yourself enjoy working out, because changing our attitudes is quite difficult in itself.

At that rate, you'll see that you were indeed primed to buy expensive clothing. Regardless of price, there really is no non-first world justification as to why we buy expensive clothes besides the fact that we were cognitively bred to do so. The analysis teams behind a lot of this huge fashion labels spend hours charging through

As for the double-blind, totally forgot the double-blind portion of the experiment last night. It was late, twas a tangent, and I messed up with that end of the argument. Double-blind? More like totally ****ed up.

But I digress, I've had a blast in this thread. You guys are pretty great, and Amish man is very easy to get riled up. Also, the fact that you bust the same "I'M NOT MAD, YOU'RE MAD!" line that everyone on the internet busts after they were obviously mad cussing up a storm (notice how you stopped doing that?) to help further emphasize the point that they weren't mad in the first place, that just made my day.

You were definitely mad. And strange, lighten up, buddy. It's not like talking about something other than fashion will make this thread explode. The internet doesn't work that way. If a thread gets derailed, it eventually goes back on topic. Slow down and have a conversation for once. This thread just happened to go in this direction, so **** it. Go with it and see what happens. It's not like we're stuck in this train of thought FOR-EV-ER.

Edited to make this wall of text longer.
46/0/0

C'est une grande habileté que de savoir cacher son habilité.

Last edited by ZeR0 EVOlution : 09-30-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2012, 12:18 PM #674
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
so who likes fashion?

Instagram
Old 09-30-2012, 12:32 PM #675
TheImPgoD
Big Fruit Cup

TheImPgoD is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Tldr; psych majors will never have any friends. Other than people in the same major.

On topic: where do y'all find your nice clothes on the cheap? I'm a fan of Marshall's but I just can't order **** online that isn't a hoodie. (Worried that the thing won't fit). Oh and I'm 165 pounds. I know, fat.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:01 PM #676
Strange1130
FTW

Strange1130 supports Team VICIOUS
stylezeitgeist.com, superfuture.com

how tall are you? Thats probably not fat.

"Originally posted by parkrats: Telling me to leave this thread is like telling a bear to leave the woods, it's my home."

"Originally posted by Rampager2000: I only wear them with questionable girls. Like, I won't not have sex with a whore. I'll just wrap it."

"Originally posted by IncobWTF: When idiots chirp with nothing to back it up i throw it right back at em, obviously."
Old 09-30-2012, 01:09 PM #677
TheImPgoD
Big Fruit Cup

6'2
Old 09-30-2012, 01:14 PM #678
Strange1130
FTW

lawl. don't be a douchebag. nobody likes a skinny guy who "thinks" he's fat. Maybe you're out of shape, but you aren't fat.

source: ex-skinny guy, put on about 20 pounds since january, still not fat, just out of shape.

"Originally posted by parkrats: Telling me to leave this thread is like telling a bear to leave the woods, it's my home."

"Originally posted by Rampager2000: I only wear them with questionable girls. Like, I won't not have sex with a whore. I'll just wrap it."

"Originally posted by IncobWTF: When idiots chirp with nothing to back it up i throw it right back at em, obviously."
Old 09-30-2012, 02:17 PM #679
PuzL (Banned)

PuzL owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PuzL has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PuzL has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PuzL has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange1130 View Post
who the **** cares nobody shut the **** up jesus

edit: I actually just read that. You're defining mark up to the clothing thread? luls. WAIT YOU MEAN COMPANIES BUY **** FOR LESS THAN THEY SELL IT TO US FOR?!?!? That is ..... JUST crazy enough to work.

And actually that has absolutely nothing to do with why the wine **won first place in the 2007 Best Tasting Chardonnay** receiving double gold medal award. (This was a blind test obviously.) The reason is because two buck chuck is essentially overstock wine, bought up from the wineries that don't have the distribution means (and want to keep their brand exclusive) to make it worth bottling up the rest. So Mr Shaw buys up tons of wine real cheap, bottles it up, and sells it real cheap at Trader Joes. 2005 was a great year for grapes in Cali, which is why the bottles were, on average, so good. It has nothing to do with bottle, you think wine tasters care about bottles rofl? jokes

And quite frankly, your example with the denim is bad. If the jeans retail for $250, the denim almost certainly would cost less than that, probably half (since it generally takes oh, about two yards of denim to make a pair of jeans, and if the price was 250 the cost would probably be about 80-100, and you have to factor in labor, buttons, rivets, thread, freight fees, customs, etc etc etc)
^I am digging those photos, Thats my style outside the shoes. I still rock emerica canvas shoes.

Trader joes is bomb for premade dindin, and salads. Their alcohol section is not bad either, The overall quailty of store= 9/10
Old 09-30-2012, 02:56 PM #680
Strange1130
FTW

I've literally never been in Trader Joe's somehow, haha. I'll have to try a bottle of the ole 2 buck soon, for Zero.

And word well the top dude is wearing Vans.

some more fits with sneaks

(^dope)

and this is just ridiculously sick. the fabrics look so good.

in other news guess im in the market for a new hoodie the hood of my rick hoodie just nearly ripped off when I sat on it wrong at work. **** is haggard status by now, I guess that's what happens when you wear it like 70% of days for 3 years.

Last edited by Strange1130 : 09-30-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:10 PM #681
smahthers2K12 (Banned)

smahthers2K12 is playing at Living Legends V
smahthers2K12 posts videos on PbNation
smahthers2K12 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Lol at a bunch of 20 year old guys arguing about male fashion on a paintball forum
Old 09-30-2012, 03:27 PM #682
Strange1130
FTW

Sorry, we're not as mature and cultured as you.

Quote:
Just woke up with a bag of cheetos in my pants and 40's duct taped to my hands. Successful night.
oh wait-

Old 09-30-2012, 03:37 PM #683
smahthers2K12 (Banned)

smahthers2K12 is playing at Living Legends V
smahthers2K12 posts videos on PbNation
smahthers2K12 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Irrelevant.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:38 PM #684
PuzL (Banned)

The picture third from the top, is my personal favorite. That hoodie is awesome. I have a pair of kangaroos that would look great with that bag. Only beef is the super long tee. Just not for me.

That fabric from the forth picture looks really good. I would love a a couple v-necks made from that type of material.

Last edited by PuzL : 09-30-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:43 PM #685
Strange1130
FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahthers2K12 View Post
Irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuzL View Post
The picture third from the top, is my personal favorite. That hoodie is awesome. I have a pair of kangaroos that would look great with that bag. Only beef is the super long tee. Just not for me.
yeah **** looks dope, looking for a new hoodie like that now actually since mine is pretty much dead, but yeah tee not for me either but he rocks it

Old 09-30-2012, 03:45 PM #686
chazchazchaz
Truth

chazchazchaz plays in the PSP
chazchazchaz posts videos on PbNation
chazchazchaz plays in the APPA D4 division
That leather jacket is sweet.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:48 PM #687
SUR3
bangbang

what rick hoodie do you have?

most of those fits you posted are super dope but they're each wearing thousands of dollars worth of clothing, especially Christian. guy goes hard
Old 09-30-2012, 03:49 PM #688
TheImPgoD
Big Fruit Cup

I take it you like the color black >.>
Old 09-30-2012, 03:50 PM #689
Strange1130
FTW

yep looks like a RO biker but I could be wrong

hmm Zamb from SZ makes these dope hoodies, gonna ask him how much they cost

Old 09-30-2012, 03:52 PM #690
Strange1130
FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUR3 View Post

most of those fits you posted are super dope but they're each wearing thousands of dollars worth of clothing, especially Christian. guy goes hard
I have this old (i bought it like 3.5 years ago and I imagine it was a few years old then, so probably 2006/07) darkshadow hoodie, it was actually one of those ridiculous long hoodies that he makes that go down to like your ankles but the dude I bought it from chopped off the part below the zipper and then I picked it up for a pittance. I'll try to find a pic of the original product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImPgoD View Post
I take it you like the color black >.>
yeah its ok, I like other colors too.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:53 PM #691
PuzL (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUR3 View Post

You can look better than that for less than 100 dollhairs. Same style. If I thousands to spend, I would have no problem paying up.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:01 PM #692
incobWTF
Skywalkin' like Anakin

i am/was a psych minor, (chem major, then either nanoscience and psych minors, or nanoscience and environmental chemistry, haven't fully decided yet come at me bro)so i took more than 101 obviously, k thanks i'm done with you
i swear all the time in this thread what the finklestein are you talking about

i'm glad that made your day, because its a finklesteining catch 22, either i don't correct your false assumption and you think i'm mad or you do and you think i'm mad, see how that works hombre?
if i got mad everytime some kid chirped me on here for what i wore i'd be a very angry dude

i think its time you make like a tree and get the **** outa here

^ yeah gothninja steez comes with a ridiculous price tag unless you're good at sewing
Old 09-30-2012, 04:03 PM #693
Strange1130
FTW

Quote:
You can look better than that for less than 100 dollhairs. Same style. If I thousands to spend, I would have no problem paying up.
^ exactly. You can buy all the ballin' **** that looks and feels amazing in person, but it also possible to look super cool on the cheap.

But when I have a good job and **** you bet your *** I'm going to be buying expensive clothing. I don't spend money on anything else besides pot and food and I'm not really planning on having children for at least 10 years if at all.

SURE this is what it looked like at first, lol (albeit a nicer version, with DTM draw strings etc) lol pretty horrible right?

now it looks like this

huge hole in both elbows, ripped lower sleeves, and now a giant hole in the back neck area

Last edited by Strange1130 : 09-30-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Closed Thread