Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2012, 11:07 AM #64
CA_Tectonics
 
 
CA_Tectonics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Northern CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Spot Customs View Post
Shru-How much did you shave off your bolt?
I think it was listed somewhere - 0.026" if I remember correctly.
__________________
Graphite Dangerous Power REV-I
TechT bolt engine, REV-I & Disruptive barrel kits, Prophecy V2 w/ Empire feedgate, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Maroon and Polished Aluminum Dangerous Power Threshold
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:18 AM #65
Sweet Spot Customs
www.sweetspotcustoms.com
 
Sweet Spot Customs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Sweet Spot Customs is BST Trusted
Ya, I thought I remembered seeing an exact number somewhere. I just want to confirm, since his seems to be working well.
Sweet Spot Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:21 PM #66
Umami
"That guy"
 
Umami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Inside the Beltway
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigolo7788 View Post
I think that the best bolt guide would be like this on the right.

I'll try to design one and to machine it to verify
I'm not really sure you can draw any conclusions with those simulations.
__________________
Everything great in the world is done by neurotics; they alone founded our religions and created our masterpieces.

SOG
I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:41 PM #67
echo echo
 
 
echo echo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
and this?

echo echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:31 PM #68
Shru
 
 
Shru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Nice video, seems to support exactly what we have been saying
We both have been running 3 different g3 markers around 130-140 psi to chrono at 280 and this video pretty much supports exactly what we have been saying....
Shru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:17 PM #69
Sweet Spot Customs
www.sweetspotcustoms.com
 
Sweet Spot Customs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Sweet Spot Customs is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shru View Post
Nice video, seems to support exactly what we have been saying
We both have been running 3 different g3 markers around 130-140 psi to chrono at 280 and this video pretty much supports exactly what we have been saying....
Did you shave off .026" as stated in the first post?
Sweet Spot Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:49 AM #70
rkenders
Northern Colorado
 
rkenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northern Colorado
I can't be sure, but it looks like all that's different is the bolt tail is shaved down some. Otherwise the gun is stock beyond the Techt bolt. I've got to try this on my spare bolt!


Shru,

Your numbers are quite impressive. I have to say that they sound incredible considering that the stock G4 gets like 700 shots and you are saying it will double that by shaving the Techt bolt tail a little. I will mod my bolt and post results.
__________________
Gear bag sale: Barrels, mask, loaders, gun cases, etc LOOK!!!, Ion Part Out
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070864
White-gold LV1, Cyborg RX, DP Threshy
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070838
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4049998

Last edited by rkenders : 06-07-2012 at 01:55 AM.
rkenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:01 AM #71
van457
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Leave a little bevel on bolt stem at end. If you take to much off and have to polish bare aluminum, bad fsdo.
van457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:56 AM #72
Shru
 
 
Shru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Spot Customs View Post
Did you shave off .026" as stated in the first post?
I believe justicexd said that yes..
If it was me, I would shave a tad bit off and chrono it and see what your pressures are at, and if have to shave a tiny bit more each time...
Seems if you are running at or around 140 psi, you should chrono at or around high 270s

rkenders: I will be playing this weekend, I will see what i get on my 68/4500 tank and see what kind of fill i have, I will let you know exact number on sunday....
Shru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:27 AM #73
rkenders
Northern Colorado
 
rkenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northern Colorado
echo echo or whoever...

It wasn't explained in the video, but is that silver thing in place of the regulator some other kind of regulator or some kind of "pass thru"? It appears echo is attempting to show us that the gun was getting supplied with 140psi from the compressor, but if the silver thing is a regulator then the gun is actually operating on less than 140psi internally.
__________________
Gear bag sale: Barrels, mask, loaders, gun cases, etc LOOK!!!, Ion Part Out
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070864
White-gold LV1, Cyborg RX, DP Threshy
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070838
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4049998
rkenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:51 AM #74
van457
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Has anybody ever tried a techt E1 bolt engine in a g3 to see if it would work? Just thinkin more backcap volume if it could be modified to work. Would look stupid and prob. not worth the expense, But just wondering if anybody tried this. Cap may have to be drilled out some for volume, but I don't know I don't have one.Anybody? Also for anybody that has a dp f8 I posted some tips at "f8 valve removal"

Last edited by van457 : 06-07-2012 at 09:57 AM.
van457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:28 AM #75
justicexd
mowing faces since '83
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Between 0.020-0.026 is what needs to be shaved from the stem.

With the dwell set to 10, and the marker shooting 278 fps (+/-3), my g3's pressure comes in at 142 psi. Those numbers are with bore matched Valken Graffiti paint through a .686 one piece Disruptive Barrel.

I also did an efficiency test with a tank filled to 1000 psi and ran the marker until the tank pressure dropped to 140 psi. The test yielded a whopping 366 shots
justicexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:41 AM #76
Sweet Spot Customs
www.sweetspotcustoms.com
 
Sweet Spot Customs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Sweet Spot Customs is BST Trusted
What size tank?
Sweet Spot Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:44 AM #77
echo echo
 
 
echo echo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
echo echo or whoever...

It wasn't explained in the video, but is that silver thing in place of the regulator some other kind of regulator or some kind of "pass thru"? It appears echo is attempting to show us that the gun was getting supplied with 140psi from the compressor, but if the silver thing is a regulator then the gun is actually operating on less than 140psi internally.
Yes, i was meaning to show that the G4 is running at 140 PSI and that the silver thing is a DP spec r reg that i have extra, the original swivel adjustment screw thats above the reg fittings was stripped so i drilled and tapped a different adjustment screw on the opposite side.

And at the making of the vid, the spec r reg is set wide open.

And yes, the marker is stock except the reg, TechT bolt and barrel.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
echo echo or whoever...
if the silver thing is a regulator then the gun is actually operating on less than 140psi internally.
Actually, im not sure about this, i need to rig a reg tester and check, will post the result as needed

and id like to apologize to every one for the crappy vid...

AND PROPS TO JUSTICEXD AND SHRU FOR THE MOD.

Disclaimer:
Any person/s doing said/implied modifications, under their own will/volition, as per video above, acknowledges that said/implied modification/s will void/undermine their TechT bolt warranty and that they are doing the said/implied modification/s at their own risk.
Undersigned will not be responsible/liable for any damage/injury/death resulting from modification/s made to TechT bolts or use of paintball marker/s utilizing modded TechT bolts.

Last edited by echo echo : 06-07-2012 at 12:25 PM.
echo echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:00 AM #78
justicexd
mowing faces since '83
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Spot Customs View Post
What size tank?
68/45
justicexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:15 AM #79
CA_Tectonics
 
 
CA_Tectonics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Northern CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo echo View Post
Actually, im not sure about this, i need to rig a reg tester and check
I've been following this thread just out of curiosity and for the info but thought I'd put this out to you echo. Here is an idea for hooking up the air compressor directly to your marker:

Take the marker's reg off and use the asa end of a remote line. I believe the reg threading is the same as the male asa and, therefore, the male end of the remote line should screw right in. It also has a quick disconnect on it so it should also be plug and play with the compressor line too. Something like this:


eBay link to male asa part


The idea just popped into my head as I was reading this thread so I thought I'd pass it along.
__________________
Graphite Dangerous Power REV-I
TechT bolt engine, REV-I & Disruptive barrel kits, Prophecy V2 w/ Empire feedgate, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Maroon and Polished Aluminum Dangerous Power Threshold
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:27 AM #80
echo echo
 
 
echo echo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
I've been following this thread just out of curiosity and for the info but thought I'd put this out to you echo. Here is an idea for hooking up the air compressor directly to your marker:

Take the marker's reg off and use the asa end of a remote line. I believe the reg threading is the same as the male asa and, therefore, the male end of the remote line should screw right in. It also has a quick disconnect on it so it should also be plug and play with the compressor line too. Something like this:


eBay link to male asa part


The idea just popped into my head as I was reading this thread so I thought I'd pass it along.
how'd you know that i had such a thing? are you CIA?

didnt think of that the first time
but yes, i will do as suggested.
echo echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:45 AM #81
CA_Tectonics
 
 
CA_Tectonics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Northern CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo echo View Post
how'd you know that i had such a thing? are you CIA?
Maybe ....
__________________
Graphite Dangerous Power REV-I
TechT bolt engine, REV-I & Disruptive barrel kits, Prophecy V2 w/ Empire feedgate, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Maroon and Polished Aluminum Dangerous Power Threshold
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:09 PM #82
rkenders
Northern Colorado
 
rkenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northern Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by justicexd View Post
Between 0.020-0.026 is what needs to be shaved from the stem.

With the dwell set to 10, and the marker shooting 278 fps (+/-3), my g3's pressure comes in at 142 psi. Those numbers are with bore matched Valken Graffiti paint through a .686 one piece Disruptive Barrel.

I also did an efficiency test with a tank filled to 1000 psi and ran the marker until the tank pressure dropped to 140 psi. The test yielded a whopping 366 shots
Your efficiency test at 1000psi in a 68/4500 tank shooting down to essentially empty at 366 shots means 1647 shots on a full 68/4500. If the numbers you posted are real and accurate, then that's absolutely stellar efficiency for a spool valve gun!
__________________
Gear bag sale: Barrels, mask, loaders, gun cases, etc LOOK!!!, Ion Part Out
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070864
White-gold LV1, Cyborg RX, DP Threshy
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070838
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4049998
rkenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:05 PM #83
Shru
 
 
Shru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
Your efficiency test at 1000psi in a 68/4500 tank shooting down to essentially empty at 366 shots means 1647 shots on a full 68/4500. If the numbers you posted are real and accurate, then that's absolutely stellar efficiency for a spool valve gun!
yep, I will also be shooting my g3 this weekend with a 68/4500 tank
will see after fill what my psi is, and i will unload all day until i run dry on air and see what kind of shot count i get...
I am going on vacation for 2 weeks after this weekend, so i will get trigger happy =)
Shru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:24 PM #84
van457
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
a 1 piece barrel such as a c.p or a lurker with about 9" of "DRIVE" length would get you even higher eff. numbers. Not pickin on disruptive barrel, just stating fact.

Last edited by van457 : 06-07-2012 at 02:51 PM.
van457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump