PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-06-2012, 06:18 PM #22
blame it on god
Rotten to the core

blame it on god has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I've never shot an SR, but I would think it has a lot to do with how it was designed and made.There is a lot of room for older bodied cockers to be off. Front block slightly crooked orpump arm not aligned perfect. The stack effect under the stress of high rates of fire. Something has to give.
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2012, 06:55 PM #23
Willieocean14

Well an SR isnt set up like a prostock or a karni or eclipse autocockers are set up it seems like it would be alot better on an SR body to shoot 20-25 bps then it would on any other cocker
Willieocean14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:48 AM #24
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willieocean14 View Post
Yea like i said it doesnt run right when i try and shoot paint but im still tinkerin with the lpr to see if i can get it any higher than 25. It shoots great at 25bps but like i said if i raise it up anymore than that then the lpr has a hard time stabilizing pressure and it wont shoot right and locks up.. Is their any type of lpr that would take speeds like that or would i have to just scrap the idea of making it run right at that speed cuz ive wasted alot of money on paint and air trin to get it to run right?
AKA scm III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willieocean14 View Post
When i get more time ill post a video of my progress as for the other upgrades im going to put either a freak .687 bore or a boomstick barrel on it, do some machine work on the body and do paint inlay in it, new grips and i have an eclipse ram with the dual qevs that i wanna install. I havnt decided weither im gonna drill out and tap the feedneck or if im gonna chop it down and add either like a trinity feed or somethin else
if your going to turn the feedneck down just do the ego feedneck mod instead of the trinity option. also CCM makes a rather nice low-profile cocker feedneck.

and yea, around 25bps pump arms start breaking...we got a lot of those threads not long after the yakuza boards came out lol. i imagine there would be less stress on a mid or halfblock body, and especially on an mq valved gun since it doesnt have to push against the hammer anymore...but its still happened. i think the stock karnivor had a titanium pump arm. dont know how well those held up.

Last edited by Rebel_816 : 06-07-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Rebel_816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:04 AM #25
Willieocean14

stock karnivor had a titanium pump arm. dont know how well those held up.

Well id have to imagine that if its made from titanium that it would have to hold up better than a regular steel one. **** nasa uses titanium on the space shuttles lol
Old 06-10-2012, 12:39 AM #26
FlyGuy10
Real Men Love Jesus

Stock karni pump arms were aluminum. Which is literally the worst metal to utilize for a pump arm in regards to durability because aluminum, while light (and good for annodizing), is mucj softer compared to stainless steel or titanium. I snapped my aluminum one on my midblocked karni and I was only shooting 13bps. Bought a ccm stainless one and haven't had problems since. Titanium is the best though. Lightweight plus super durable. But a huge pain in thr rear to machine and modify. Also expensive...
FlyGuy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:22 AM #27
Willieocean14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGuy10
Stock karni pump arms were aluminum. Which is literally the worst metal to utilize for a pump arm in regards to durability because aluminum, while light (and good for annodizing), is mucj softer compared to stainless steel or titanium. I snapped my aluminum one on my midblocked karni and I was only shooting 13bps. Bought a ccm stainless one and haven't had problems since. Titanium is the best though. Lightweight plus super durable. But a huge pain in thr rear to machine and modify. Also expensive...
I got carbide end mills and roughers so as long as i take any machining slow they'll cut right thru it no prob but i bought a stainless cockin rod to and so far it seems to do the job
Old 06-11-2012, 09:07 PM #28
Willieocean14

Jus finished my prostock since before ive added a ccm springs and valve internals kit a ccm cocking rod, a wgp upgrade black beavertail, a wgp polished black solenoid manifold frame, and an exalt reg grip. I just bought an all black trilogy that im going to half block myself and start buyin parts for so i think im done with this prostock i think it looks pretty bad ***!!!

Old 06-11-2012, 11:25 PM #29
cruciatus111
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!

cruciatus111 is playing at Living Legends V
cruciatus111 is for the Gunfight
cruciatus111 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
cruciatus111 is attending Decay of Nations VI
^
That looks sick man
WGP Jeff Orr Blackout #41/60
cruciatus111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:27 PM #30
Willieocean14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruciatus111
^
That looks sick man
Thanx i gotta lot of money invested into this prostock
Old 06-20-2012, 10:42 PM #31
kudos

has been a member for 10 years
as a long time cocker fan i would have to say that you should stop messing with it. just go out and enjoy your toy i dont know why anybody would want to shoot 25+ bps anyways.

it's a sexy gun. go out and enjoy
Ninja 68/4500
kudos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:51 PM #32
Willieocean14

Yea im done with this one i just picked up a mech 2k2 for 65$ at a garage sale lol and it almost looks like it came out the box so i think imma start some mods on it but jus keep it mechanical .. Thanx tho i put alot of time into gettin this gun the way it is