Old 09-28-2012, 02:48 PM #1996
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
tonybhall supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXinpayneXx View Post
I'm going to go to the GNF'S and play journalist for a few days. Maybe get my name out there a little bit since that is my dream job and all.
Journalism is your dream job? I hope you like long hours, lots of stress, tight deadlines, low pay, and virtually no job security.

In my previous life I have been a sports writer/photographer and sports editor. There were times when I really loved the jobs. But as I got older and had a family to support, I begin to resent working so hard for so little money. And the current state of journalism in America is basically in the crapper. The real media outlets have either sold out to a political agenda, have become more entertainment than news, or have sacrificed all quality and credibility to compete with every blog or website that might scoop the story first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoinil View Post
Just had my GSXR 1000 Rizla replica stolen :-(
That sucks. Hope your insurance takes care of you.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:17 PM #1997
xXinpayneXx
MW

Not journalism really. I like doing it but you are right, I already know how ****ty of a job it is.

Moto journalism however is!

Driving/riding fast ****, and writing about it. Can't possibly be much worse that that
Old 09-28-2012, 04:01 PM #1998
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
Quote:
Not journalism really. I like doing it but you are right, I already know how <del>****</del>ty of a job it is.

Moto journalism however is!

Driving/riding fast <del>****</del>, and writing about it. Can't possibly be much worse that that
Yeah, there are some niche journalism jobs that can still be pretty good. I'd love to be a vacation/travel writer. How awesome would it be to get free vacations and be paid to write about them? But the one problem I've noticed with those niche fields of journalism is that there is an endless stream of people that would kill for those jobs and very few jobs. So... supply and demand. If there are 100 people who'd kill for your job and only 1 opening, your employer isn't going to go out of his way to keep you happy. Unless of course you own the publication.

My wife worked as a graphic designer for several magazines. The owners of many of the companies she worked for turned their passion into a career by starting a magazine and writing about it. That's the way to go if you have the capital to start a magazine and back it with a cool website. Except magazines make their money on advertising which is the first thing that gets cut when the economy goes in the tank... which is pretty much where it's been since 2007.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:27 PM #1999
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

tonybhall is a Moderator
My neighbor down the street just called and told me he just purchased a CBR 250 as his first bike. Went and checked it out. I liked it a lot better in person that just looking at it in pictures.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:58 PM #2000
automagwarrior

automagwarrior has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybhall View Post
http://bham.craigslist.org/mcy/3302739527.html

Pretty. Wish my bike was this color.
Candy Plasma blue. I have one in my garage....

with 850 less CC
Old 09-28-2012, 08:18 PM #2001
xXinpayneXx
MW

I feel you there tony. Creating a website of my own would be cool. I'm actually going to play with it for the gnf and maybe the first national next year and see if there is enough interest there for advertisers to support it. Probably not but will be a fun side project and I'll be there anyway.

Most moto journalism is **** from what I read. But Jeremy Clarkson is my hero. Now that man has my dream job. And he can write however he wants.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:09 PM #2002
cynicalrider
robert paulson

cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cynicalrider owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
cynicalrider is for the Gunfight
cynicalrider supports Pev's Paintball
I make websites. Cause I'm awesome.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:37 AM #2003
leed

leed is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by automagwarrior View Post
I wasn't looking for opinions on their usefulness or size. I have a pretty diverse garage and I know when the right time to use the proper tool is. Often times an L shaped allen wrench does not provide enough torque or is not long enough for a particular space.

I'll just pony up for a set of motion pro.
My mistake, I understand. If you're going to buy Motion Pro, you may just consider buying from HF or Amazon (with good reviews). Though, I suppose since MotionPro is more specialized they will have a longer T set than typical. Or you can spend >200 dollars on Cementex keys! They'll last longer than you'd ever want them to!

And if you can't get enough torque out of an long arm hex key (but need the reach) just grab a box wrench as a cheater bar. If you can't get enough torque at that point, then you should really be using a socket. Regardless, I suppose there is a time and a use for every tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybhall View Post
My neighbor down the street just called and told me he just purchased a CBR 250 as his first bike. Went and checked it out. I liked it a lot better in person that just looking at it in pictures.
I agree, I definitely think they look better in person than in a picture. They do feel more upright than the 250 though -- to me anyhow.

Quote:
Most moto journalism is <del>****</del> from what I read. But Jeremy Clarkson is my hero. Now that man has my dream job. And he can write however he wants.
Jeremy Clarkson is a ridiculous man, but yet seemingly classy, hahaha. If you become the Jeremy Clarkson of the two-wheeled world, I'd watch/read/listen. It'd be kind of neat to see how the humor translates in a similar but ever so different industry.

Last edited by leed : 09-29-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:14 AM #2004
tmanbuckhunter
This Title is Red

Question for you all. I got into an incident today, and now have a small flat spot on my rear tire, and it feels kind of lop sided where the rear wheel started to lock up. That's not going to affect anything right? I didn't slide for long... i'd say a few yards but the bike did go back and forth, side to side a little before i pressed on the brake harder to try and get it to stop and just slide one direction.

Stupid ****ing cagers I swear....
Old 09-29-2012, 05:10 AM #2005
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
Thread has over 2000 posts. Continue here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3874523
This SYSTEM user account is not controlled by a person. It's primary function is to automatically split large threads. System also masks the identity of staff members who give infractions. If you have a question, or if SYSTEM becomes self-aware, please post it in the Talk to Mods/Admins section.
Closed Thread