Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 08:53 PM #1576
zerospeed

Annual Supporting Member
zerospeed is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
THIS
also for those who still believe on the free hopper if the company never sends them it will hurt the companies reputation and resale or purchase of a new one.

OLD Feedback

MACDEV MILITIA CLUB
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2013, 08:57 PM #1577
XSVchild12
Kick ***, dont kiss it!

Annual Supporting Member
XSVchild12 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
XSVchild12 plays in the APPA beginner division
XSVchild12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
XSVchild12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
XSVchild12 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttefabian View Post
i see your point that is not a 1650 worth of a gun but i would say it should be 1200-1300 of a gun
with that being said they should be selling like 800-900
but people are scared because there to damn lazy to maintain a gun,
they expect the gun to maintain itself.
I agree with that. And ANS is probably just trying to get rid of them. There not making money from selling them at a grand so why are they? No one will by vapors for 1650. I dont think anygun s worth 1650. But yes vapors should retail for around 1100

Life is too short to worry about whats in your ketchup.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:08 PM #1578
ttefabian

ttefabian owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ttefabian has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ttefabian has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ttefabian has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSVchild12 View Post

I agree with that. And ANS is probably just trying to get rid of them. There not making money from selling them at a grand so why are they? No one will by vapors for 1650. I dont think anygun s worth 1650. But yes vapors should retail for around 1100
Yea of course there trying to get rid of it. It's how retail companies do. **** if they could make 100 bucks of the company. Then why not ya know?
It's sad to see such a good gun go to waste.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:53 AM #1579
The Mince

Did anyone see the post on Machine's facebook page?

They've removed it but briefly it said that the 2014 vapor and hopper would be announced in 2 months.

I eventually lost the faith and got rid of mine a bit too early it seems.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:51 PM #1580
wellsboy
BULL CITY BALLERZ

wellsboy is playing at Living Legends VI
wellsboy is playing at Living Legends VII
wellsboy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
wellsboy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
wellsboy supports DLX Technology
i've had v1,v2,v3 vapors, had problems with them all, and im very tech savy, so i know how to maintain a marker. i really wanted to like the vapor, but issue after issue, leaks, regs not lining up right, eyes malfunction, breaking paint. and on top of all that still no hopper. maybe 2014 model will be better but i want waste a dollar to find out . goodluck guys dont make the mistake i made and put $1000's down the drain
Im not bashing vapor this is just the experience i've had with them. at the end of the day if u enjoy ur sundays balling with your buddys u better find something else to shoot or u will be at the tables trying to figure out what is wrong with this vapor now!

Last edited by wellsboy : 08-07-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:13 PM #1581
Mfletcher6

Does anyone know where I can get the cable to connect the battery to the board?
Old 08-07-2013, 10:25 PM #1582
skvngr100

Annual Supporting Member
skvngr100 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
skvngr100 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsboy View Post
i've had v1,v2,v3 vapors, had problems with them all, and im very tech savy, so i know how to maintain a marker. i really wanted to like the vapor, but issue after issue, leaks, regs not lining up right, eyes malfunction, breaking paint. and on top of all that still no hopper. maybe 2014 model will be better but i want waste a dollar to find out . goodluck guys dont make the mistake i made and put $1000's down the drain
Im not bashing vapor this is just the experience i've had with them. at the end of the day if u enjoy ur sundays balling with your buddys u better find something else to shoot or u will be at the tables trying to figure out what is wrong with this vapor now!

You must have really bad luck in vapors. I have a v2 and v3 not a single issue other than the reg front is off a bit. There is a fix for that but it doesn't bother that much.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:27 PM #1583
XSVchild12
Kick ***, dont kiss it!

Annual Supporting Member
XSVchild12 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
XSVchild12 plays in the APPA beginner division
XSVchild12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
XSVchild12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
XSVchild12 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i have a v3 and it seems to shoot great

Life is too short to worry about whats in your ketchup.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:59 PM #1584
The Mince

Mine was straight up terrible for the moment i got it out of the box. Expensive lesson learnt.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:46 AM #1585
PRGUYBALLER

Where I can find the V3 parts for my gun???
Old 08-09-2013, 01:15 AM #1586
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ProMod is an NCPA player
ProMod supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRGUYBALLER View Post
Where I can find the V3 parts for my gun???
Contact Jay@MachinePaintball.com
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
"...Looks Like A...." earns you an instant NEWBIE tag. Don't be a newbie.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:31 AM #1587
PRGUYBALLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMod View Post
Thanks
Old 08-09-2013, 03:18 PM #1588
bope

I had almost all high end guns available and I love my V3 vapor works fine every time, I did fallow the set up from ProMod -thanks , so some hate some love this is life......The only recommendation I give is, by one for low price, follow the step by step off ProMod set up and try it your self and take your own conclude. Don't listen to anyone, good luck guys.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:42 PM #1589
Jsolo17

hey fellow vapor owner. need help... my vapor shoots great and i love it so far, no major problems. BUT, when the eyes are ON no matter what the BPS is set at, my vapor wont shoot above like 10 bps. And when the eyes are OFF the gun shoots completely fine and normal to whatever i set the bps too. i need help ASAP cause i hate going through practice playing with the eyes off.
PLEASE if anyone knows whats wrong PM me or just quote me on this thread.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:06 PM #1590
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsolo17 View Post
hey fellow vapor owner. need help... my vapor shoots great and i love it so far, no major problems. BUT, when the eyes are ON no matter what the BPS is set at, my vapor wont shoot above like 10 bps. And when the eyes are OFF the gun shoots completely fine and normal to whatever i set the bps too. i need help ASAP cause i hate going through practice playing with the eyes off.
PLEASE if anyone knows whats wrong PM me or just quote me on this thread.
Just so you know; make sure you're changing the right settings on the board.

BPS Eyes On: ROF for the eyes on (10, 12, 15, etc.)
BPS Fine: Tenths BPS adjustment (so 5 on this setting means 10.5, 12.5, 15.5, etc.)
BPS Eyes Off: ROF for the eyes off (I tend to leave this at 10 and forget about it)

Make sure you're adjusting the BPS Eyes On setting.

Also, make sure your Eye Mode and Eye Process are set to Standard. If you have iFault set, the board will drop your ROF down to 10 to signal that there's a problem with your eyes.

Finally, make sure that both your marker and loader have fresh batteries (DURACELL, ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!)
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:26 PM #1591
Everett the redhead

Everett the redhead owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ok guys so Im in the market for a new gun. I have an invert mini, and I was alright. It still works and will always have a spot in my gear bag, but its time to move on. Im really interested in a Vapor. It looks great, and videos and reviews say its pretty good. Leaps and bounds compared to my Mini. Anyway on to the questions:

1. Im not very in touch with the whole operating pressure loops. I understand it but I have some confusion. My mini ran on about 250 PSI, but the Vapor comes preset at around 180 PSI. My question is since I have a high pressure output tank (800 PSI) do I NEED an SLP regulator on my HPA tank, or is it more of a suggestion? I don't want to blowout the internals on a toy I just bought from someone on here and feel like a total moron. Or is it just that the vapor needs at least 180 PSI to work but anything above that will work just fine.

2. Is there any quirks or common problems with the Vapor V3's. For the price they are being sold for on here and from what I've seen them do Im very excited to get one. But I'd like to know of any general problems that the series may have.

Sorry If I've asked any stupid questions, Its just I've never had this problem because my Mini and A5 took the 800 PSI and worked like champs.

If people could help me out and answer these questions for me I would be forever grateful. Thank you.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:25 PM #1592
skvngr100

Annual Supporting Member
skvngr100 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett the redhead View Post
ok guys so Im in the market for a new gun. I have an invert mini, and I was alright. It still works and will always have a spot in my gear bag, but its time to move on. Im really interested in a Vapor. It looks great, and videos and reviews say its pretty good. Leaps and bounds compared to my Mini. Anyway on to the questions:

1. Im not very in touch with the whole operating pressure loops. I understand it but I have some confusion. My mini ran on about 250 PSI, but the Vapor comes preset at around 180 PSI. My question is since I have a high pressure output tank (800 PSI) do I NEED an SLP regulator on my HPA tank, or is it more of a suggestion? I don't want to blowout the internals on a toy I just bought from someone on here and feel like a total moron. Or is it just that the vapor needs at least 180 PSI to work but anything above that will work just fine.

2. Is there any quirks or common problems with the Vapor V3's. For the price they are being sold for on here and from what I've seen them do Im very excited to get one. But I'd like to know of any general problems that the series may have.

Sorry If I've asked any stupid questions, Its just I've never had this problem because my Mini and A5 took the 800 PSI and worked like champs.

If people could help me out and answer these questions for me I would be forever grateful. Thank you.
I know you don't want to get a slp reg cause I believe it has trouble keep up. You want a adjustable reg like the ninja and set it I believe between 450 - 550 . There is I tunining guide that should have most of the info you want.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:06 PM #1593
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
ok guys so I'm in the market for a new gun. I have an invert mini, and it was alright. It still works and will always have a spot in my gear bag, but it's time to move on. I'm really interested in a Vapor. It looks great, and videos and reviews say its pretty good. Leaps and bounds compared to my Mini. Anyway on to the questions:

1. I'm not very in touch with the whole operating pressure loops. I understand it but I have some confusion. My mini ran on about 250 PSI, but the Vapor comes preset at around 180 PSI. My question is since I have a high pressure output tank (800 PSI) do I NEED an SLP regulator on my HPA tank, or is it more of a suggestion? I don't want to blowout the internals on a toy I just bought from someone on here and feel like a total moron. Or is it just that the vapor needs at least 180 PSI to work but anything above that will work just fine.

Hey!

I discourage people from buying Vapors if they're not exactly tech-savy; I suggest you get some experience with other highend markers first, as the vapor is going to be a HUGE step away from your mini.

That being said, the internal operating pressure of the two markers isn't that far off; what matters most is the input pressure FROM THE TANK. This is because of the internal passages inside the marker. They're sealed with 1x3mm orings which can only handle so much pressure. Additionally, to prevent solenoid damage, the marker vents if the input pressure is beyond a safe-level for the HPR.

For vapors, your tank output pressure (aka your tank reg pressure) MUST be between 350 and 550 PSI (period). No exceptions. 600 PSI is pushing the upper bounds of the blowoff, and 275/300 is usually the point of shootdown (aka, when firing quickly, first shot is 300, second shot is 280, third shot is 190 etc.)

The vapor is a quirky gun in general, but when tuned correctly, they shoot fantastic. They're extremely responsive, feel great in the hands, super simple to work on, and they're fairly efficient. 99% of the problems I've seen are caused by user error.

It doesn't really matter what version you get, because V3 parts are free once you register your marker. I personally prefer to use the original V1 parts and tune slightly differently, but there's more info on that in my tuning guide.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:50 PM #1594
Everett the redhead

Everett the redhead owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Alright, Im more tech savvy than what I wrote. I like my mini because its a tank and I don't have to be too nice to the thing and it still works. But from what you wrote and what others have said in reviews Im getting the idea that it is a very finicky gun. What would you guys suggest then, Im in love with the Vapor's look, and compared to my mini they're silent. I don't care much for the spool vs poppet war that rages on im more interest in the down field effect and the reliability standpoint. After a lot of looking into the Vapor doesn't seem to be the best fit for me and you are right. Any other ideas or suggestions? I know that this is no longer about the Vapor but still Ill take any information I can get.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:09 PM #1595
ProMod
Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
Alright, Im more tech savvy than what I wrote. I like my mini because its a tank and I don't have to be too nice to the thing and it still works. But from what you wrote and what others have said in reviews Im getting the idea that it is a very finicky gun. What would you guys suggest then, Im in love with the Vapor's look, and compared to my mini they're silent. I don't care much for the spool vs poppet war that rages on im more interest in the down field effect and the reliability standpoint. After a lot of looking into the Vapor doesn't seem to be the best fit for me and you are right. Any other ideas or suggestions? I know that this is no longer about the Vapor but still Ill take any information I can get.
Let me rephrase: The Vapor itself isn't finicky, it's just not abusable like an EGO or DM. This is not the sort of marker you can leave in your bag caked in paint for a month and expect it to work perfectly in the dead of winter. (Hell, I don't expect that of ANY marker, but apparently some people have unrealistic standards). This marker will be a reflection of the owners ability to clean and maintain their equipment.

If you're looking for a bulletproof marker, DMs or EGOS. Bob Long makes amazing markers if you know how to follow directions, and the new Clone GTi is something to drool over.... I personally don't like "lazy/supersmooth" spoolies, I'd rather have my markers be more responsive. Because of that, I tend to stray away from the shocker/luxe/vanquish drivetrain or the demons but that's only my personal preference. They're not "bad" in any way shape or form, it's just not what I personally look for in a marker.

**edit**

BTW what part of jersey are you in? You're more than welcome to come try out my vapor if you want to get a feel for them.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:00 PM #1596
Bezonian

Bezonian owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Followed every step of the set up guide by promod but i just can't seem to get my vapor to shoot the brittle paint. My other markers (geo2.1 and axe) have no issues with it so it is not that brittle. Still have the v1 can and i use a pooty bolt tried a lot of different settings but no change. I also tend to get slight fsdo and also it HATES reballs. But i dont have a problem with shooting my geo on the in door practices so that i can live with. Thankful for any help or tip i can get
Closed Thread