2k6

Annual Supporting Member
myhomieg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
myhomieg is an NCPA player
myhomieg supports Pev's Paintball
myhomieg plays in the APPA D5 division
myhomieg has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Why the Vapor Price drop?

ive noticed the price on the vapor had dropped dramatically, should i pick one of these up for the 550 or so they are going for now? originally 1650, on sale on ans for 799, whats the deal? thanks.

Radford University Paintball Team

|G.I. Sportz|Dye|Vforce|Draxxus|
|PEVS|
myhomieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2013, 01:26 PM #2
JLuke2
derp derp derp

Tons of problems with them I believe, Had 3 people at the field each with one, all three had problems, sent them back to the company multiple times. I think the V3 fixed the problems, but the damage is done.
JLuke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:43 PM #3
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
other than they are terrible guns, except for taking money out of people's wallets(in which they were very good at), there is supposed to be the new model or Vapor 2 coming out soon.
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:00 AM #4
barndawg
Dirty South Killers Capt

barndawg supports Team VICIOUS
barndawg supports Team VICIOUS
barndawg posts videos on PbNation
barndawg plays in the APPA D4 division
sure there are plenty of people that will disagree about being terrible guns but just like any high end, if you set it up right and maintain it shoots money. But there were problems that were fixed in the V3 upgrades. If you want a gun that shoots as well as a luxe and more efficient the get the gun dial it in and keep it lubed and leave it alone and enjoy. If you want a gun to tinker with and always changing settings, then its probably not for you. Their customer service has been awesome. I have shot just about every brand and type of marker and this comes from a diehard Eclipse man. Only gun I would ever consider letting this go for would be for my 09 vamp Viscious that I sold lol. Most people are dumping them for $550-775 depending on version they are.

Back Player Gang

Sponsored BY
PaintballBunkerOnline
http://www.paintballbunkeronline.com
barndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:29 PM #5
Shocker159753

Shocker159753 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Shocker159753 supports Team VICIOUS
Shocker159753 plays in the APPA D5 division
Shocker159753 supports DLX Technology
You would be lucky to get 500 for a v3
Shocker159753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:06 PM #6
PbN_AutoTrader
Your PERSONAL Proshop

Annual Supporting Member
PbN_AutoTrader is BST Legit
PbN_AutoTrader donated to help Peyton Trent
PbN_AutoTrader supports Bob Gurnsey
PbN_AutoTrader supports our troops
PbN_AutoTrader is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
PbN_AutoTrader is Legendary
PbN_AutoTrader supports DLX Technology
Never had issues.

Know and take care of your marker like any other marker and it will take care of you.
Contact ME (Michael) Direct ANYtime (24/7)
Call/Text 504-669-2298
michael@theotherathlete.com
www.paintballtraderworldwide.com www.theotherathlete.com
PbN_AutoTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:08 PM #7
wellsboy
BULL CITY BALLERZ

wellsboy is playing at Living Legends VII
wellsboy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
wellsboy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
wellsboy supports Pev's Paintball
wellsboy supports DLX Technology
I've had a few vapors, had problems with every last one, also they never released the loader . The vapor was a total loss for us who spent $1650 when first released. I don't care what machine releases they wont get my money again
wellsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:05 AM #8
myhomieg
2k6

Annual Supporting Member
myhomieg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
myhomieg is an NCPA player
myhomieg supports Pev's Paintball
myhomieg plays in the APPA D5 division
myhomieg has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
i bid on 2 v3s on ebay, gonna go ahead and give it a try if i win one. but every single person says they have v3 upgrades on theirs, how do i tell?

Radford University Paintball Team

|G.I. Sportz|Dye|Vforce|Draxxus|
|PEVS|
myhomieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:00 AM #9
edwardadkins3
Trashcan Mode [ON]

edwardadkins3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
edwardadkins3 is an NCPA player
edwardadkins3 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
edwardadkins3 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't personally know how you can tell the difference, but they would definitely be worth getting. If they had a release price at 1650, they were obviously intended to be THE high end gun to own. As long as you like the smooth shot or plan on sticking with the vapor, a **** resale doesn't mean anything.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:41 PM #10
aimeagle21
I'm kind of a big deal!

Annual Supporting Member
aimeagle21 is a Supporting Member
aimeagle21 plays in the PSP
aimeagle21 posts videos on PbNation
aimeagle21 plays in the APPA D4 division
aimeagle21 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The price drop is due to STUPIDITY (the fact that people do not know how to maintain a gun buy them). Don't take care of them and then say the gun sucks because it doesn't work right. Sorry, if you paid $1650 for any paintball gun you deserve to have your wallet emptied. It isn't the gun! DUH! I have now had 4 vapors and have never had anything go wrong.

V3 has a red can. Any other color is not V3. Simply register your vapor with Machine and they will mail you the v3 can and (I think it's) a voltage reg wire. The guns are easy to maintain and are the quietest and smoothest gun IMO.

Anyway, to summarize. Maintain your gun people! It isn't rocket science. Seriously, you need to lube/clean your DM24's and your luxe's all the way down to an Ion. Sooooo many people on here and at the fields think maintaining means putting in a battery or wiping the paint of the outside of their gun. Just because you have the money to buy a certain gun doesn't mean you're smart enough to own it.
Fierce Photography!

Old style trust
aimeagle21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:35 PM #11
wellsboy
BULL CITY BALLERZ

^ the price drop isnt because of stupidity, its because the marker isnt bullet proof like planet eclipse, luxe, dye. i gave this platform a fair shot, i've own 5 and had nothing but problems. i know how to tech and maintain markers, i tech my own and alot of other pbnation members, so if u like it or not the vapor is trash in alot of people eyes and numbers dont lie vapors as low as $450 lets you know what people really think of them . if the vapor were solid it would still be selling used for $900+. and resale is important , it tells u alot about the marker, the quailty, reliability, CUSTOMER SERVICE!! people not paying $650+ for a 2008 luxe 1.0 just because

Last edited by wellsboy : 09-25-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:36 PM #12
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

team_xile plays in the APPA D4 division
team_xile is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
team_xile is Legendary
team_xile supports DLX Technology
team_xile supports Empire
They need to compete with other companies, I mean, look at how cheap This is. Why would you spend 1600 on something when you can get the exact same thing for wayyyyy cheaper?
team_xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:55 PM #13
wellsboy
BULL CITY BALLERZ

and aimeagle 21, if u vouch for the vapor why are u trying to trade it for a luxe?? lol

Last edited by wellsboy : 09-25-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:53 AM #14
Hawkmoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsboy View Post
^ the price drop isnt because of stupidity, its because the marker isnt bullet proof like planet eclipse, luxe, dye. i gave this platform a fair shot, i've own 5 and had nothing but problems. i know how to tech and maintain markers, i tech my own and alot of other pbnation members, so if u like it or not the vapor is trash in alot of people eyes and numbers dont lie vapors as low as $450 lets you know what people really think of them . if the vapor were solid it would still be selling used for $900+. and resale is important , it tells u alot about the marker, the quailty, reliability, CUSTOMER SERVICE!! people not paying $650+ for a 2008 luxe 1.0 just because
Because the popularity of pro teams that use that marker has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with resale value. If a team like Houston Heat is successful and popular people want the guns and gear they use. What teams are popular using the Vapor? But if like Dynasty or Vicious or some other big name team switched over to the Vapor for their marker it would become more popular and the resale value would go up.
Hawkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:30 PM #15
wellsboy
BULL CITY BALLERZ

^ luxes have been maintaining there resale way before heat start using them, its a solid performer. luxes are ahead of the rest of the companies, almost every highend marker is compared to a luxe in some way or fashion.

Last edited by wellsboy : 09-26-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:37 PM #16
KronicCocker

has been a member for 10 years
Also keep in mind all markers are losing resale because its a buyers market right now. Most people don't have the money to buy paintball guns ATM. G6rs that sell for 1100 are up for 550-6 and they are a super reliable marker.
KronicCocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:15 PM #17
Hawkmoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsboy View Post
^ luxes have been maintaining their resale way before heat start using them, its a solid performer. luxes are ahead of the rest of the companies, almost every highend marker is compared to a luxe in some way or fashion.
Heat was an example. How are they ahead of other companies? What new technology does a Luxe have that no other marker does? A talking board? I don't think that really counts. That's a feature not new technology. Was the Luxe the first gun to go marcoless? The first to use a spool valve? I am confused on what DLX is ahead of the game on?
Old 09-26-2013, 04:22 PM #18
wellsboy
BULL CITY BALLERZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
Heat was an example. How are they ahead of other companies? What new technology does a Luxe have that no other marker does? A talking board? I don't think that really counts. That's a feature not new technology. Was the Luxe the first gun to go marcoless? The first to use a spool valve? I am confused on what DLX is ahead of the game on?
marcoless, laser eyes, talking board, tool less bolt removal all this back in 2008 what other company was doing that

macdev , planet eclipse, bob long or dye didnt have this back then, if u notice most of the companies are trying to incorporate these things into their markers now. thats why i said luxes were ahead

Last edited by wellsboy : 09-26-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:42 PM #19
Hawkmoon

didn't the Mini go macro less first? Eyes aren't revolutionary either those are 2001. Tool less bolt removal is a feature, not new technology. Technically Spyder beat DLX to tool less internal removal and so did Air Gun Designs. Talking board isn't really revolutionary. That's a nifty feature but it didn't change the game on gun design or operation. So what else do you have?

Last edited by Hawkmoon : 09-26-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:55 PM #20
wellsboy
BULL CITY BALLERZ

come on dude we talking highend guns that are $1250+ not a mini not a spyder, (dye, luxe, macdev, bob long) they are all trying to use something a luxe has already done. but thanks for the great debate!! u a good sport

Last edited by wellsboy : 09-26-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:00 PM #21
Hawkmoon

I am not trying to "win". I wanted to have a discussion about how popularity or "agg" or whatever its called now is really the driving force behind gun resale. When Dynasty was using LCDs all LCDs kept retardedly high resale value even AFTER the IR3 came out. Same with the spool valve Shockers, the "newness" of the design and the popular/winning teams used them. Vapors aren't popular so they have a ****ty resale value. Luxe are popular so they have a good resale value.