Ju1Ce
RIP Towlie

has been a member for 10 years
Ju1Ce plays in the PSP
Ju1Ce owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ju1Ce plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderchoke View Post
BYOP sounds nice, until you dig into the logistics of it. Some tard brings in some old paint that has hardened or he's frozen with dry ice, etc.
When has anything like that ever happened? In my 12+ years of playing I've never heard of anything like this.

$OG MW ARMY$
Ju1Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2012, 02:41 PM #23
Spiderchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ju1Ce View Post
When has anything like that ever happened? In my 12+ years of playing I've never heard of anything like this.
My points are:

1. anything can happen when you relinquish the control/moderation of it.
2. yes people have shot frozen paint.
3. yes paint gets old, some people wouldn't realize the risks and want to save $$$ (some old paint just sucks, but it can harden.)
4. I've been playing a long time, I've been shot with old paint.
5. We can't rely on the goodness of people to do the right thing.

It would be nice to have better quality paint to use. The issues with that would be that if you use shelf product, then people can bring their own as well. hence, you lose moderation of the ammunition.

That is why I suggest a higher quality field paint than I have experienced.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:28 PM #24
poptartpb
MidWest Represent

poptartpb plays in the PSP
poptartpb supports Team VICIOUS
poptartpb plays in the APPA D4 division
I agree that BYOP is a bad idea, but i have never heard or seen people freezing paint. And since the des moines paintball communitee is so tight nich if sombody did do it everybody would know n wouldnt let him or her play with them or even allowed at the field possibly
DSM DETOX #11 PopTart
KEE - Empire - ICU Paintball - DSS Paintball
ICU Paintball Referee
poptartpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:07 PM #25
eatmeat

eatmeat is a Supporting Member
eatmeat plays in the PSP
eatmeat owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Frozen paint???!!!! To start with getting hit by a frozen ball wouldn't hurt any more than taking a bouncer, (or a re ball for that matter) also paint gets more brittle when frozen! That's why they make winter brand paint duh. Even if someone would Put paint in their freezer think about, they would have to take it out to first bring it to a field, then spend all the time getting checked in and dressed, waiting for games to start, what are the odds that paint would still even be cold on a normal summer day? And the whole point of paintball is to leave paint on someone so who would do that?

Shoot i take my pizza bits out of the freeze and set them on the counter while I'm preheating the stove and have the time they are already starting to thaw.

Sorry I didn't mean to go off, but when I hear people talk about frozen paint it reminds me of when non weed smokers say the first time they smoked week they swear it was laced with something! (no that's just called getting high!!!) Gggrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Sorry both of these things drive me insane!!!!

I'll go back to calm mode now.
Thanks for dealing with me
Love
Brad

R.I.P. Jason "Towlie" Calef 11/18/2008 You will never be forgotten
NEW JACK CITY
MIDWEST ARMY OG
New Jack City's FaceBook Become a fan you wont regret it!
eatmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:16 PM #26
sballer

sballer plays in the PSP
sballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sballer supports Team VICIOUS
Hahah thanks for that Brad! Despite the humor in his rant he is right boys and girls, I dont think freezing paint is really to big of a deal!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:33 PM #27
alpinetraxxx
DSM Detox

alpinetraxxx plays in the PSP
alpinetraxxx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
alpinetraxxx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
alpinetraxxx supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmeat View Post
Frozen paint???!!!! To start with getting hit by a frozen ball wouldn't hurt any more than taking a bouncer, (or a re ball for that matter) also paint gets more brittle when frozen! That's why they make winter brand paint duh. Even if someone would Put paint in their freezer think about, they would have to take it out to first bring it to a field, then spend all the time getting checked in and dressed, waiting for games to start, what are the odds that paint would still even be cold on a normal summer day? And the whole point of paintball is to leave paint on someone so who would do that?

Shoot i take my pizza bits out of the freeze and set them on the counter while I'm preheating the stove and have the time they are already starting to thaw.

Sorry I didn't mean to go off, but when I hear people talk about frozen paint it reminds me of when non weed smokers say the first time they smoked week they swear it was laced with something! (no that's just called getting high!!!) Gggrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Sorry both of these things drive me insane!!!!

Love
Brad
You just made my life. haha
alpinetraxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:33 PM #28
poptartpb
MidWest Represent

poptartpb plays in the PSP
poptartpb supports Team VICIOUS
poptartpb plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmeat View Post

Love
Brad
lmao!
DSM DETOX #11 PopTart
KEE - Empire - ICU Paintball - DSS Paintball
ICU Paintball Referee
poptartpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:25 PM #29
Ju1Ce
RIP Towlie

Ju1Ce plays in the PSP
Ju1Ce owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ju1Ce plays in the APPA D3 division
Any pictures yet? I'm excited to see what this place looks like.

$OG MW ARMY$
Ju1Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:18 PM #30
pasky6997
Austin aka Pasky

pasky6997 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pasky6997 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pasky6997 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
pasky6997 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Sounds AWESOME!

I think the idea of this is coming along well...but like another person said, with iowa winters (not counting this year lol) they're pretty harsh and it would be better to have reball in the summer and them convert the indoor field to regular airball with FPO...to many idiots go and bring their 3 year old jt paint and its terrible...but id keep the prices reasonable..Like ICU for example Empire Heat for 60$ a case RIP OFF! id go there often if they just slapped 10 to the dealer price they get it for but instead they double it. Well me along with alot of others would like some pics!! get us a link or something! Good Luck on this project man! will defiantly be there opening day!
Halo B

pasky6997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:46 PM #31
sballer

sballer plays in the PSP
Guys this is great to hear, just remember when this field opens up its because of all the players that posted on here, this thread with 30 posts and 500 views is what completely convinced my investors that this was a great plan. As soon as I finish up the paper work and then take care of minor details sometime before july 4th then hopefully we will be up and running by the end of July! Oh and with an opening weekend 16 team tournament as well
Old 06-01-2012, 09:34 PM #32
dodgeballers_ia

dodgeballers_ia is BST Legit
dodgeballers_ia supports Team VICIOUS
I would assume this would be divisional, APPPA ranking? I might even come out of retirement for this lol.
dodgeballers_ia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:35 PM #33
sosca
Dr.LemonSoap

sosca owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
sosca owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
sosca supports Team VICIOUS
Well I'm visiting from Texas soon(June 23rd is when I fly up there) and I can tell you that indoor field down here failed. Mostly because Texas weather is always warm and there is no need for a indoor field. But since Iowa has crazy winters you can expect a good turn out. I'd stay away from the reballs because loaders tend to jail with them.

But if it's set up by then, then I will definitely come by and play.
sosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:43 AM #34
Guapofox
DSM Detox

Guapofox plays in the PSP
Guapofox supports Team VICIOUS
Guapofox has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Guapofox supports Empire
If done right, there is no reason that an indoor field won't succeed here in Des Moines. But with ICU already here, you need to make this better in order to succeed. Des Moines will not support 2 fields...neither will make money and both will end up failing.

2014 Vicious Axe for Sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4098481
Guapofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:28 PM #35
sballer

sballer plays in the PSP
thats why this also has outdoor fields and a home team to bring in other teams to practice against, not to mention that my fields prices will be awesome! But thank you for the concern
Old 06-04-2012, 07:52 PM #36
sballer

sballer plays in the PSP
message me man, I would love for extra help, and yah I understand what your saying no worries.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:01 PM #37
sballer

sballer plays in the PSP
Yah I know Brad, but we'll see how everything goes before I completely convert indoor to a full paint field purely because I dont know about anyone else but I dont think it would be fun to clean up the field every day before the soccer teams show up to play at nights!
Old 06-07-2012, 03:17 AM #38
MW.Easy-D
Coast Is No Coast.

MW.Easy-D is playing at Living Legends V
MW.Easy-D is playing at Living Legends VI
If you going to have field paint, I'd go for GI Sportz paint or Marballizers. The field I go to, the paint is okay. For BYOP, Id do a BYOP rule with paint filling colors. Like Pink or Orange can not be used cause of the staining reasons.

Thanks,
Dillon
MW.Easy-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:34 PM #39
dodgeballers_ia

dodgeballers_ia is BST Legit
So how are things comming along?
dodgeballers_ia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:25 AM #40
JUJU
Eat it BEEOTCHES

Annual Supporting Member
JUJU is a founding member
JUJU plays in the PSP
JUJU plays in the APPA D4 division
JUJU supports Empire
If you plan on running soccer in there as well GOOD LUCK. I know a couple of other fields that tried that and it was impossible to make it work unless you have some magical new cleaning method. Along with most paintball players being go hearted in most aspects but it will be that 3% that will make your life a living hell by shooting all kinds of stuff and leaving a mess all over the place.

Contact me on deals for the new Vanquish or Impulse

KW Factory Paintball Team

KW Paintball Field Owner
www.kwpaintball.com
JUJU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:46 AM #41
sballer

sballer plays in the PSP
hahah thank you juju but that is why it will be a while before real paint is up and running on the indoor field because well... I have yet to come up with my magical cleaning method but when I do.. It will be AMAZING!
Old 06-19-2012, 02:09 AM #42
Amphibious Warlord

I love the idea of a new place in the Des Moines area. I actually built my own woodsball field, and got a lot of help and great info here. I have a few ideas I'll throw out there. Hope it helps.

Turf- I understand that turf is expensive as hell, but it'd be well worth it. It's great for comfort, safety, and I think it just makes for better all around paintball. I don't know what your fundage situation is, but you could raise prices a little to help with the cost of turf. Sure people will ***** about higher prices, but people would ***** just as much about not having turf at all.

Make something parent friendly- I see it all the time. Parents that take their younger children to play paintball, and just sit on a bench looking bored as hell for hours on end. Give them something to do. Free WIFI would be great. Maybe a lobby with a large tv?

Multiple fill stations- Waiting in line for air sucks. We've all done it. I think there's been times I've spent as much time waiting in line as I have playing. If you can, use multiple fill stations in the staging area. That way, players don't have to wait as long to get their air filled. I suppose you could invest in a compressor of some sort, and possibly even have self serve fill stations. I'd have someone supervising this of course. Personally, I would have free air all day, and charge for co2. I'd have hpa tanks available to rent, and charge the same price to rent one as I would a co2 fill. Or just get rid of co2 altogether. Hpa is just all around better for your marker. It's consistent, and way better for your markers internals.

Be sure to change the field set up often- I've been to places that have never changed their field set-up, and I'll never understand why? You don't have to do it too often, maybe every other week or so, but it's always nice to have something new.

Make passes- Passes are great for people that plan on playing a lot. I'd do from a month all the way up to a year. Include the field fee as well as air in the cost of the passes.

Field paint- I'd go with field paint only for many reasons. Insurance and Liability is one reason. It's going to be on the the insurance application and they are going to prefer you using field paint. I know it doesn't happen much, but if someone brings in (God forbid) Monster Balls or something that they've had sitting around for years, or something they have tampered with, and it hurts somebody, you are going to have a mess on your hands. You don't want that.

You also don't want to have all this junk paint that's hard to clean up all over your field. You're going to put a lot of money into this thing, and you're not going to want it to be all stained up and trashed because of junk paint.

I'd imagine when you clean up, you're going to wash the paint into a drain of some sort. The city is going to ask you about what you're putting into these drains. They are going to want to know what's in the paint. If people are bringing in all types of crap, how are you going to know? You've got to cover your own ***.

I'm getting tired now, but here are a few more things. Stress safety, hire helpful people, and don't let beginners play with grizzled vets. These young people are the lifeblood of our sport. Lets no discourage them from playing. I hope this all helps you out. Good luck, and I can't wait to play on your field.

Last edited by Amphibious Warlord : 06-19-2012 at 02:13 AM.
Amphibious Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups