Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: What in YOUR opinion is the best pump accessories?
CCM 115 84.56%
CheckIt 13 9.56%
KAPP 2 1.47%
SM1 7 5.15%
WGP 9 6.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2012, 01:35 AM #22
eudaman
Professional Mis-informer

eudaman plays in the PSP
eudaman plays in the APPA D4 division
in my experience, everything needs tweaking to get the most out of it. some more than others. what you get out of it varies in degree also. i've seen people bad mouth a product because they have no idea what they are doing and expect to work exactly like some other product. what these so called "tinkerers" fail to realize there is a little more that slapping a pump kit on turning a few screws or even dare I even say take out of the box and airing the SOB up. when they can't figure things out or listen to people who are actually trying to help them, you'll find those neglected "babies" up on the B/S/T threads on PBN. with that being said, I've have/had probably almost every mass produced pump kit, tried countless accessories and even made some of my own. i've bought out of the box and i've built even more. i've taken turds and shined them up pretty good. to me, in the heat of battle, as long as its part of the process to put one of my balls on your face it really doesn't matter who made it... now as for paint, that is an entirely different conversation.

i apologize for the semi-incoherent rant, its almost midnight and i've been at work since 7:30am. i'm a little grouchy...
eudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:59 AM #23
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGerali View Post
What would you have chosen?
If you were to add a choice.
Good question. I mainly said that because I didn't want to think of every manufacturer I often source things from regular manufacturers, not pump-specific ones.

It's hard to beat CCM all-around, they are near the top of quality AND selection.
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:21 AM #24
Mirad
Cocker frenzy

CCM - Uncomfy for me to grip. It felt awkward.
Check It - ^ same as above.
SM1 - Loved it, but the pump handle set screws tend to loosen up after a few games. Loctite helps.
WGP/Team Hooptie - Feels right in my hands. I have a dual rod set-up with a Hitman Mod on my pump. IMO it has the smoothest pump stroke than the rest.

Try each one out and see what works for you.

Last edited by Mirad : 05-25-2012 at 04:25 AM.
Mirad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:02 AM #25
NGerali

Quote:
Originally Posted by eudaman View Post
in my experience, everything needs tweaking to get the most out of it. some more than others. what you get out of it varies in degree also. i've seen people bad mouth a product because they have no idea what they are doing and expect to work exactly like some other product. what these so called "tinkerers" fail to realize there is a little more that slapping a pump kit on turning a few screws or even dare I even say take out of the box and airing the SOB up. when they can't figure things out or listen to people who are actually trying to help them, you'll find those neglected "babies" up on the B/S/T threads on PBN. with that being said, I've have/had probably almost every mass produced pump kit, tried countless accessories and even made some of my own. i've bought out of the box and i've built even more. i've taken turds and shined them up pretty good. to me, in the heat of battle, as long as its part of the process to put one of my balls on your face it really doesn't matter who made it... now as for paint, that is an entirely different conversation.

i apologize for the semi-incoherent rant, its almost midnight and i've been at work since 7:30am. i'm a little grouchy...
But it was informal! I've had those days too. No worry, brother. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirad View Post
CCM - Uncomfy for me to grip. It felt awkward.
Check It - ^ same as above.
SM1 - Loved it, but the pump handle set screws tend to loosen up after a few games. Loctite helps.
WGP/Team Hooptie - Feels right in my hands. I have a dual rod set-up with a Hitman Mod on my pump. IMO it has the smoothest pump stroke than the rest.

Try each one out and see what works for you.

Yeah I have GAT, CCM, Checkit, AND Hooptie kits right now.

The two smoothest is

Hooptie, then Checkit
NGerali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:41 PM #26
chrispy1.5

chrispy1.5 plays in the PSP
chrispy1.5 supports Pev's Paintball
chrispy1.5 plays in the APPA D4 division
Hands Down CCM is the best pump company out there! I don't even have to read whatever everyone is saying about the other companies. Hands Down CCM!

Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1632768
chrispy1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:57 PM #27
NGerali

I don't know if that's just blind arrogance or you really like CCM.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:03 PM #28
CARLOSV2

CARLOSV2 plays in the PSP
CARLOSV2 plays in the APPA D3 division
i like check it products dont get me wrong ccm make good stuff but i think people need to try all the pump kits before they make a decision.

]batteries not included (bni) pump team
CARLOSV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:07 PM #29
NGerali

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLOSV2 View Post
i like check it products dont get me wrong ccm make good stuff but i think people need to try all the pump kits before they make a decision.

I've tried all of them besides vendetta, and CCM's trigger frame. I'm looking for a thin 45* or a 86* at the moment if anybody has one *hint hint*
Old 05-25-2012, 09:11 PM #30
NGerali

I have a 86* on the way here soon from a friend in Hawaii!

I will soon have a review with that to help you guys out.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:11 AM #31
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
I don't know if that's just blind arrogance or you really like CCM.
CCM is objectively probably the best. It's very hard to argue otherwise, especially not for a company that basically did CCM knockoff pump designs. Remember, you said best "pump parts company" not best pump kit or frame or any specific thing. As a company, CCM has the best combination of quality, design, peformance, selection AND service on the pump market right now.

I personally prefer WWA pumps over most CCM pump kits, but I would NEVER suggest WWA is a better pump parts company than CCM. As I said earlier, it's really not even close. Your poll results confirm this beyond a shadow of a doubt.
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices

Last edited by drgonzo : 05-26-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:19 AM #32
NGerali

I agree with you completely, they do have the fan base, the work, and the service to prove it.

Although i'm not a fan of there kits either.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:24 AM #33
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
I agree with you completely, they do have the fan base, the work, and the service to prove it.

Although i'm not a fan of there kits either.
I'm actually a fan of their kits, they are excellent design and performancewise, and they are pretty much the only company innovating the pump itself.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:28 AM #34
NGerali

I think there handles are odd, and often too big, as the Checkit tactical, with the 5 Ginormous o-rings.

one of the nicest pump handles i've had is the vendetta and the Hooptie.

I've never has WWA though.

Side note for you drgonzo, how good are the tightstick barrels?...
I've ordered one to test out.

Last edited by NGerali : 05-26-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:09 AM #35
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGerali
I think there handles are odd, and often too big, as the Checkit tactical, with the 5 Ginormous o-rings.

Have you tried the EZ grip or T-handle? The ergonomics, I think, are great. It's by far my favorite.

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever

Last edited by i8somepie : 05-26-2012 at 02:37 AM.
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:12 AM #36
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:

CCM handles aren't the most aesthetic, I agree with that, however ergonomically they are outstanding. I think the T2 pump is the best of both worlds but that pump is not available as a kit (the EZ handle isn't quite it). But CCM is innovating everywhere in the pump, the handle, the guides, the plate, the rods ... it's really outstanding.

Quote:
They are the best I could produce That was the idea, the best ideas together with the best manufacturing.

Last edited by drgonzo : 05-26-2012 at 03:28 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:18 AM #37
NGerali

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
CCM handles aren't the most aesthetic, I agree with that, however ergonomically they are outstanding. I think the T2 pump is the best of both worlds but that pump is not available as a kit (the EZ handle isn't quite it). But CCM is innovating everywhere in the pump, the handle, the guides, the plate, the rods ... it's really outstanding.

They are the best I could produce That was the idea, the best ideas together with the best manufacturing.
I don't like how there guide rod catches and scrapes some of the alluminum backplate of the pump handle itself.

And I'll sure take your word up on thos barrels, especially when mine arrives and I get a few faces
Old 05-26-2012, 06:53 PM #38
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
I don't like how there guide rod catches and scrapes some of the alluminum backplate of the pump handle itself.
It should not really do that ...

Quote:
And I'll sure take your word up on thos barrels, especially when mine arrives and I get a few faces
Hope it works well for you
Old 05-26-2012, 07:31 PM #39
NGerali

It's just a bent guide rod, ever so slightly.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:37 PM #40
senghing27
Gosh Dang.....

senghing27 plays in the PSP
senghing27 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
senghing27 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If we are talking strictly pump parts and related pump kits. CCM takes the cake.

Craftsmanship and quality is top notch. The plethora of options are endless for pump kits. Different colors options, pump handle designs, and single/double rod (double rod kits are rare), etc.

Hell, the T grip is the best thing since sliced bread, and I really like sliced bread.

I have used WWA, CIP, SM, and many others and well, CCM blows them out of the water.

9/10 times CCMs will be ready to go after installation. SM and other pump specific manufacturers have either given me headache or poor build quality.

Add to their superior products, CCM has AWESOME customer service and product support.

Just to add to that, here's a fun little story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
Everyone knows how much I love the gang at CCM.

Anyways, was playing the limited paint tourney at Spring Pump Event and somewhere between a dive and working the snake, the rail sliced and the awkward feeling of holding a marker with no back weight settled in...

[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/27senghing/SPE%202012/IMG_0055.jpg[/qimg]

Gave a call into CCM earlier today and I have a rail that will be sent my way!
Thank you Mel, Rod, Bill, and the rest of the fine people at CCM.
I lurb you all.

Vid of the carnage

With that being said. Am I blind fanboy? No, no I am not. I have given many companies a fair use of their products and constantly come back to CCM time and time again. I am a loyal customer and supporter of their products for the aforementioned reasons.

As for the OP's guide rod scratching the back plate, give a call into CCM and see if they can help you out. It really shouldn't be doing that.
senghing27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:08 PM #41
NGerali

This thread isn't just pump kits, but I thank you for the input my friend.

It was a general thread on voting on how you liked the company based on the fact they make various item to make our pumps shoot smoother
Old 05-26-2012, 10:19 PM #42
gospeedgo1

bolt: besales venturi bolt (less barrel breaks in winter with brittle paint)
pump kit: CCM or Check-it Vendetta
grip frame: debatable (hinge vs slider)
asa/rail: planet eclipse POPS
regulator: debatable as the stock WGP regulators do okay
Internals: i like the CCM springs with stock valve, just wish they were more efficient

cannot really just choose one.
gospeedgo1 is offline   Reply With Quote