Old 05-29-2012, 06:00 PM #127
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike is for the Gunfight
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
You could try making one out of poop, hey its free.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

I want your G6r parts and upgrades, sell them to me, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3808906
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2012, 11:41 PM #128
OSU1989
OSU

Annual Supporting Member
OSU1989 is playing at Living Legends V
OSU1989 is playing at Living Legends VI
OSU1989 supports Sherwood Forest
OSU1989 posts videos on PbNation
OSU1989 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
OSU1989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
OSU1989 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by the incubus View Post
The GEO may perform well, but I can't see how anyone can even suggest it's a good looking marker. I understand looks are subjective but really take a step back, and really L@@K at it...

The Body looks like a simple tube with threading on both ends, a feedneck and some minor surface milling and the eye covers almost like like an afterthought almost *** if someone said "hey wait a minute... we forgot to include the eye covers!", and the frame looks like an adapted Ego frame thrown on to complete it as best as it can fit.

The final product literally looks like an L. Leaves so much to be desired IMHPO.
I definitely agree, I've always thought that GEOs were some of the ugliest markers. Just looks like a tube.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
OSU1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:00 AM #129
sharkethic86
NOM NOM NOM

sharkethic86 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSU1989

I definitely agree, I've always thought that GEOs were some of the ugliest markers. Just looks like a tube.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Lol there's so many worse looking out there though don't you think?
sharkethic86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:03 AM #130
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

For me it's the ugly lump in the grip frame for the noid... I didn't know a paintball gun could get a goiter.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:19 AM #131
sharkethic86
NOM NOM NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty
For me it's the ugly lump in the grip frame for the noid... I didn't know a paintball gun could get a goiter.
Haha yea that spot is kinda funny. PE's own brand of personal gun cancer.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:50 AM #132
Calais

Calais owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Calais is for the Gunfight
Calais has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The FEP Quest was as close to a Bob Long spool as there is going to be, it had the same regulators and a very similar grip frame. When it first came out a lot of Timmy lovers told me they thought Bob Long made it. I doubt Bob Long will make a spool valve, I saw a video on youtube about him talking about a poppet vs spool when the Victory came out and he was saying that he thought a poppet valve was superior because the valve opens faster and can cycle faster, or so he said.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:19 AM #133
sharkethic86
NOM NOM NOM

If I had the money to buy another gun right now I'd probably go with a Victory tbh. I've heard it feels very much like a spool as well, but with poppet benefits.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:39 AM #134
blueshifty

As far as "feeling like a spool" to me the mini/ axe comes as close as any poppet. Again, I can't quite explain it but spools have a feel where the "kick" starts much sooner so it'd look like a plateau on a chart. Poppets have a feel with a very distinct peak in the "kick" when the poppet is being slammed open. Poppets have more of a vibrating/ rattling feel at high ROF where spools have a shaking back (If you've ever shot a glock with barrel porting and some without, then that'd be another comparison.)

The quest would be a great place to start for BLAST. I'd suggest some refinement to the drive train, but it'd make a perfect starting point for Bob.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:50 AM #135
sharkethic86
NOM NOM NOM

Yea I know what you mean by that feeling, which is why I always was a spool lover until I couldn't take the poor efficiency any more. I feel my tuned G6R mimics that smoother feel tho, but again, my most recent spool was a Geo2 so as we've pointed out it's not the absolute best comparison. I'd love to shoot a Victory and see what that's like though. I had contemplated an NT at one point too with high hopes for it having top end efficiency to go with the spool feel, but heard a lot of horror stories.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:33 PM #136
Hay10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calais View Post
The FEP Quest was as close to a Bob Long spool as there is going to be, it had the same regulators and a very similar grip frame. When it first came out a lot of Timmy lovers told me they thought Bob Long made it. I doubt Bob Long will make a spool valve, I saw a video on youtube about him talking about a poppet vs spool when the Victory came out and he was saying that he thought a poppet valve was superior because the valve opens faster and can cycle faster, or so he said.
Wasn't one of they guys from FEP previously employed by BLAST, or am i getting mixed up? Also look at the Quest and then look at the Marq prototype. I would love to see another new platform from BLAST but it would have to be absolutely over the top
Hay10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:20 AM #137
rkenders
Northern Colorado

And raising the dead...

If Bob Long made a spool...
1. 1700+ shots per 68/4500
2. Smoothness of a Clone VX or GT
3. Closed bolt!!! (I designed a single solenoid, closed bolt, balanced spool engine and have a couple more in the wings)
4. LP to the solenoid and bolt action
5. Balanced spool
6. Integrated "eigen ring" or air ram
7. Closed dump chamber and adjustable
8. 100 psi at the spool valve, 45 psi at the solenoid
9. Pull out bolt engine (in BL language..."motor")
10. Uses G6R12 frame/OLED, regs, cam drive ASA, feed neck
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070838
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4049998

Last edited by rkenders : 06-21-2012 at 06:25 AM.
rkenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:59 AM #138
Calais

Calais owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Calais is for the Gunfight
Calais has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
And raising the dead...

If Bob Long made a spool...
1. 1700+ shots per 68/4500
2. Smoothness of a Clone VX or GT
3. Closed bolt!!! (I designed a single solenoid, closed bolt, balanced spool engine and have a couple more in the wings)
4. LP to the solenoid and bolt action
5. Balanced spool
6. Integrated "eigen ring" or air ram
7. Closed dump chamber and adjustable
8. 100 psi at the spool valve, 45 psi at the solenoid
9. Pull out bolt engine (in BL language..."motor")
10. Uses G6R12 frame/OLED, regs, cam drive ASA, feed neck
Why?
Old 06-21-2012, 12:28 PM #139
rkenders
Northern Colorado

Closed bolt has several advantages:

1. Recoil happens after the shot so it doesn't impact accuracy
2. Since the bolt is already seated against the ball before firing, there is no roll back or ball settling issues
3. What are the quietest, smoothest and most accurate PB guns? Closed bolt guns. Just ask anyone who is a pump player.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:37 PM #140
blueshifty

At high ROF closed and open bolt behave very similarly and most of us seldom 1-ball. Since open bolts seal the breech completely before firing, I find it difficult to believe that it has any bearing on accuracy. Recoil after firing is true, again in the 1-ball environment, but where it occurs in a string would be less pronounced and would be more of a "feel" thing. This design intrigues me and just happens to be a closed bolt:

Old 06-22-2012, 04:14 AM #141
rkenders
Northern Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
At high ROF closed and open bolt behave very similarly and most of us seldom 1-ball. Since open bolts seal the breech completely before firing, I find it difficult to believe that it has any bearing on accuracy. Recoil after firing is true, again in the 1-ball environment, but where it occurs in a string would be less pronounced and would be more of a "feel" thing. This design intrigues me and just happens to be a closed bolt:

Interesting design!!! I've never seen this animation before, but one of my as yet incomplete closed bolt deigns works in a similar fashion. This IS a simple idea.

High ROF...
It is true that at low ROF's that there is a difference and that at high ROF's, you probably can't tell the recoil from the previous shot from the current shot. One of the advantages to a closed bolt design I didn't mention earlier is that the bolt and valve tend to operate opposite from each other which effectively takes mechanical recoil and cancels it out. when the bolt is traveling forward, the valve is traveling back and vice versa. It should make for a zero recoil gun, not really smooth, but literally no recoil at all. Ever shoot a well tuned G6r or Victory? They can be extremely smooth. A closed bolt design has the potential of making them seem like riding a bucking bronco! OK, OK a "slight" exaggeration, but you get the idea. On a different aspect regardless of ROF, you should see improved efficiency over open bolt designs since the ball is getting the advantage of 100% of the air burst and none of it has the chance to blow back up the ball stack or behind the bolt. I know all that is a timing issue and can be minimized, but any closed bolt design guarantees the bolt is 100% forward before the valve opens. Anyone who has tuned a cocker knows you have to set your sear and 3-way correctly to retract the bolt after the valve has completely cycled.