vicious 2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
vicious 2 supports Team VICIOUS
vicious 2 supports our troops
vicious 2 supports Pev's Paintball
vicious 2 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
!!!!barrel question!!!!

I'm in the market for a new Barrel, cause i don't seem to be getting everything i am looking for out of the Barrel kit's i use. I currently own a geo2 with a FULL shaft4 boost Barrel kit, but i mainly use my Dynasty championship edition FULL CP Barrel kit, which i really like, but isn't performing as great as i want it to, but it perform's better than my shaft4 kit! But im in the market for a new Barrel or Barrel kit, so was wondering what other people's opinion's were? I hear ALOT about the Dye CF Barrel, or was thinking of just ordering a FULL Dye ultralight kit, or also heard sly barrel's were GREAT barrel's (like the infamous or rockstar barrel's with the extra back's), or the deadlywind CF front's for the shaft4 Barrel back's, or the deadlywind CF Barrel with the freak inserts(but never heard great thing's about freak inserts, actually heard that they weren't good and actually have broke ball's with the aluminum back's) or now there are the GOG stainless steel freak kit, or a regular freak kit (but don't kno what's better, the ALL American, or freak front), and ALL other barrel's!! So basically if i could get some input on barrel's, and other people's opinion's on what they think is the best Barrel out there or what Barrel they use, also if people are having better results with single or two piece barrel's, i would greatly appreciate it, espically before i drop another $170-$250 on a Barrel kit that would have been a bad buy,lol!!
Thank's Alot!!
DYNASTY FAN CLUB MEMBER #541
Upton 187 Crew FAN CLUB MEMBER #12

Last edited by vicious 2 : 05-22-2012 at 02:41 AM.
vicious 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2012, 02:43 AM #2
vicious 2
??????

Mine
Old 05-22-2012, 06:18 AM #3
zoo520
dust black

zoo520 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
zoo520 plays in the APPA D4 division
The Disruptive kit is def worth checking out too.

PM8 / Poison Geo2 / Midnight Geo3
zoo520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:10 AM #4
Killer Carton
Give'm Welts

Annual Supporting Member
Killer Carton has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Killer Carton has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I really like my Sly classic kit (short control bore) and I imagine the Sly diesel kit (long control bore) would be great also.

Just got a Shift kit as well and I am very pleased with it.
Killer Carton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:50 PM #5
latrick1080

latrick1080 supports DLX Technology
latrick1080 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I've tried em all. this is what i have, similar to you. i have the cp dynasty kit with 4backs, i have the one that came with my csl, and i have my Dw fibur with a freak. THEY ALL WORK THE SAME> all my guns, dynasty print geo 2.1, CSL, and my NT11 all shoot ropes no matter what barrel i use on em. i have tried sly and techt and find that a longer boar seems to work great.
latrick1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:34 PM #6
Neon Lime

Neon Lime owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Neon Lime owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Neon Lime has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Neon Lime has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
What's wrong with the barrels you have?
Neon Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:23 PM #7
Venemous Fire

Annual Supporting Member
Venemous Fire is playing at Living Legends V
Venemous Fire owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Venemous Fire supports Team VICIOUS
Venemous Fire has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Venemous Fire has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Venemous Fire is Legendary
What are you wanting that your current barrels aren't doing for you? If its accuracy then that has a lot more to do with the quality of the paint.
Venemous Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:47 PM #8
vicious 2
??????

I just want to see what other people are shooting and what they think of their barrel's. I really LOVE my barrel's, espically my Dynasty CP barrel's, i just hear soooo much about either deadlywind carbon fibur shaft4 Barrel tips, or the Dye CF barrel's, even the ultralight Barrel kit, also does CF barrel's actually make a difference? Cause so many people talk about the difference a CF Barrel make's so basically is it true? Also the normal Barrel front is .70 so are CF front's that much different, so would the deadlywind CF Barrel front's really make a difference? So my question really is, is there a better Barrel out there than what i already have? I have had freak kit's which i NEVER liked, evil pipe kits, i found the ultralight to be almost as accurate as my Dynasty CP kit if not the same, and VERY true on what paint you shoot, and my barrel's HATE imperial, lol, but we get it insanely cheap (even though i like RPS better!!), so i really didn't explain myself better, basically is there a Barrel or Barrel kit that is good w/ ALL paint (cause i kno my shaft4 kit would chew up DXS gold Hellfire, and my CP and shaft4 kit hates imperial, depends on the weather w/ 4 star but 1&2 star just is horrible paint and for some reason marb's??, i found Gi 3 star, DXS silver, and RPS premium, ALL-STAR and evil/ultra-evil (but evil has to be FRESH, and i HATE valken, their NEW redemption suck's plus it's PURPLE, u can't EVEN see wen your laning off the break, NEVER mind seeing them coming at you!!) So really want to kno if there is a better Barrel on paint, better self-cleaning, and is CF really that much better than a non CF barrel (basically is a Dye CF Barrel that cost's $160 for 1 Barrel, actually better than my shaft4 kit that cost $150 for two back's and 16inch front. And better than my DYNASTY CP Barrel kit that was $170?) Just cause they do say u get wat u pay for, which if that's the case the Dye CF Barrel should be the BEST out there, sorry so long, just haven't EVER USED a CF Barrel, so have no clue wat the big difference is.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:49 PM #9
vicious 2
??????

Bump
Old 05-29-2012, 02:03 AM #10
Venemous Fire

Annual Supporting Member
Venemous Fire is playing at Living Legends V
Venemous Fire owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Venemous Fire supports Team VICIOUS
Venemous Fire has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Venemous Fire has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Venemous Fire is Legendary
Carbon fiber is more of a lightweight and looks thing. Really doesn't do anything performance wise. IMO the Dye CF barrel is a waste of money. For the same price you can get a Deadlywind Fibur barrel with the full freak insert set. If I were to be looking for a barrel kit then that is what I would go for but my 09's shaft 3 kit and my CSL's shaft 4 kit work perfectly fine.
Venemous Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:22 AM #11
FireFighter52
Remembering 343

FireFighter52 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Anyone hear anything bout the 2 piece cp dynasty barrel?
FireFighter52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:30 AM #12
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFighter52 View Post
Anyone hear anything bout the 2 piece cp dynasty barrel?
Isn't it just a regular CP 2 piece with some Dynasty logos lasered into it?
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:04 PM #13
vicious 2
??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
Isn't it just a regular CP 2 piece with some Dynasty logos lasered into it?
TOTALLY different than the CP barrel's, the bore is longer, the front of the Barrel is straight (not like the original where it is ribbed), also MUCH MORE porting than the regular CP barrel's, so they are WAY MORE quiet than the regular CP barrel's, also the Dynasty championship edition only come in a two piece Barrel/Barrel kit. And it is the BEST Barrel i HAVE EVER used, the ultralight is the only Barrel that is, IMO just as good, i was just wondering about CF barrel's b/c i never used one, so didn't kno the difference, but the DYNASTY CP Barrel is totally different than the regular CP Barrel's!!
Old 05-29-2012, 04:30 PM #14
FireFighter52
Remembering 343

I've narrowed it to the dynasty or the nightstick...decisions decisions
Old 05-29-2012, 04:32 PM #15
FireFighter52
Remembering 343

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious 2 View Post
TOTALLY different than the CP barrel's, the bore is longer, the front of the Barrel is straight (not like the original where it is ribbed), also MUCH MORE porting than the regular CP barrel's, so they are WAY MORE quiet than the regular CP barrel's, also the Dynasty championship edition only come in a two piece Barrel/Barrel kit. And it is the BEST Barrel i HAVE EVER used, the ultralight is the only Barrel that is, IMO just as good, i was just wondering about CF barrel's b/c i never used one, so didn't kno the difference, but the DYNASTY CP Barrel is totally different than the regular CP Barrel's!!

Nice write up btw good to know
Old 05-29-2012, 05:42 PM #16
vicious 2
??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFighter52 View Post
Nice write up btw good to know
Thank's, and i'd personally go with the DYNASTY CP kit, cause one, they are INCREDIBLE barrel's, two, they have a small kit with 3 back's and 14in tip for like $150 i think at ansgear.com (the cheapest place you'll find them, even cheaper than CP'S website, which last i knew was down, then the FULL kit is 5 back's and two front's, a 14 & 16 inch for only like $170 from ansgear.com, that's the one i got, and i own a Dynasty geo2 and it matches the marker perfect!!) Cause they are annodized the same way they annodize planeteclipse marker's, so if u own a PE marker the Barrel matches perfectly!! The ONLY downfall is it dosen't come with a case, cause they were $20 BRAND NEW, And CP couldn't find ANYONE to make the cases for that price, so either go on eBay or here and you'll find one easy!!!! Cause i started a thread on here (PbNation), and i had many people with offers, but what's good is they are only $20 BRAND new, and they made many different styles but i wanted the foam inserts and not much longer i came across a bnib foam style case and only paid $15 s/h included!! Also even if you order it from anywhere else than CP and on a back or front the color is off, just send cp a pic of the barrel's and they'll send u whatever the part was that was off color (front, back, etc.) For FREE, and you don't have to send the other part back (so what i did was sell the messed up color piece's to a friend for cheap) plus u don't have to pay s/h or anything!!!! They have AWESOME customer service!! So i'd go with the DYNASTY CP kit, or even the shaft4 Barrel kit!! Cause it's autococker threading and their INCREDIBLE barrel's, plus deadlywind make's CF front's for them (only $90 for a 16 & 14 inch front, or like $55 apiece) and Paintballgateway.com has them the cheapest!! Also my friend has just the shaft4 Barrel kit with only 2 backs an a 14 inch front (they are the cheapest at ansgear.com, they just don't sell deadlywind barrel's which suck's!) But he uses them on his axe and swears by the barrel's, so look into those also!! GL MAN!!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:58 AM #17
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venemous Fire View Post
Carbon fiber is more of a lightweight and looks thing. Really doesn't do anything performance wise. IMO the Dye CF barrel is a waste of money. For the same price you can get a Deadlywind Fibur barrel with the full freak insert set. If I were to be looking for a barrel kit then that is what I would go for but my 09's shaft 3 kit and my CSL's shaft 4 kit work perfectly fine.
CF barrels are always louder.

I just picked up a Lurker Eigenbarrel, I guess I will see how awesome it is this weekend.

I usually use a Kaner 2 piece, or if I needed smaller than .684 my J&J kit has a .682 back.

Honestly, for the price of the Lurker Eigenbarrel, I'd grab both their sizes and ditch barrel kits completely if I was in the market.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:11 AM #18
vicious 2
??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
CF barrels are always louder.

I just picked up a Lurker Eigenbarrel, I guess I will see how awesome it is this weekend.

I usually use a Kaner 2 piece, or if I needed smaller than .684 my J&J kit has a .682 back.

Honestly, for the price of the Lurker Eigenbarrel, I'd grab both their sizes and ditch barrel kits completely if I was in the market.
Where can i get the Lurker barrel's? And for the cheapest? Also i came across them once but totally forgot about them!! Who make's them (Eigen, that's the name of the company right?)
Old 05-31-2012, 09:38 AM #19
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Actually Lurker Paintball is the name of the barrel and eigen is their product lines (guess he thinks it sounds cool):

http://www.lurkerpb.com/barrels/the-eigenbarrel/

These barrels are all I shoot (until paint swells too much), I much preferred them over my furious and they are extremely cheap.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:49 PM #20
vicious 2
??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Carton View Post
I really like my Sly classic kit (short control bore) and I imagine the Sly diesel kit (long control bore) would be great also.

Just got a Shift kit as well and I am very pleased with it.
Interested in the shift kit, who make's them? And where's BEST Place to get them from? Thank's for your help.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:11 PM #21
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
Buy lurker stuff straight from Lurker.

You really aren't going to notice any difference changing barrels based on what I read from your posts.. Just buy more paint/practice, or buy better paint.

I've heard some people claim the CP barrels self clean better then others.. But personally I don't really believe any of that nonsense. I use a deadlywinds barrel, and sometimes when I want a shorter barrel I bust out my OG glued Dye Ultralight.

Also I don't understand why you made a thread saying you weren't satisfied with the performance of your current barrels.. and then went off on a long winded post saying how awesome they are and how other people should buy them?

TL;DR, stop wasting time swapping barrels and play paintball. They'll all shoot basically the exact same. Why do you think pro's don't bother ****ing around with barrels? They just use whatever sponsors give them.

Looking for some Gats?
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote