cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike is for the Gunfight
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
G6r Poppet problem?

So heres the deal, I just put my LP poppet in my G6r 12. So I air up the gun no leaks, then dry fire it a few times. Then when I am about to shoot it with paint, I dry fire it one more time and the bolt sticks forward and air comes leaking out. So I turn off the air and air it back up, the bolt returns to the rear and I try to dry fire again, with the same result. So I turn the air on then off again, and shoot it with paint, it seems to work, but I did notice it ate up more air than it should have and the shots seemed a little awkward.

Whats going on here? I am assuming its maybe the poppet not closing or something?

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

I want your G6r parts and upgrades, sell them to me, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3808906
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2012, 02:51 PM #2
eskeoto
Seriously!?

Is your poppit spring in backwards?
eskeoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:51 PM #3
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

I am no timmy expert, but it sounds to me like your LPR is too low.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:22 PM #4
shadowlinkad

I don't even have a spring, so my gun doesn't work, woop.
shadowlinkad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:27 PM #5
loki1313
I NEED MY MAKER'S

loki1313 plays in the PSP
loki1313 posts videos on PbNation
loki1313 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
are you sure your pressures are correct?
loki1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:23 PM #6
vesparider

vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskeoto
Is your poppit spring in backwards?
This. Have seen this a couple of times at the field.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:39 PM #7
FaxOli
Men Are Made Not Born

FaxOli helped look for balloons
FaxOli supports Team VICIOUS
FaxOli supports DLX Technology
Check your poppet and spring like stated above and make sure your bolt is sitting properly

FaxOli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:21 PM #8
ice-man

Take out your lpr and peek in there to see the spring is seated properly , there is a place thats machined out that the spring sits in, also make sure it is installed the right way little end on the poppet and big end facing the opposite way
ice-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:55 PM #9
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

I just checked, my pressures are correct, and when I had the tester on, I was able to dry fire, but it would make a really weird noise, it sounded like a shocker that wasnt lubed properly. The spring is in the correct way, though wether it is seated on the right ridge, im not 100% and I will disassemble again shortly.

I mean could it be the head on the poppet? I bought it used, but it looks fine to use, but I do have an extra head. Also I thought not 100% here, but I thought I heard a very very very very very small leak around the right eye cover. If there is a leak there, it is so small I am not even sure it is there.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

I want your G6r parts and upgrades, sell them to me, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:01 PM #10
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
What are your pressures and dwell at?

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:39 PM #11
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
What are your pressures and dwell at?
All electronic settings are stock, except for bolt delay I lowered it half a mil. HPR was ~200 and LPR ~75. With the new poppet it went from shooting 280-290 to shooting 295 - 310.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:42 AM #12
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

UPDATE:

I took the gun a part, and put it back together, only difference is this time I put the spring in the opposite body half of the poppet (I still had it in the right way the first time.). The bolt now has spring tension when I push it all the way forward, I dry fired a few shots and it now sounds about normal. I also put on the pressure tester, and dry fired a few shots and the shots sounded normal as well, but I did notice after every shot the pressure would go down a bit. The pressures were not creeping either, it was just kind of going down, but people are sleeping in my house as of now and cannot continue firing so I left it. Although I will say pressures are within acceptable levels.

Before I fired with pressure tester pressures were HPR ~210-205 LPR ~81

By the time I was done (like 3 shots later) the HPR ~195-200 LPR ~75

Since I havent really got to shoot a string, I still dont know if the problem is really fixed or even exactly why it happened, so if you have any information about the problem or the solution please post it still, thanks.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:40 AM #13
kendakilla
Army Black Knights

kendakilla owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kendakilla is an NCPA player
kendakilla supports Pev's Paintball
kendakilla plays in the APPA D5 division
the pressures normally go down when cycling the marker with the pressure tester on...

there is no problem as far as i can tell you just had to assemble your gun correctly... not sure what else you are looking for..............

"It's not brain science...It's simple" ---Bob Long
kendakilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:03 AM #14
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendakilla View Post
not sure what else you are looking for..............
As I asked above I wanted to know what else could cause that problem (in even lay'er mans terms, so to speak apparently.....). It seems kind of weird that just putting a spring in one side of the body first instead of the other, would actually cause a problem, considering it was still where it was supposed to be. Not to mention I havent tested it yet so I dont know if I have fixed it yet, so while I am waiting to test, I am trying to cross more things it could be off the list. Also if you read, I mentioned that I changed a part out, and the "new" part that went into the gun was used, so obviously trying to figure out if that could be an issue; it works, change something, then it doesnt, common sense wise, it should make me a little suspicious.

Well if the pressure was to go down after every shot with the pressure tester how would you get an accurate reading? I know the gun "breaks in" but I know its not dropping a couple PSI per shot, from "break in".

Old 05-22-2012, 11:48 AM #15
kendakilla
Army Black Knights

The spring was probably not properly seated on the end of the poppet which is why it was not sealing correctly. the only other reason you would have poppet problems like that is if the sealing face of the poppet was damaged. if its not leaking now and the shot sounds normal at the correct pressures then it is probably correct.

when i use my pressure tester and dry fire the marker the LPR gauge goes down due to the marker cycling and the pressure changing. it quickly goes back up to the appropriate pressure though i was simply pointing out that it is normal for the needle of the gauge to move--but of course return back to the proper pressure between each shot.

if yours is not returning to the proper pressure and your marker is assembled correctly, look into getting some higher quality gauges as it is a reoccurring problem with the new testers.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:22 PM #16
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is a Supporting Member
lopez17 is playing at Living Legends VII
lopez17 supports Pev's Paintball
lopez17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
lopez17 is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfl mike View Post
Well if the pressure was to go down after every shot with the pressure tester how would you get an accurate reading? I know the gun "breaks in" but I know its not dropping a couple PSI per shot, from "break in".
It's not that the tester drops off each time you fire but rather the first time or two that you fire. When you first gas up a marker it can "spike" the gauge from the air flow suddenly going through the regs, effectively shocking the system. Pressures can appear higher than they really are. By cycling the marker a few times you equalize the pressure, clear any minor spikes and normalize the readings. If you get slow recharge during cycling, that indicates other problems usually something in the regs or a pin valve in a tank that's not fully depressed.

Long story short, don't rely on the pressures without cycling a few times to normalize the reading.

lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:36 PM #17
loki1313
I NEED MY MAKER'S

loki1313 plays in the PSP
loki1313 posts videos on PbNation
loki1313 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopez17

It's not that the tester drops off each time you fire but rather the first time or two that you fire. When you first gas up a marker it can "spike" the gauge from the air flow suddenly going through the regs, effectively shocking the system. Pressures can appear higher than they really are. By cycling the marker a few times you equalize the pressure, clear any minor spikes and normalize the readings. If you get slow recharge during cycling, that indicates other problems usually something in the regs or a pin valve in a tank that's not fully depressed.

Long story short, don't rely on the pressures without cycling a few times to normalize the reading.
^^^This

which is also why you should fire 4-5 shots between each adjustment in pressure when sweet spotting or even using the tester, it gets a more accurate pressure reading
loki1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:35 PM #18
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki1313 View Post
^^^This

which is also why you should fire 4-5 shots between each adjustment in pressure when sweet spotting or even using the tester, it gets a more accurate pressure reading
I usually do take like 3 shots or so, but I know now I will just discard original air up readings.

To KendaKilla:

Thats actually something I asked about, because I bought it used, and I did notice some wear on the poppet head (where the spring goes into it), but I dont think that is the sealing face, but I was worried that could be my problem right there.

I am going to go try to test my marker now and see what happens.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:52 PM #19
WiSeGuY187
MAJOR LEAGUE INFIDEL

I had the EXACT same problem.
Its just a bad spring.
I got a replacement from BL and good to go.
High Octane #187

VAPOR VENDETTA
WiSeGuY187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:05 PM #20
kendakilla
Army Black Knights

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfl mike View Post
I usually do take like 3 shots or so, but I know now I will just discard original air up readings.

To KendaKilla:

Thats actually something I asked about, because I bought it used, and I did notice some wear on the poppet head (where the spring goes into it), but I dont think that is the sealing face, but I was worried that could be my problem right there.

I am going to go try to test my marker now and see what happens.
yeah the side that connects to the spring is not the sealing face it is the back portion that connects to the steel or brass rod. let us know how it turns out and hopefully you are squared away after.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:41 AM #21
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

Well I tested it, no chops, no sticks, no funny sounds. Though it did seem like it ate air. I shot a pod and had at least 1200 psi, now I am down to like 900-950. Not sure if any of this can be attributed to other variables like temperature. I think I am just going to wait til Sunday and see what happens. I know I was probably shooting a little hot though, it was probably shooting around 310 FPS.

One thing I did find weird though is when I had the gun apart, I found SO MUCH dam Dow 55 everywhere in that gun. I mean I have never maintained it in those areas yet, so it must have come from Bob Longs that way. I mean there was like mounds of this stuff in the air ways, though I dont think it was blocking anything, and I would think it would get ejected from the gun.

I have also been getting this annoying *** problem where the board randomly shuts off on me. Its a 12, but I think I am going to have to send it to bobby for that one.