PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-09-2012, 04:27 PM #631
Tempted (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGrrrr View Post
I don't know what you are referring to.
Rickson has lied about his accomplishments and record for years. He only has about 5 fights on his record, not 400. He gave himself belt promotions as well. Royce is the best Gracie. He has fought the most documented fights and beat real fighters.

On another note, did you know that Al Bundy from Married With Children is a BJJ black belt under the Gracies?
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2012, 04:48 PM #632
Tempted (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iquadra View Post
Wouldn't mind seeing Bigfoot vs. Struve in the future to be honest.
When Struve fills out and hits 265+ he might be the champ for a long time. He has skill and the most range of any fighter in UFC's history. He is a dirty fighter though. I don't remember who it was against but I remember watching him fake a glove touch and get in a cheap shot. He won shortly after via TKO.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:50 PM #633
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
Royce is the best Gracie. He has fought the most documented fights and beat real fighters.
Gracies: The best ones avenge losses by juicing.

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
]TSS[ Dake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:19 PM #634
BodyCount81
Jerrah

BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
I don't think Struve stands a chance against the top tier guys at HW. Cain, Nelson, Carwin, JDS, and Mir will beat him.

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:37 PM #635
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

JoshGrrrr is a Supporting Member
JoshGrrrr is playing at Living Legends III
JoshGrrrr supports our troops
Quote:
Rickson has lied about his accomplishments and record for years. He only has about 5 fights on his record, not 400. He gave himself belt promotions as well. Royce is the best Gracie. He has fought the most documented fights and beat real fighters.

On another note, did you know that Al Bundy from Married With Children is a BJJ black belt under the Gracies?
Rickson has never lied about anything. He is 400-0 in competition, this includes grappling matches. He's had 11 MMA fights on record, countless challenge matches on video that were not at a legit event, numerous fights in Brazil, and more. He has 1 official loss, ever. Many people claim it's not a legit loss because the rules were not explained. He thought it was a grappling match. He was taken down, and the match was stopped and he was declared the loser. He acknowledges that his happened, but he himself doesn't consider this a loss.

He has never given himself a belt promotion. His belts are as legit as they come.

Royce is the best gracie? Royce is one of the worst of the Gracie brothers. He will tell you himself that Rickson and Royler are 10x what he is. Renzo, Royler, Rolls, and Rickson are all better than Royce.

Rickson Gracie is the best submission grappler that has ever lived. This is not even debatable. Modern world champions like Andre Galvao have rolled with him recently and say they got submitted by him countless times without ever being able to submit him. These are young, big guys who are in their prime and are considered the best in the world at the moment. His knowledge when it comes to grappling is unmatched.

No offense, but you really don't know what you are talking about man.
JoshGrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:20 PM #636
Tempted (Banned)

No offense but I know exactly what I'm talking about. Royce is not the best fighting Gracie, he is the Gracie with the best fighting history.

Have you ever seen Rickson fight? He relies on strength, not technique. Helio Gracie developed this art with smaller, less naturally athletic people in mind. It is built around use leverage and joint manipulation rather than strength. Rickson is brutish in his ways, he is not as technically sound as Royce. His submissions are much more labored than most of the other Gracies and he strikes to damage. The Gracie way is to be able to submit your opponent without damaging them.

Rickson was lamented by Helio for his false claims. Sparring sessions do not count as a match. If that were the case my record would show 1000 matches, not the 0-1 record I carry. If grappling counts as a match then I can add another 200 wins from my competitive wrestling days. I have a 6-1 local tournament point match record, that doesn't show up either.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:22 PM #637
Desperado_Ghost
Professional Professional

Desperado_Ghost is playing at Living Legends V
Desperado_Ghost is for the Gunfight
Desperado_Ghost is for the Gunfight
Desperado_Ghost posts videos on PbNation
Desperado_Ghost is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The best BJJ guy I have ever rolled with would be Ricardo De La Riva. I would love to attend a Rickson seminar.

On current topic despite what Helio has said, one has to respect Rickson and his legacy. The man has very human side just like the rest of us and has been through his own life battles that make his ring bouts look like a walk in the park in comparison.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:31 PM #638
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

If you say Rickson relies on strength, you really do have no idea what you are talking about. I just attended his seminar. My instructor trained under Rickson. My school and all of the black belts at my school are a direct result of Rickson's teachings. I'm very aware of his techniques. Saying he is brutish is just dumb. He teaches BJJ the way Helio wanted it taught more so than any other Gracie. If he relies on strength, how did he regularly beat people who are bigger and stronger than him? Rickson is known for having excellent technique. That's what sets him apart from his brothers. His technique is much more refined. Saying Rickson is not as technically sound as Royce is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard anyone say regarding BJJ... period. The Gracie family themselves say Rickson technique is "the finest expression of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu in the world".

BTW, Gracie jiu jitsu has always contained strikes, especially from mount. Every Gracie strikes to damage, unless it is against the rules of the competition they are currently in.

He said he was 400-0 in competition, he was clear that included grappling matches, challenge matches at his gym, etc. That can never really be confirmed, but the fact is... no one has any record of him being beaten in anything..ever other than that sambo match I mentioned earlier.

Helio's complaint about Ricksons record wasn't that the numbers were incorrect, but that he didn't think he should have included challenge matches, etc.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:30 AM #639
Tempted (Banned)

You say Gracie Jiu Jistsu but there is no such thing. It pisses me off to see it. Helio was certainly the most influential person in our sport but he didn't invent the art. It is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Gracie only streamlined it. The striking portion of BJJ is more of an adopted Muay Thai than their own. The very first Art I was trained in is Tang Soo Do which also incorporates mostly Muay Thai style striking along with Tae Kwan Do style restraint and forms. Its been about 15 years since my last Tang Soo Do class(Acworth House of Karate closed down and I never went to another school) so I'm not as current as I could be on it. We won't agree on Rickson, that is apparent, so there really is no reason to continue the argument.

On a separate, and nearly embarrassing note, anyone else been asked to shave their armpits before a scored match? I mean I know I'm a hairy guy but still. Not my chest or legs, just my pits.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:06 AM #640
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu definitely did not exist before the Gracies. That is a fact. The striking portion of BJJ adopted Muay Thai? WTF are you talking about? Muay Thai strikes from the ground?

After this last post and some of your comments in your earlier posts I can only assume you are either really dumb, confused, or just trolling.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:15 PM #641
pball72008

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGrrrr View Post
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu definitely did not exist before the Gracies. That is a fact. The striking portion of BJJ adopted Muay Thai? WTF are you talking about? Muay Thai strikes from the ground?

After this last post and some of your comments in your earlier posts I can only assume you are either really dumb, confused, or just trolling.
Have to agree with everything that Josh is saying, not sure what that other guy is talking about....
pball72008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:55 PM #642
Tempted (Banned)

Man, Helio must have been 50 years older than he told everyone.

"The art was brought to Brazil by Mitsuyo Maeda (1878-1941), a student of Kodokan Judo with a history of challenging and interacting with other combat arts."
Old 10-10-2012, 05:58 PM #643
Tempted (Banned)

Also...

"Sport Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu's focus on submissions without the use of strikes while training allows practitioners to practice at full speed and with full power, resembling the effort used in a real competition. "
Old 10-10-2012, 06:05 PM #644
pball72008

Quote:
Also...

"Sport Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu's focus on submissions without the use of strikes while training allows practitioners to practice at full speed and with full power, resembling the effort used in a real competition. "
Then why did you say?

"The striking portion of BJJ is more of an adopted Muay Thai than their own."
Old 10-10-2012, 06:12 PM #645
Tempted (Banned)

Because BJJ doesn't incorporate strikes directly. They base it on other striking arts.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:18 PM #646
pball72008

Base what on striking....?
Old 10-10-2012, 06:34 PM #647
Tempted (Banned)

You're dense. The striking practiced by a BJJ practitioner is not from BJJ. It is based on other arts and adapted to be used effectively with BJJ. Since Muay Thai is more of a close quarters striking art it is the most often used to compliment BJJ.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:35 PM #648
MarkParris
CK Mafia

MarkParris is a Supporting Member
MarkParris owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lol tempted you might as well give up
Old 10-10-2012, 06:37 PM #649
pball72008

Quote:
You're dense. The striking practiced by a BJJ practitioner is not from BJJ. It is based on other arts and adapted to be used effectively with BJJ. Since Muay Thai is more of a close quarters striking art it is the most often used to compliment BJJ.
Why would a BJJ practitioner use striking in the first place if they are doing bjj?
Old 10-10-2012, 07:15 PM #650
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

I think Tempted is the dumbest person I've ever argued with. His comments are so bad he HAS to be trolling.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:49 PM #651
Tempted (Banned)

I think you're a poser who reads a lot on MMA forums but has never taken a punch.