PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 12:25 AM #1786
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

has been a member for 10 years
Thanks much guys. Still feel like bis and tris are lagging, but iiwii.

Similar from about 2 years ago

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2013, 10:02 AM #1787
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Srs progress.

Especially in the beard department
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Old 01-03-2013, 08:52 PM #1788
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike posts videos on PbNation
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Haven't posted pics in a while guys...sorry. Life's gotten a bit busy with things, here's one from a few months ago to tide you over (may have posted it already, not sure...don't feel like delving into other pic threads searching )

Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Old 01-03-2013, 09:07 PM #1789
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Solid Bi's

"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Old 01-04-2013, 06:37 PM #1790
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

Dirtybirdy51 is a Paintball photographer
Wheels pic (first time uploading from the iPhone)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-3621154666.jpg (486.9 KB, 143 views)
Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
AUD- passed, REG- passed, BEC- passed, FAR- scores due 3/10
Old 01-04-2013, 07:36 PM #1791
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Impressive legs, almost looks photo shopped IMHO.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:28 PM #1792
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

Thanks pump. Former fat kid legs.
Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
Old 01-05-2013, 08:49 AM #1793
Obey-193
Timmy Mastro

Annual Supporting Member
Obey-193 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Obey-193 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Obey-193 posts videos on PbNation
Obey-193 plays in the APPA D4 division
What are some exercises I can do to get that tear drop on my thighs , my thighs are really big just can't get that define maybe I have lose some body fat .
Old 01-05-2013, 09:36 AM #1794
FHS JewFro
black AND white

leg extensions, if you have a HS leg extension that you can do each leg one at a time, those things are pretty beast imo

close stance stuff for da quad sweep
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
Old 01-05-2013, 10:17 AM #1795
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

Also somersault squats

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:32 AM #1796
hsilman
Disgustipated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey-193 View Post
What are some exercises I can do to get that tear drop on my thighs , my thighs are really big just can't get that define maybe I have lose some body fat .
in my opinion, no particular exercise will give you the "tear drop" look, however some are good for quad hypertrophy, which when cut down will give you whatever shape your genetics have given your leg.

Since I've only made systematic changes in my program in the past, and not usually gradual ones(with few exceptions) I can't tell you a specific exercise that has helped, but the LEMUR protocol of a heavy quad focused exercise like followed closely by high rep leg extensions has definitely done the most for my growth.

I think you'll find if you lose fat, the "tear drop" will start appearing(assuming you have enough muscle mass). What you need to do to make it "more defined" is probably just get bigger/stronger leg muscles.

I would say at least 8/10 posters on this forum still need to focus on strength, and keep hypertrophy secondary, in order to maximize our aesthetic potential. This doesn't mean do ONLY strength work, but if you aren't getting stronger, you aren't going to grow as efficiently.

Contrast this with someone like Lurker, and paintballhoodlum. based on the numbers I see them pumping out, they can shift the focus to more rep work as their muscular strength is much closer to the maximum threshold.

This doesn't mean that "programming" is irrelevant. In my own experience, working with the same weights now(give or take), I am finding I have much more LBM having done LEMUR for the past 4 months than I did when I was this strong doing 5/3/1. It's a continuum of programming.

short question, way too long answer.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:44 AM #1797
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

More concise:

The tear drop is a result of adequate mass and a sufficiently low bf%.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:46 AM #1798
Obey-193
Timmy Mastro

Annual Supporting Member
Obey-193 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Obey-193 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Obey-193 posts videos on PbNation
Obey-193 plays in the APPA D4 division
Yea I know my bf will prolly never get that low , my quads are really big ill take pics later . For 15 years of my life I roller skated so that give me really big thighs and calfs .
Old 01-05-2013, 11:14 AM #1799
Pump Revolution
It is what it is

Muscle shape is mainly genetic. Layne norton for example, squats like 700lbs, yet still has a mediocre quad sweep.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:36 AM #1800
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
in my opinion, no particular exercise will give you the "tear drop" look, however some are good for quad hypertrophy, which when cut down will give you whatever shape your genetics have given your leg.

Since I've only made systematic changes in my program in the past, and not usually gradual ones(with few exceptions) I can't tell you a specific exercise that has helped, but the LEMUR protocol of a heavy quad focused exercise like followed closely by high rep leg extensions has definitely done the most for my growth.

I think you'll find if you lose fat, the "tear drop" will start appearing(assuming you have enough muscle mass). What you need to do to make it "more defined" is probably just get bigger/stronger leg muscles.

I would say at least 8/10 posters on this forum still need to focus on strength, and keep hypertrophy secondary, in order to maximize our aesthetic potential. This doesn't mean do ONLY strength work, but if you aren't getting stronger, you aren't going to grow as efficiently.

Contrast this with someone like Lurker, and paintballhoodlum. based on the numbers I see them pumping out, they can shift the focus to more rep work as their muscular strength is much closer to the maximum threshold.

This doesn't mean that "programming" is irrelevant. In my own experience, working with the same weights now(give or take), I am finding I have much more LBM having done LEMUR for the past 4 months than I did when I was this strong doing 5/3/1. It's a continuum of programming.

short question, way too long answer.
I really fundamentally disagree with this, and I feel like the "Get strong first" mentality is pushed across the internet. While I agree that strength is an important factor in gaining LBM, who hasn't gotten stronger from a hypertrophy based routine. As a corollary, it's not a surprise that you have guys that compete at 160 lbs in powerlifting competitions whose numbers blow anyone in this forum clean out of the water. If you want to be a powerlifter, train like one. If you want to be a bodybuilder, train like one. If you watch some IFBB footage you will see that they aren't training or even performing their movements anything like a powerlifter would. The vast majority of pros that I have watched don't lock out their movements and train in much higher reps.

I don't like the idea that you have to have the bb.com standard (225, 315, 405) before you can even think about training in higher rep ranges. Not to mention, in my opinion programs like SS will make you strong, yes, but it was also leave you lagging in important areas, and probably sitting around 18%+ bf, which is not a great confidence boost for someone new.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:20 PM #1801
tanner202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
Muscle shape is mainly genetic. Layne norton for example, squats like 700lbs, yet still has a mediocre quad sweep.
Strong agree with this. Ive got the tear drop at ~15% bf and my quads are nothing impressive. Quad sweep on the other hand is the bane of my existence and I am "do you even legs?" status if my quads are unflexed. Not sure if a high quad insertion is a possible thing but my quads have always been much stronger than they look

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 01-05-2013, 01:21 PM #1802
tanner202

Double post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Parts Player12 View Post
I really fundamentally disagree with this, and I feel like the "Get strong first" mentality is pushed across the internet. While I agree that strength is an important factor in gaining LBM, who hasn't gotten stronger from a hypertrophy based routine. As a corollary, it's not a surprise that you have guys that compete at 160 lbs in powerlifting competitions whose numbers blow anyone in this forum clean out of the water. If you want to be a powerlifter, train like one. If you want to be a bodybuilder, train like one. If you watch some IFBB footage you will see that they aren't training or even performing their movements anything like a powerlifter would. The vast majority of pros that I have watched don't lock out their movements and train in much higher reps.

I don't like the idea that you have to have the bb.com standard (225, 315, 405) before you can even think about training in higher rep ranges. Not to mention, in my opinion programs like SS will make you strong, yes, but it was also leave you lagging in important areas, and probably sitting around 18%+ bf, which is not a great confidence boost for someone new.
Slightly agree here as well. I think incorporating both heavy and high rep exercises will help maximize aesthetics at a quicker rate. Im partial to programs such as LEMUR and PHAT because Ive seen such great progress with them

"Originally posted by pillowpants: i dont know how to decipher this chart, then again, i do go to a community college."
"Originally posted by Mr.AmaZiN: did you just use an apostrophe for want?"
"Originally posted by pb123456789: Or call her a **** and proceed to textrape her."
"Originally posted by dualimpact: They haven't walked in on me but they know, I'm a screamer."
Old 01-05-2013, 03:10 PM #1803
Nikilwig
Double Up

Nikilwig plays in the PSP
Nikilwig is for the Gunfight
Nikilwig is for the Gunfight
Beginners should just do Starting Strength and just slowly add in higher rep assistance/isolation work, it's not rocket science. Move on to Madcows or PHAT after that, or create your own routine. I wish I started off like that.

Have you shot a Vangaurd Demon yet?
Vanguard Demon | NXE | GI SPORTZ | Ninja Paintball | Warzone Paintball | Shadow Barrels | RAZA
Old 01-05-2013, 03:16 PM #1804
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

Squirrelly Wrath supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtybirdy51 View Post
Wheels pic (first time uploading from the iPhone)
You're gonna look reeeaaalll joocy after a cut bro. Got some solid shape to ya, now.

Genetics.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:46 PM #1805
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
That feel

Old 01-05-2013, 04:02 PM #1806
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly Wrath View Post

You're gonna look reeeaaalll joocy after a cut bro. Got some solid shape to ya, now.
Thx SW. If I finally look a little bit like I lift, that's a big accomplishment for me.
Closed Thread