PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-11-2013, 10:38 PM #1
cjam93

cjam93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cjam93 plays in the APPA D4 division
Wanting to do Insanity ...

Hey guys so I am wanting to start doing some of insanity. I have a body weigh routine for strength training that I really enjoy and insanity will only be for my cardio and explosiveness in paintball. I know that the plyometrics video would be great for this. I was wondering what other videos I should do out of the insanity collection as well? I will be doing it probably 2-3 times a week, and the rest of the time I will continue with my strength training. So which videos would you think would be best for my goals? Thanks!
cjam93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2013, 10:41 PM #2
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

has been a member for 10 years
If you're going to do Insanity, do Insanity. Don't nitpick the program apart to make your own bastardized version.

If you want to keep doing your own program, just incorporate sprints and interval training into your routine rather than wasting money on a program you're not going to use.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:47 PM #3
cjam93

I have insanity from a friend actually so I wouldnt be spending money. Im sure that between insanity or just sprints then Insanity would be better for me, right? So just what videos would be better for increasing speed and agility?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:49 PM #4
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

I don't know. I haven't done Insanity.
Just integrate sprints and look up some agility drills to do.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:51 PM #5
cjam93

Ok

So can anyone chime in that has done it before? Id love to hear from someone with some experience with the program.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:09 PM #6
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

I give you good advice, you ignore it.
No one here has done it. I've known plenty who have...doing what I said is just as, if not more effective for your goals.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:19 PM #7
cjam93

Im not ignoring it, I am taking into consideration. However you shouldnt be so fast to assume your opinion on something that you have no experience in is absolute. Therefore before making a decision on what I am going to do, "Id love to hear from someone with some experience with the program."
Old 04-12-2013, 12:07 PM #8
FHS JewFro
black AND white

I agree with taco. ive started, and finished insanity and doing both strength training and insanity is a recipe for disaster.

Incorporate sprints of varying length as well as agility drills for your foot speed and you'll do just fine. Oh and hill sprints are the ****, jus sayin
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: You guys are ridiculous, haha. Thanks though, just tryna look like a shaved ape. And the half foot of height Lurk has in me will always make my physique less impressive :tup:"

"Originally posted by WorldStrike: Drop the ego. The weights on the bar will lie to you, the mirror never will."
FHS JewFro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:12 PM #9
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Sounds insane
Pirate Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:40 PM #10
Wally
Tricky Tricky Stuff Yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mafia View Post
Sounds insane
icwatudidthur
Old 04-12-2013, 04:15 PM #11
NeCanes
TBO

NeCanes plays in the PSP
NeCanes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NeCanes plays in the APPA D4 division
NeCanes is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
you will need to pick up a shake weight if you want to get the most out of the insanity work out
NeCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:16 PM #12
arod11

arod11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
arod11 is an NCPA player
arod11 plays in the APPA D4 division
arod11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
insanity is for the weak minded
Old 04-13-2013, 06:57 PM #13
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Do a football routine if you want explosiveness. I highly doubt NFL and college players do insanity or p90x for explosiveness. Squat variations, box jumps, hang cleans and movements like that are what make you explosive. Just type in Google "football explosiveness routines" or something and you'll get good results.
paintballh00dlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:54 AM #14
outlawst
Bill

outlawst plays in the PSP
outlawst owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
outlawst supports Team VICIOUS
outlawst plays in the APPA D4 division
I've done all 5 beacbody programs, insanity,insanity asylum,both p90x and p90x2 as well as body beast. I did each program as described on the calendar and followed the. Nutrition program the best of my ability. I'm doing a hrbrid of insanity as well as asylum every other day in between lifting with the body beast program. I would also suggest intermittent fasting with the lean gains program. If you would like more advice contact me through pm. But as the Hodge twins say its just advice....in the end you can do what the f... you want good luck bill
~GI Sportz Trade my Gun Paintball Plex HK~ Bill Ash #3
outlawst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:17 PM #15
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawst View Post
I've done all 5 beacbody programs, insanity,insanity asylum,both p90x and p90x2 as well as body beast. I did each program as described on the calendar and followed the. Nutrition program the best of my ability. I'm doing a hrbrid of insanity as well as asylum every other day in between lifting with the body beast program. I would also suggest intermittent fasting with the lean gains program. If you would like more advice contact me through pm. But as the Hodge twins say its just advice....in the end you can do what the f... you want good luck bill
Bill do you go to a gym here in town? I go to the Iron Pit on Miller and love it. 24 hours and has everything you'd ever need.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:17 AM #16
outlawst
Bill

outlawst plays in the PSP
outlawst owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
outlawst supports Team VICIOUS
outlawst plays in the APPA D4 division
No, I invested in weights and equipment. Love the bow flex 552 and 1090 as well as assorted dumbbells. I can complete my daily grind, shower and doing other things by the time most people waiting in the gym to do there next routine. Although the motivation with your peers is a big plus.
~GI Sportz Trade my Gun Paintball Plex HK~ Bill Ash #3
outlawst is offline   Reply With Quote