PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-20-2012, 05:37 PM #1
Vo1com
Wh4t

Vo1com owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Ego 8 Noid Harness

Just picked up an Ego 8 and after taking it apart and cleaning it, ive noticed that the harness which connects the noid to the board is broken (more specificly, the black wire which goes into the connecter which plugs into the board has snapped/broke off)

Is it possible to fix this or am I looking at having to get a new noid?
Vo1com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2012, 06:55 PM #2
tinopaintball

Annual Supporting Member
tinopaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tinopaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tinopaintball supports Team VICIOUS
tinopaintball supports Team VICIOUS
tinopaintball supports DLX Technology
any pics?
Vicious CSL #3 --- Candy red ninja 68/45 --- SEED Rotor
Etha --------------------Ninja 68/45----------- Rotor
tinopaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:52 AM #3
Enter The Nutty

Enter The Nutty owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Enter The Nutty has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
if the wire came out of the harness then you can fix it. It's a pain in the ***, but I did it with my eye harness. I used an earring to push out the connector inside the harness. To do so you need to push the earring up through the hole that it connects to the board with, you will need to kind of angle it so the connector pops out.

Once out, you need to spread the connector open. I used a knife to do this. Then you need to feed the wire into the connector. I had to cut a little rubber off the wire to expose more metal and left it so there was rubber in where you need to crimp the connection back together.

Now use a pair of needle nose pliers to crimp the wire in place. Then take pliers and put one side on the connector and the other on the other side of the harness. When you squeeze the pliers together it will push the connector back in, and Bam! Good as new.

I apologize for any vague names I may have used to describe things...I worked last night and have now been up over 24 hours. If this is what you need to do and have any sort of questions, PM me. This isn't the easiest way to go about things but any money saved is awesome in my book. It will be a pain in the *** the first time you do it, but this works on MOST electronic harnesses out there.

Last edited by Enter The Nutty : 05-21-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Enter The Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:29 AM #4
Vo1com
Wh4t

Vo1com owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enter The Nutty View Post
if the wire came out of the harness then you can fix it. It's a pain in the ***, but I did it with my eye harness. I used an earring to push out the connector inside the harness. To do so you need to push the earring up through the hole that it connects to the board with, you will need to kind of angle it so the connector pops out.

Once out, you need to spread the connector open. I used a knife to do this. Then you need to feed the wire into the connector. I had to cut a little rubber off the wire to expose more metal and left it so there was rubber in where you need to crimp the connection back together.

Now use a pair of needle nose pliers to crimp the wire in place. Then take pliers and put one side on the connector and the other on the other side of the harness. When you squeeze the pliers together it will push the connector back in, and Bam! Good as new.

I apologize for any vague names I may have used to describe things...I worked last night and have now been up over 24 hours. If this is what you need to do and have any sort of questions, PM me. This isn't the easiest way to go about things but any money saved is awesome in my book. It will be a pain in the *** the first time you do it, but this works on MOST electronic harnesses out there.
This was excatly what I was thinking of doing, wanted to double check before I did anything tho. I will get some pics posted in a few minutes.

Thanks
Vo1com is offline   Reply With Quote