Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-18-2012, 05:44 PM #1
lonsch

has been a member for 10 years
Question 10 year old + sidewinder. What to do.

It's at least 10 years old. It's so old it had the ping sound coming from it when you shot your marker. The swivel part is flat not round like the new ones. If anyone knows what I'm talking about you are old.

Anyway, I haven't used it in 6 or 8 years. is there any hope of updating it at all or it working again? What should I do?
lonsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2012, 05:55 PM #2
IrishRedneck86

IrishRedneck86 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IrishRedneck86 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Assuming AKA didnt change the internals at all size wise you should be fine by just getting a rebuild kit for her. I know what your talking about I had that type on my 04 Highlander when I had it except it didnt have the ping when shooting.
WHY GIRLS SHOULD DATE A PB PLAYER: 1.WE KNOW HOW TO GET DOWN AND DIRTY. 2.WE ALWAYS WEAR PROTECTION. 3.WE HAVE AT LEAST A 14 INCH BARREL. 4.WE FIRE OFF HUNDREDS OF ROUNDS WITHOUT GETTING TIRED. 5.WE KNOW HOW TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. 6.WE CAN FIT INTO TIGHT SPOTS. 7.WE LOVE TO BE AGGRESSIVE. 8.WE NEVER FORGET TO LUBE OUR PRODUCTS. 9.MONEY IS NO LIMIT. 10. A CONDOM IS A MUST
IrishRedneck86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:01 PM #3
skinnyfatguy
AKA-holic

skinnyfatguy is a Supporting Member
Are you sure the ping sound is coming from the regulator? I've heard it from tank regulators (mostly GA Myths) and from the hammer/ram assembly on a gun, but never a Sidewinder. AKA sells the replacement o-ring kits on their website. That, a bit of oil, and a bit of cleaning is all I've ever needed to get an old, neglected up and running like a champ.

skinnyfatguy's Collection | My WTB List
MCB Feedback | Old PBN Feedback | CC Feedback | eBay Feedback
skinnyfatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:39 AM #4
lonsch

Thumbs up

Thanks guys. I'll look into a rebild kit. Anyone have a link?

Yes, the first batch (or whatever) of sidewinders made a ping sound every time you fired(if your gun wasn't loud). They came out with a free fix for it pretty fast. Get a old timer on here that worked for AKA or something to back me up. Anyone that lived in Indiana and played tournaments in like 2001-2003 will know what I'm talking about. That's a history lesson for you guys.
lonsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:24 AM #5
TheePsycho
Sadist

TheePsycho is a Supporting Member
TheePsycho is playing at Living Legends VII
Well would just need for Dan to chime in.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:59 AM #6
THE Hulk
AKA Fan

I am picking up a V2 LE and I'm curious about the Sidewinder. Torn between rebuild the Sidewinder or get an SST match ano. I'm gonna have barrels, AKA drop, CP ASA, etc match ano so adding an SST isn't a big deal. And I want medium Sidewinder top so my hand can fully wrap around the Sidewinder. I need to ask the previous owner about the Sidewinder...Perhaps it's been rebuilt?

I believe the SCM3 is newer so I'm not worried about it. But it's black and matches the rest of the front pneus. I like black over chrome...That's just me though.
THE Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote