Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2012, 03:23 PM #1
eninn (Banned)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Women's rights in Islam

Islam gave women rights and privileges at a time when only barbaric manners and values ​​dominated.
Yet, some people argue that Islam has alienated women in some domains. In fact, this belief is a misconception. People who say so, may have read about it in a magazine or seen it on TV. A quick examination of the issues judged as unjust to women will certainly correct the misunderstanding.

Man as the head of the household:

Some people believe that a woman in Islam is regarded as inferior to man since the Quran says (what means): "Men have one degree above women." [Quran 2: 228]



In the Quran it also says (what means): "Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allaah has given the one more than the other and because men support them from their means." [Quran 4:34]

This verse implies that it is a man's duty to support his wife, and not the reverse, but this, in no way, makes him superior to her.

In fact, the rights and responsibilities of a woman are equal to those of a man but they are not necessarily identical. Since men and women are not created identical, they have different physical and emotional qualities, jobs and privileges. This does not mean that women are inferior.

On the contrary, women are considered crucial members of society in Islam since they are assigned the job of bringing up future generations. People today tend to look down at housewives but, in fact, raising children is one of the most important and difficult tasks. The way a mother brings up her child determines the way he will behave in the future. This duty, which requires patience, love, understanding and wisdom was significantly assigned to women in Islam because her nature suits this job.

Allaah The Exalted, in His Wisdom, has assigned a role for each member of the family so that there would be no arguments concerning who should do what. If a sailboat has two leaders, each will want to follow a path, leading ultimately to chaos and even a crash. In the same manner, how many times have your parents fought over some decision because each had their own point of view and wanted to apply it? This is precisely why it is preferable to have one leader for each household. However, this does not give the leader the right to be a dictator, or to neglect the role of his companion. This does not make him superior to other members of his family. It just gives him a larger duty.

Inheritance:

Some people claim that Islam is unjust towards women because it entitles them to inherit half of what men get. In fact, those people only know one side of the truth.

First, the principle of women inheriting half the money is only applicable in 45 percent of the cases. In the other 55 percent, women inherit the same amount or sometimes even more. For example, a mother and a father each inherit the sixth of their son's property when they are not the only inheritors.

In addition, the laws of inheritance in Islam are proportional to the duties of spending. Indeed, a man in Islam has the responsibility of supporting his family, his brother's children (when his brother dies), his parents (when they retire and do not have an income), his children from his previous marriage (if he has them) and his household, including his wife and children. A woman, on the other hand, does not bear this responsibility. She has the freedom to use the money she collects from her dowry or work as she pleases.

You might object here, saying that women today are working and helping their husbands pay the expenses, which entitles them to share equality with men. In fact, you should know that women's economic assistance to their husbands, which has become the norm today, is only an answer to the females' wishes. Islam does not oblige women to spend on their households. It is a free choice many women have themselves taken today to feel more liberated, so it does not entitle them to a bigger portion of the inheritance.

Polygyny:

Polygyny is one of the most questioned principles that Islam grants men and women. Indeed, many people wrongfully accuse Islam of injustice because it allows a man to have up to four wives. Nevertheless, like every instruction in the Quran, polygyny has a reason. You see, Islam is a practical religion that acknowledges the needs and temptations of human beings and provides laws that deal with them, thus preserving harmony and morality.

- Polygyny might be the solution for a couple if the wife is barren, the husband wants children of his own and the option of separation does not appeal to both parties.

- If a woman is chronically ill and is unable to perform her marital duties. Polygyny may also be the solution when the couple does not want divorce.

- Polygyny is the religion's answer to cases where some men have excessive sexual needs that cannot be fulfilled by one wife. This in no way means that men should abuse this right and use it whenever they fancy a woman. It is rather a chance Islam has provided to prevent men from committing adultery. Many people who condemn polygyny cheat on their wives, calling this phenomenon a 'swift affair.' Islam, at least, has offered the second woman the option of being called 'a wife' rather than 'a mistress', especially in some countries where women remarkably outnumber men.

- Polygyny may settle the problem of an increased number of unmarried women, especially during wars.

However, polygyny has some limits and conditions to be met. Indeed, the Quran instructs the man to be fair with his wives on all levels, including treatment, money, house, etc. The only level where the man may have an uneven stance is the level of the feelings that he cannot control:

The Quran says (what means): "You will never be able to do perfect justice between wives even if it is your ardent desire, so do not incline too much to one of them [by giving her more of your time and provision] so as to leave the other hanging [ie neither divorced nor married]. And if you do justice, and do all that is right and fear Allaah by keeping away from all that is wrong, then Allaah is Ever-Forgiving and All-Merciful. " [Quran 4:129]

Finally, it is worth knowing that Islam gives a woman the right to refuse polygyny for her husband by setting it as a condition during the marriage procedures. If this condition is set, then the woman is granted divorce if her husband marries another while he is still married to her.

You might ask, why could not there be polyandry (a woman having more than one husband)? The answer is simple. Islam did not allow it because Allaah is All-Aware that it will create a problem of kinship. This means that the child may not know who is actually his father (it could be anyone of the four husbands). In addition to the psychological damage it may cause, this problem also complicates the issue of inheritance. Even birds and animals do not allow polyandry.



This is the status of women in Islam; where terrestrial systems of systems of Islam just heavenly, Terrestrial systems does not sponsor women's dignity, since disowned the father of his daughter, while the age of eighteen years or less; to go out wandering on her face

Islam has honored women, and make it honorable man unlike systems that prepared the source of sin, and take away their right to ownership and responsibility, and makes them live in humiliation and contempt, and prepared by the unclean creature?.

Islam has honored women on the reverse of making women a commodity trading her body in propaganda and advertising?.
Islam has honored women in contrast to systems that are transmitted to swear allegiance to a deal to marry a wife; to be a property of the husband? Some even held their synagogues; to consider the fact whether it is women and the spirit of human beings or not? !.

Thus we see that Muslim women in worldly terms happy with her family in the confines of her parents, and care for her husband, her children, whether dander in the event of her childhood, or youth, or Hermha, and if their poverty or richness , or her health or her illness.

If there is shortening of the right of women in some Muslim countries, or of some to associate Islam - he is a failure because of ignorance, and distance from the application of the laws of religion, and the burden in on the mistake and religion is unconnected with the consequences of those shortcomings.
The remedy for that error can only be by reference to the guidance of Islam and its teachings; for the treatment of error.

The Western civilization can hardly know anything of such meanings, but look at the women look purely material, you see that hijab and chastity backwardness and reactionary, and it must be a puppet of tampering with every fallen; That is the secret of happiness for them .



Is it the means of education, culture, wear tight clothes and transparent and short?!.
Then any dignity when placed belles images in advertising and promotions?!
Why not promote them, but the beautiful Belle, if exhausted past her beauty and her adornment and threw neglected like any other machine that has expired? !.

And share a few beauty of this civilization? And the share of elderly mother, and grandmother, the old man?.
The share at best be in shelters, and the role of the infirm and the elderly; where visited and ask them.
And may have a share of the pension, or the like, shall devour him until you die; the womb is not there, and no link does not close the Crown.

The women in Islam, the more advanced age of increased respect for, and the greatness of its right, and compete with her children and relatives to honor her - as stated above - it does what is it, and who have remained at their children, and grandchildren, and her family, and society.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD4AE16O2NU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3z9Fxgx5PM
eninn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2012, 04:05 PM #2
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior
 
Paper_Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
 has been a member for 10 years
yeah... I'm not reading all of that.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:11 PM #3
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
In fact, the rights and responsibilities of a woman are equal to those of a man but they are not necessarily identical. Since men and women are not created identical, they have different physical and emotional qualities, jobs and privileges. This does not mean that women are inferior.


You know, I never thought I'd find myself agreeing with anything the Islamabot copies and pastes here, but this statement is very true.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:26 PM #4
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity
 
SupraSuper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Of course it's true. It's so obviously true that it's sad society has lost touch with reality to the point where we even have to debate such clear, petty things. Only a moron liberal, feminist, or radical egalitarian would be dumb enough to say otherwise.

And I've never found a faith that placed women on such a high pedestal and gave them as much honor and respect as Islam (except maybe Baha'i). It is miles and miles and miles ahead of Judaism in every aspect of women's rights.
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:26 PM #5
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior
 
Paper_Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSuper View Post
Of course it's true. It's so obviously true that it's sad society has lost touch with reality to the point where we even have to debate such clear, petty things. Only a moron liberal, feminist, or radical egalitarian would be dumb enough to say otherwise.

And I've never found a faith that placed women on such a high pedestal and gave them as much honor and respect as Islam (except maybe Baha'i). It is miles and miles and miles ahead of Judaism in every aspect of women's rights.
How about rules of inheritance?
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:51 PM #6
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSuper View Post
Of course it's true. It's so obviously true that it's sad society has lost touch with reality to the point where we even have to debate such clear, petty things. Only a moron liberal, feminist, or radical egalitarian would be dumb enough to say otherwise.

And I've never found a faith that placed women on such a high pedestal and gave them as much honor and respect as Islam (except maybe Baha'i). It is miles and miles and miles ahead of Judaism in every aspect of women's rights.
My understandings of Indo-European culture is that they held a reverent attitude towards women.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:22 PM #7
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity
 
SupraSuper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
How about rules of inheritance?
The rules of inheritance make perfect sense. In Islam, a woman is NEVER, under ANY circumstances, required to spend any of her personal finances on the family/husband/anyone but herself (she is even given a marriage gift...in American culture the engagement ring is the same idea) Men ARE REQUIRED to spend the money they earn to provide for the family, and in turn men need the money.

My parents relationship has made this law extremely logical. I've never, once in my life, seen my mother spend any of her money on groceries/furniture/anything. It's always with my fathers money. In addition, she makes a higher salary AND comes from a super wealthy family, while my dad was raised in the slums of Giza. Wanna know what my mom spends her money on? Jewelry, clothes, and purses....trust me, her brother (my uncle) needs a greater portion of their parents inheritance than she does.
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:16 AM #8
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior
 
Paper_Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSuper View Post
The rules of inheritance make perfect sense. In Islam, a woman is NEVER, under ANY circumstances, required to spend any of her personal finances on the family/husband/anyone but herself (she is even given a marriage gift...in American culture the engagement ring is the same idea) Men ARE REQUIRED to spend the money they earn to provide for the family, and in turn men need the money.

My parents relationship has made this law extremely logical. I've never, once in my life, seen my mother spend any of her money on groceries/furniture/anything. It's always with my fathers money. In addition, she makes a higher salary AND comes from a super wealthy family, while my dad was raised in the slums of Giza. Wanna know what my mom spends her money on? Jewelry, clothes, and purses....trust me, her brother (my uncle) needs a greater portion of their parents inheritance than she does.
I'm sorry, but when did anecdotal evidence count when observing a society?
If you want to use that, lets say for example a woman who is in her 40's, still has kids underage but is past her prime for marriage. Where does her husbands money go if there are no other benefactors? How does she live? Is she then reliant on her husbands family or her own? Suppose her own parents had died?

Maybe when all people inherited was some land and a few cows that would have made sense, however in today's society that fails to hold up.


Also, this whole business about infertility, you realize men can be infertile as well right? I know they didn't know much about babies in 600AD, but we do now. So, lets say a man takes on another wife/concubine/baby factory and it turns out he is the one who is infertile? Again, a bronze age book fails to hold up when compared to the knowledge we have today.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 05-22-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:44 AM #9
wavesport001
 
 
wavesport001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The River
Lol @ Islam.
__________________
"It is always better to have no ideas than false ones; to believe nothing, than to believe what is wrong." -Thomas Jefferson

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:32 PM #10
eninn (Banned)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UdJtJx4SrA
eninn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:43 PM #11
Spock
Live Long and Bluster
 
Spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SE PA
Spock is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSuper View Post
Of course it's true. It's so obviously true that it's sad society has lost touch with reality to the point where we even have to debate such clear, petty things. Only a moron liberal, feminist, or radical egalitarian would be dumb enough to say otherwise.

And I've never found a faith that placed women on such a high pedestal and gave them as much honor and respect as Islam (except maybe Baha'i). It is miles and miles and miles ahead of Judaism in every aspect of women's rights.
So who's wrong about Islam, you or the vast majority of people who practice it around the world who treat women like cattle?
__________________
"Once I make someone die, and they see me....they can't change their mind." -- God

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:44 PM #12
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child
 
ProtoBaller1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago
ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
holy tl;dr
__________________
OG-Seven Deadly Sins
I do tv show things
320gb External Hard Drive F/S


Instagram
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:45 PM #13
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity
 
SupraSuper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
So who's wrong about Islam, you or the vast majority of people who practice it around the world who treat women like cattle?
Have you ever been to a Muslim country? Sounds like you are talking out of your ***. While one could argue women aren't given as many rights as they should be, to say they are treated like "cattle" just makes you look like an ignorant idiot, not worthy of any discussion (which you've already confirmed with your collection of dumb *** posts)

Last edited by SupraSuper : 05-23-2012 at 07:06 PM.
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:00 PM #14
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
I think the Iranian Revolution of 1979 should have taught us that forcing our notions of "freedom" upon a people that don't want it is far from a good idea.
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:03 PM #15
Spock
Live Long and Bluster
 
Spock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SE PA
Spock is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSuper View Post
Have you ever been to a Muslim country? Sounds like you are talking out of your ***. While one could argue women aren't given as many rights as they should be, to say they are treated like "cattle" just makes you look like an ignorant idiot, not worthy of any discussion (which you've already confirmed with your collection of dumb *** posts)
Iran is a shining example of Islamic law in action, no? Perhaps I'm wrong, but which of these is not actually a law in Iran?

Quote:
Article 1117 of the Civil Code states that the husband may ban his wife from any technical profession that conflicts with family life or her character.
Quote:
Article 300 of the Penal code states that the "Deyeh" of a Muslim woman is half of the "Deyeh" of a Muslim man. By law the life of a woman has half the value of a man in Islamic criminal law in Iran.
Quote:
Article 18 of passport law, married women requires their husband's permission to apply for a passport.
Quote:
Article 102 of Iran’s Constitution indicates: "Women who appear on streets and in public without the prescribed ‘Islamic Hejab’ will be condemned to 74 strokes of the lash.”
Quote:
Article 105 of the Civil Code "In the relationship between a man and a woman, the man is responsible as head of the family." The Council of Guardians, has decreed, "A woman cannot leave her home without her husband's permission, even to attend her father's funeral".
__________________
"Once I make someone die, and they see me....they can't change their mind." -- God

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:54 PM #16
eninn (Banned)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Islam respect women
And Muslim women
Comes first
In the life of a Muslim man
Unlike women in the West
Is a cheap commodity
Recognition
Women of the West


- Says Glenda Jackson carrier Oscars awarded by the Queen of Britain and the medal of the highest state medals, which was awarded the British Academy Award, Festival Montreal World says: (The instinct made man is the most powerful and dominant building on to his reasons for the force to make it in the first place, including summed up by the power of God move in life, and extract its resources, it is self-serve when the man that qualify automatically to face the burdens of life, development, and sustained in the areas of life).
B - the U.S. women's leader (Fleche Hlavi) called on women to the need for attention to the husband and children before the job of interest, and must be the husband is the head of the family and the commander of rudderless.
C - In the recent book about the life of English writer famous (Agatha Christie) it is stated as saying: (The women of modern joint-stock; because their position in society is getting worse day by day; we women act act a fool; because we have made the effort over the years; for the right to work and equality in working with men.
And men are not stupid; Hjona has it that advertisers do not mind at all that the working wife and the husband's income has doubled.
It is sad to find that after we proved we women fairer sex weak that we get back in the day to equate effort and sweat, which was awarded to men and alone).
D - says an American psychologist: (Any woman who said: I am sure myself, and went out without censor or kill herself it Haseeb and chastity).


Of women's right to divorce
At any time
From the era of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him
Gave to the Mirror
The right to divorce from her husband
So far
God says in the Quran



21) And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought


(3) And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of [other] women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one or those your right hand possesses. That is more suitable that you may not incline [to injustice].



(6) Lodge them [in a section] of where you dwell out of your means and do not harm them in order to oppress them. And if they should be pregnant, then spend on them until they give birth. And if they breastfeed for you, then give them their payment and confer among yourselves in the acceptable way; but if you are in discord, then there may breastfeed for the father another woman


229) Divorce is twice. Then, either keep [her] in an acceptable manner or release [her] with good treatment. And it is not lawful for you to take anything of what you have given them unless both fear that they will not be able to keep [within] the limits of Allah. But if you fear that they will not keep [within] the limits of Allah, then there is no blame upon either of them concerning that by which she ransoms herself. These are the limits of Allah, so do not transgress them. And whoever transgresses the limits of Allah – it is those who are the wrongdoers.


الإسلام و المسيحية........... Islam und Christentum - YouTub

احمد ديدات الزواج و الطلاق فالإسلام - راااااائع - YouTube
eninn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:18 PM #17
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eninn View Post
Islam respect women
And Muslim women
Comes first
In the life of a Muslim man
Unlike women in the West
Is a cheap commodity
Recognition
Women of the West
Despite the fact that you are a soulless machine, you make a decent point about western culture. Although I believe western culture treats all it's citizens like commodities. Cogs to be sold to and nothing more. Stop posting here.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:17 AM #18
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Do the mods just find this funny? Or is this a punishment of some sort?
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:08 AM #19
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior
 
Paper_Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
 has been a member for 10 years
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:09 PM #20
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity
 
SupraSuper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
I thought this thread was about womens rights in Islam?
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:16 PM #21
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
St rp doesn't have topics. Every thread is dogmatic atheists versus dogmatic theists. With a few posters being exceptions to that rule. Paper cut is one of those.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump