PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-07-2013, 12:12 PM #1
pierreram3

Question Looking for Eyes for Quest...

Hi,

I have a quest that has the WAS board in it and I was told by the tech that my eyes are no longer working and need new ones. I been going through old posts on here and see there are different eyes for different boards. So my question is should I just replace the eyes and if so which ones work with WAS board or Should I get a new board with new eyes combo?

Thank you,
pierreram3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2013, 07:50 PM #2
Demo2222

Annual Supporting Member
I would just get new eyes. Did the tech say why they weren't working?the difference in the eyes is the little clip that plugs into the board. The Lucky brand boards use one kind of connector and all the other brands use the other kind.
t
these will work with the was board http://www.ebay.com/itm/FEP-QUEST-EYE-SET-FIRST-ENDEAVOR-PAINTBALL-HARNESS-EYES-/261093354542?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cca60 6c2e&_uhb=1

Last edited by Demo2222 : 02-07-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Demo2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:30 PM #3
pierreram3

Thanks demo for replying.. He didn't tell me the reason just that my eyes don't work. How would I know if my board is still working since I've read here that the WAS board is known of having issues.

Also if board is still good should I just stick with it and get new eyes or get the lucky board combo from critical paintball.

Again thanks for helping out. I've had the quest for a more then a month now and luv it. Just want to make sure I have it running smooth..
Old 02-07-2013, 08:49 PM #4
Demo2222

Annual Supporting Member
with the was board you can turn the eyes on and off so I'd say try turning of the eyes and if the marker works with the eyes off than the board is fine.
pretty sure to turn off the eyes you power on then press the power button again briefly, the led should then flash I believe with eyes off.

I would just stick with the board you have and get some eyes. If that doesn't set you straight then I'd go the board route. I would just stay with the non lucky series stuff if I were buying new. Don't get me wrong Lucky boards are great I like them. It's just that they have that different eye connector that can be a bit trickier to find than the other more standard molex on the others
Old 02-07-2013, 09:06 PM #5
pierreram3

Yea the marker was shooting good when I used it on Sunday in the bitter cold on Sunday with a few chops if that. I'll get the eyes for now and go from there. Would I be able to change eyes my self or you recommend I take it to a tech?
Old 02-07-2013, 09:21 PM #6
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Vegard is Boss
Changing the eyes isn't a tough thing to do, but it depends on how comfortable you are with techy things.

Take off the grips, unplug the wire from the board, detach the frame, detach the eyecovers and everything from there on out is selfexplanatory.
-growing older is mandatory – growing up is optional-
Vegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:36 PM #7
pierreram3

Ok sounds like something I can do. Thanks for the help guys.. I'm sure ill have more questions in the future on the quest.. Can't wait to go out to the field and use it again!!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:15 PM #8
Demo2222

Annual Supporting Member
just be extra careful with the small stuff like the detents, detent springs, and screws. Easy to lose kinda tough to replace. Also be overly cautious when re-attaching the body to the grip frame not to pinch any of the wires. Also worth noting to be as delicate with all the wires as you can. Don't bend them or pull them just kinda guide them if that makes sense.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:30 AM #9
pierreram3

Looks like I fixed the problem. It seems the eyes were not broken after all. I took the frame off to just check it out since I've read here if a cable is pinched it can be a reason eyes not working and looks like that was the problem. I reattached the frame and now it blinks green when turned on and blue when I start pulling the trigger.

Thanks for the help!!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:33 AM #10
Demo2222

Annual Supporting Member
awesome!
glad to help
Have fun!