PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-14-2012, 10:56 PM #1
Gamer USA
RON PAUL 2012

Gamer USA owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Gamer USA has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Are Planet Eclipse bags worth the price?

PE bags fetch a pretty high price but I was curious if they were worth that price? I see many other paintball bags and even more non-paintball bags for much less.

I'm wondering if there is something that I am missing.

Right now I am using a Tippmann player bag but am starting to outgrow it. My main marker is an EGO so a Planet Eclipse bag would be nice for me to stick to brand.

So basically is the PE bag worth it or should I be looking at something else?

Even if you are out of shape and have no skill, you can still play woods-ball.
Gamer USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:31 PM #2
Gamer USA
RON PAUL 2012

Honestly one of the biggest pluses is having internal pod holders and a way to strap down the tank like my Tippmann player bag.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:28 AM #3
ROCKNROLLA

ROCKNROLLA plays in the PSP
ROCKNROLLA plays in the APPA D4 division
ROCKNROLLA supports DLX Technology
IDK anything about the Tippmann bag. But I own the PE bag and its really nice. It has a huge main compartment for all my gear(no pod holders though). I keep all my clothes, guns, barrel kits, pods, pod pack, Paintball caddy etc. in here. And it also has 2 large zip pockets on either side which are nice for throwing randow stuff in. It also has another large pocket at the end where I keep My mask, Tank, and two hoppers. There is enough room for another tank as well. It also has an extendable handle and large wheels on the outside which are nice and some heavy duty wheels. The zips are pretty heavy duty and there is a marker lock sytem to lock your marker and bag to a solid object which is nice. I think that if you have the money it is worth it. Otherwise you can find an older used one for cheap. It is very comparable to other bags in price such as dye, empire etc. You can find some you tube videos showing the insides of the bags and stuff... Good luck!

GEARBAG SALE!!!

2 Luxe 2.0's and a 2k2 dragon FS/FT
ROCKNROLLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:33 AM #4
Gamer USA
RON PAUL 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKNROLLA View Post
IDK anything about the Tippmann bag. But I own the PE bag and its really nice. It has a huge main compartment for all my gear(no pod holders though). I keep all my clothes, guns, barrel kits, pods, pod pack, Paintball caddy etc. in here. And it also has 2 large zip pockets on either side which are nice for throwing randow stuff in. It also has another large pocket at the end where I keep My mask, Tank, and two hoppers. There is enough room for another tank as well. It also has an extendable handle and large wheels on the outside which are nice and some heavy duty wheels. The zips are pretty heavy duty and there is a marker lock sytem to lock your marker and bag to a solid object which is nice. I think that if you have the money it is worth it. Otherwise you can find an older used one for cheap. It is very comparable to other bags in price such as dye, empire etc. You can find some you tube videos showing the insides of the bags and stuff... Good luck!
Pretty good rundown! I've actually seen many of the youtube videos but to me it seems the PE bags are just pieces of luggage with really nothing that caters them to paintball. At $170 I find myself hoping for something else I guess.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:04 AM #5
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
Your Tippmann bag looks pretty nice. I don't see a reason to get a different one.

I had a Redz roller bag (hand-me-down from my cousin), and currently have a Mega Bodybag, and both were/are too big for my tastes. My cousin currently has a 2010-ish Eclipse bag which he likes but i don't think he would've gotten it on his own (gf bought it as a gift). The internal dividers are kinda cheezy foam inserts, something you can make easily (and cheap), with a trip to the hardware store and 5-10 min of labor. Seems to be durable, though, and is a decent size for him.

I am, however, an advocate of non-paintball-related bags, since they're often 1/3 of the price. The one i have now is the Ful rolling duffle from Costco. Perfect size for me, holds 2 full gun setups, pack & 4 pods, tools, clothes, rags. Barrels are in plastic tubes to prevent damage. I carry my paint and mask separately (by choice, i don't want either in a bag).

Can't see any of it, but there's tanks in the left pocket (over the wheels), hoppers in the right, and the rest in the main compartment.

Last edited by nerdcore : 05-15-2012 at 10:15 AM.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:14 AM #6
Gamer USA
RON PAUL 2012

I think you are right, I need to start looking around at other bags which will serve the purpose. There is actually a costco near by which I can check!

Old 05-15-2012, 10:17 AM #7
nerdcore
Radical!

Only downside to Costco is the membership. I had a free membership thru my old job, which is when i got the bag. So no extra cost. But many people know someone who has a membership, in case you have your eyes on that. My bag was only $40.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:50 AM #8
Gamer USA
RON PAUL 2012

$40 vs $170? Sounds tasty!

a thought...is it possible to stitch in some pod holders?

Old 05-15-2012, 12:07 PM #9
Open_Truth (Banned)

Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Yes, it is possible to stitch in some pod holders. Unlike a pod pack, you don't need special elastic material to make them from.

Honestly, I have an older one, which I picked up locally from a guy for like $60. And I love it. The main compartment has two dividers, and two zippered pockets that run the length of it. In the center, I have an Ego8 and a Geo in their cases, plus a couple of odds and ends. On one side, I have two to three tanks and two to three hoppers. I think only two of each. On the other side, I have a bunch of pods, more than I can put in my pod pack, but plenty of extras. In each pocket, I have odds and ends, lubes, cleaning supplies, and plenty of barrel bags. The lid also has three pockets, one being big for magazines or print off of manuals, and one of them holds some rechargeable batteries. Then there is the end compartment, which I used to keep cleats in, plus a charger for the batteries. It was also big enough that I could wedge an Empire fairly hard sided mask case as well. Now I keep my Vibram Five Fingers in there with the charger, and when I travel, I keep the mask case in there as well. Finally, there is a pocket near the handle that I keep my old league ID in. When I play, it is easy to stick my keys in there, so I don't have to worry about them. The bag is durable and sturdy, and if you do travel, flying around, it is great for the airports and the crap that they go through with the people that work there.
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:08 PM #10
nerdcore
Radical!

Yeah, you can stitch whatever you want in there. The main duffle area is just one big space. I usually just leave pods in my pack then put the pack in the bag, though, so i don't see a big use for pod sleeves inside the bag.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:46 PM #11
ibunkerupwnd
it was all for lolz

ibunkerupwnd supports Team VICIOUS
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i love my pe bag its huge its the one with the one huge compartment the organal one its so nice
Old 05-15-2012, 04:52 PM #12
Gamer USA
RON PAUL 2012

My only concern with leaving them in my pack is that I dont want the elastic to start to wear out on the ejection part. Part of my OCD is that I like a nice organized bag so If there is a way to stitch in some pod holders, all the better for me. I am going to go to costco(wife has membership) to take a look at the bags. I'll post with what I find!

Old 05-15-2012, 04:59 PM #13
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer USA
My only concern with leaving them in my pack is that I dont want the elastic to start to wear out on the ejection part. Part of my OCD is that I like a nice organized bag so If there is a way to stitch in some pod holders, all the better for me. I am going to go to costco(wife has membership) to take a look at the bags. I'll post with what I find!
when you put your pods in your pack for storage, don't Velcro them in. That way they don't stretch out on you.

I'm looking for a bag too..

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:51 PM #14
Gamer USA
RON PAUL 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by i8somepie View Post
when you put your pods in your pack for storage, don't Velcro them in. That way they don't stretch out on you.

I'm looking for a bag too..
LOL Thats so obvious that I should have thought of it. Thanks! I've got someone going to be sending me a picture of their bag locally so I will post if its a winner...

Old 05-26-2012, 06:24 PM #15
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is Legendary
I got a $30 or $40 luggage from Meijer. Roller bag with lower compartment, and upper duffle-bag style compartment, and one side zippered small compartment.

In the bottom I have:
- my JT gun bag where I put
- - my 2 guns in their foam cases
- - barrels
- - swabs
- 6 pods around the gun bag to protect the case
- Random items (squegees, pod cleans, hopper cleaner, etc.)

In the side pocket:
- Instruction manuals
- spare parts
- lube
- maintenance tools
- etc.

In the main duffle:
- Reds Pack w/ 3 pods in it
- Empire Pack flat
- 2 Halos
- Tank
- 2 Jerseys
- 2 Pants
- Elbow & Knee pads
- Another spare parts container

The top of the duffle used to have the bungee cord, where I put my 2 masks. However, a dog decided the cord made a good chew toy, so I have to replace that

Basically, except for an extra tank and set of pads, I carry enough for 2 players in one bag. I keep the masks out since I just don't feel comfortable putting them in the bag with everything else in there (for the lenses).

EDIT: Watch the magic!!!

Here is everything.

I start with my gun bag with barrels and swabs between so they don't scratch each other...

...then I put the bottom of the foam cases with stock barrels on top...

...then the guns...

...then I close the gun case.

Into the bottom goes a liner and gun case...

...then pods to keep case centered and to provide some protection...

..then close the bottom.

Here is what goes into the side pocket...

...like this.

Now the rest of my stuff...

...into the bottom goes packs and pads, to provide some bottom level protection...

...for tank, halos, extra pods, and any other small/random stuff I put in here...

...I then put pants and jerseys on top everything for top layer protection, with the last spare parts container.

All closed up...

...and the masks would be bungeed down here.

Last edited by Racso : 05-26-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:01 AM #16
combatwombat27

I can see where people would use them but I guess so far Im to cheap. Im sure at some point I will get a pb bag though.
combatwombat27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:24 PM #17
Gamer USA
RON PAUL 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racso View Post
I got a $30 or $40 luggage from Meijer. Roller bag with lower compartment, and upper duffle-bag style compartment, and one side zippered small compartment.

In the bottom I have:
- my JT gun bag where I put
- - my 2 guns in their foam cases
- - barrels
- - swabs
- 6 pods around the gun bag to protect the case
- Random items (squegees, pod cleans, hopper cleaner, etc.)

In the side pocket:
- Instruction manuals
- spare parts
- lube
- maintenance tools
- etc.

In the main duffle:
- Reds Pack w/ 3 pods in it
- Empire Pack flat
- 2 Halos
- Tank
- 2 Jerseys
- 2 Pants
- Elbow & Knee pads
- Another spare parts container

The top of the duffle used to have the bungee cord, where I put my 2 masks. However, a dog decided the cord made a good chew toy, so I have to replace that

Basically, except for an extra tank and set of pads, I carry enough for 2 players in one bag. I keep the masks out since I just don't feel comfortable putting them in the bag with everything else in there (for the lenses).

EDIT: Watch the magic!!!

Here is everything.

I start with my gun bag with barrels and swabs between so they don't scratch each other...

...then I put the bottom of the foam cases with stock barrels on top...

...then the guns...

...then I close the gun case.

Into the bottom goes a liner and gun case...

...then pods to keep case centered and to provide some protection...

..then close the bottom.

Here is what goes into the side pocket...

...like this.

Now the rest of my stuff...

...into the bottom goes packs and pads, to provide some bottom level protection...

...for tank, halos, extra pods, and any other small/random stuff I put in here...

...I then put pants and jerseys on top everything for top layer protection, with the last spare parts container.

All closed up...

...and the masks would be bungeed down here.
that was actually a pretty good breakdown.

I find myself concerned about everything shifting to the bottom when I pull it around. Is there a fix for that?

The main reason i want to stitch in some pod holders is because like many of you, i have a ton of pods. I like to prep and fill as many of those before i ht the field. I would like some way to keep that organized.

I have a line on a discounted PE bag so i will keep everyone posted

Old 05-27-2012, 05:55 PM #18
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer USA View Post
that was actually a pretty good breakdown.

I find myself concerned about everything shifting to the bottom when I pull it around. Is there a fix for that?

The main reason i want to stitch in some pod holders is because like many of you, i have a ton of pods. I like to prep and fill as many of those before i ht the field. I would like some way to keep that organized.

I have a line on a discounted PE bag so i will keep everyone posted
As for keeping stuff from shifting, if you do what I do and pack everything in fairly tight, not much can actually shift.

If you have a metric crap ton of pods, then I would get a separate pod bag. Like a soccer ball mesh bag, just make sure it has a tight enough pattern so pods don't slide out. I used to do that because I have around 30 pods (I made an order online for pods, swabs, and some other misc stuff, but it took forever to get it, and they didn't know where it was, so I cancelled the order and just made a new one, then next day the original order shows up, then the second order about a day or so later). I then realized I could use pods to take up space and make everything sit tighter.

As you can see, I have 11 pods with me, and that is more than I would need as I never really take more than 5 with me on to the field at a time.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:49 PM #19
Gamer USA
RON PAUL 2012

Thats the problem is that I don't have quite enough to fill the pack all the way. I have a complete setup but no real backups.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:03 PM #20
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer USA View Post
Thats the problem is that I don't have quite enough to fill the pack all the way. I have a complete setup but no real backups.
Are you saying you don't have enough to completely fill up a bag? If that is the case, then get a smaller bag, and I wouldn't spend over $50. The type of bag I got comes in different sizes, usually measure in length. I don't know if these are the true lengths, but it is something like 18" 24" 30" etc. I think mine is a 30" so an 18" might be better for you.

Keep in mind quality as well. Mine is fairly cheap, and I won't be surprised when it starts to fall apart, but then again, I didn't pay much for it at all, so that is the trade off. I will say the PE bags I've seen look very durable.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:35 AM #21
KENNY_718

KENNY_718 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
KENNY_718 supports Team VICIOUS
KENNY_718 supports Team VICIOUS
KENNY_718 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
You can get a similar duffle bag with wheel for less. It do the same thing as the Eclipse bag for a fraction of the price. You'll have more money in your pocket for paint and entry fees.