Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Which one would you choose ?
Luxe 2.0 32 42.11%
G6R 44 57.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2012, 11:22 PM #22
Get bunkered (Banned)
PB is a way of life

Get bunkered is playing at Living Legends V
Get bunkered supports Team VICIOUS
Get bunkered has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Get bunkered is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony2714 View Post
Luxes are very heavy and the g6r are the lightest. They both shoot very smooth i love the g6r and i love the luxe but it is too heavy(im very small)
If you think a paintball gun is heavy , you've gotta hit the gym
Get bunkered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:28 AM #23
cozmo5050
<3 brittle paint

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
cozmo5050 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
cozmo5050 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony2714 View Post
Luxes are very heavy and the g6r are the lightest. They both shoot very smooth i love the g6r and i love the luxe but it is too heavy(im very small)

Luxe is heavier in all the right places, like a skinny chick with huge tits and an applebottom ***. Perfect balance.

Shoot a G6R side-by-side with a Luxe and you'll immediately know what feels better.

PBN feedback

"business in the front, party in the back" --- Joe Dirt (2001)
cozmo5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:40 PM #24
ego.92
RELEASE THE KRAKEN

ego.92 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ego.92 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ego.92 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ego.92 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
its all preference bro shoot both and find out... I have a luxe and love it not too good on air but thats not really a problem if you can air up, I just dont like the feel of bob longs in the hands

Houston Heat Fan #36

Urban Pineapple
ego.92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:22 PM #25
Darko9989
MacDev Militia

Annual Supporting Member
Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexatk View Post
Hi,

so I'm hesitating between these 2 awesome guns (Bob Long G6R 2012 and Luxe 2.0).

Just want to have some advises and opinions...

What is important for me?

accuracy: important
smothness: important
maintenance difficulty: important
price: not important
air effeciency: not important

Ok, so out of your "important" qualities:

The G6R and Luxe will be equally accurate. Both flawless.

The Luxe is leagues smoother but the G6R is one of the smoothest poppits you can buy. A poppit just cannot compete with a spool when it comes down to a smooth, quiet shot.

Maintenance I have to give to the G6R. Very simple to take apart and service. Not many o-rings. The gun will go forever. Spools are more difficult and require more maintenance as they contain many more o-rings.

I know it is not important to you but it is worth it to mention efficiency. The G6R is probably the most efficient gun available. You can get well over a case. The Luxe is one of the worst. It is a complete air hog but depending on your playing style that might not mean much.
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:59 PM #26
Paintballplayhah
- Devin

Paintballplayhah owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
in my opinion g6r all the way, I've shot both, and i use a pent and like a tight setup so if your like me g6r is the way to go
Old 11-09-2012, 12:20 PM #27
Davidcroteau32

Have you considered the victory? There pretty sick
Davidcroteau32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:31 PM #28
Beorn1023
Nutz behind the trigger!

Beorn1023 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Beorn1023 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Beorn1023 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Beorn1023 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I shoot a G6R with a 50/4500 peanut tank with a ninja slp. I haven't put in the lp poppit yet but I can shoot a rotor and 6 locklids every game on a 3000 fill and still have between 750 & 1000 psi left at the end of the game.
A buddy has a DM12 (not a luxe but spoolie none the less) and he drains a 68/4500 on about the same amount of paint.
Smoothness on the G6R is outstanding for a poppit valve. Imo it's on par with all but the very best spoolies (Luxe, Clone GT, Vapor) and they knly have a slight edge.
My G6R has NEVER let me down and I highly recommend them to anybody who asks. The setup first thing only takes about 5mins and who doesn't have an extra 5mins for a great day hunting humans!
As far as accuracy is concerned get a DW fibur barrel and a full freak kit or the Pathogen Kit from HustlePaintball and any good level marker will be as accurate as the next.
Just my. 02
Old 11-11-2012, 07:19 PM #29
Darko9989
MacDev Militia

Annual Supporting Member
Darko9989 is BST Trusted
Darko9989 is playing at Living Legends V
Darko9989 is for the Gunfight
Darko9989 supports Pev's Paintball
Darko9989 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Darko9989 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beorn1023 View Post
I shoot a G6R with a 50/4500 peanut tank with a ninja slp. I haven't put in the lp poppit yet but I can shoot a rotor and 6 locklids every game on a 3000 fill and still have between 750 & 1000 psi left at the end of the game.
A buddy has a DM12 (not a luxe but spoolie none the less) and he drains a 68/4500 on about the same amount of paint.
Smoothness on the G6R is outstanding for a poppit valve. Imo it's on par with all but the very best spoolies (Luxe, Clone GT, Vapor) and they knly have a slight edge.
My G6R has NEVER let me down and I highly recommend them to anybody who asks. The setup first thing only takes about 5mins and who doesn't have an extra 5mins for a great day hunting humans!
As far as accuracy is concerned get a DW fibur barrel and a full freak kit or the Pathogen Kit from HustlePaintball and any good level marker will be as accurate as the next.
Just my. 02
I will agree that the G6R is almost as smooth as some of the best spools out there. Great gun.
Darko9989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:13 AM #30
lra7691

Just to tell everyone about the efficiency, sound, and kick of the g6r. I have 2. One with an lp poppet and the other bone stock. Played all day yesterday. Myself and son went through a case each with a single fill and still had 1500-2000 left. Sound wise. His stock g6r is the most quiet gun I've heard other than a clone gt. Kick there is none unless you one hand or like to hold your gun like its a piece of pie. Anyone with a normal grip on any high end feels little to no kick. I love luxes for a spool. Good efficiency, great sound, very east to maintain for a spool, feels lovely and has a nice board. But I like the g6r better for feel, reliability, maintenance, and overall performance and of course the pled. I don't want my gun to talk to me. Overpriced gimic to me but that's my opinion.
lra7691 is offline   Reply With Quote