Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Would you use such a subsection?
Yes. 26 96.30%
No. 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2012, 05:36 PM #22
cww516
clever text goes here

cww516 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Maybe something like "if you think it's possible that your marker doesn't belong here, it probably doesn't" would help clarify. I feel like people who would be looking to make purchases in a vintage/classic forum would be the ones who have a rough guess as to what vintage/classic is, and hopefully the sellers would as well. Another possibility would be "if the manufacturer's forum is under 'Classic Markers,' it definitely belongs in here."

I'd probably go with mech and electro in one forum, keep WTB threads to the existing WTB forum, and only allow markers to be listed once (except for gearbag threads). Basically, same rules as the existing marker B/S/T forums, but with different markers.
cww516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2012, 06:33 PM #23
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
OK, I admit this is at least a consideration.

However, we need to make it as simple as possible. And people can't freak out if they don't get it exactly their way.

Mechanical and Electronic? Old and new? Buying and selling threads in one forum? Still allow people to double list in the proper forum?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatlm View Post
  1. I think Mechanical and electronic separate as subforums within Vintage/Classic would be nice.
  2. WTB threads should remain in the existing WTB. Just to keep it lean.
  3. As far as double posting, you might want to make it a requirement to pick one or the other, but I don't think double posting would stress out the servers unnecessarily when you factor in the amount of said "classic" markers that are actually listed. Its probably not even 5%, so even if you double that its nothing. Just my opinion.

Really hope something comes into fruition. Cheers!
I'll throw in my three cents as well.

-The classic section should work the same as the gearbag section. If I have an HPA tank, I can list it in my gearbag sale thread AND the air systems thread. Double listing =

-No buying threads. All WTB go in the WTB section, period.

-There are very very few markers that are newer than '05 that are really considered to be classics, so I think we should have an "Older than 7 years or remake of a marker that is older than 7 years" to appease the people who bought SFL cockers (rich jerks.)

-If a marker doesn't meet the requirements, we simply move it to the electro or mechanical marker forum with all of the rest of the markers and send the thread starter a PM explaining why it was moved. If they make a compelling case, just move it back.

-I think having pump, electro and mechanical all in one forum will not be a problem simply because there are so few markers that will be posted in it. If you want to do subsections for each, that works too, but I don't have a problem with either way.

-Also, I think any classic marker that is still BNIB should be allowed to be posted in the classic section. I know people find markers every now and then in old proshops that never sold and bring them to the interwebs to sell. If the marker was discontinued 8 years ago, it's really hard to call it "brand new" despite it never having been used before.
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:33 PM #24
Spyderdome
Resurgence

has been a member for 10 years
Spyderdome owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Spyderdome owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Spyderdome is Legendary
Spyderdome is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
I'll throw in my three cents as well.

-The classic section should work the same as the gearbag section. If I have an HPA tank, I can list it in my gearbag sale thread AND the air systems thread. Double listing =

-No buying threads. All WTB go in the WTB section, period.

-There are very very few markers that are newer than '05 that are really considered to be classics, so I think we should have an "Older than 7 years or remake of a marker that is older than 7 years" to appease the people who bought SFL cockers (rich jerks.)

-If a marker doesn't meet the requirements, we simply move it to the electro or mechanical marker forum with all of the rest of the markers and send the thread starter a PM explaining why it was moved. If they make a compelling case, just move it back.

-I think having pump, electro and mechanical all in one forum will not be a problem simply because there are so few markers that will be posted in it. If you want to do subsections for each, that works too, but I don't have a problem with either way.

-Also, I think any classic marker that is still BNIB should be allowed to be posted in the classic section. I know people find markers every now and then in old proshops that never sold and bring them to the interwebs to sell. If the marker was discontinued 8 years ago, it's really hard to call it "brand new" despite it never having been used before.
There are a lot of valid points there. I think 7 years is a good floating number, and it would make new markers eligible every year.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:48 AM #25
ICdzBuff
PL Mogul

ICdzBuff supports Team VICIOUS
ICdzBuff supports Sherwood Forest
ICdzBuff supports Sherwood Forest
ICdzBuff posts videos on PbNation
ICdzBuff is an NCPA player
ICdzBuff supports Pev's Paintball
ICdzBuff has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
It would probably be easiest to do it by weight, as that seems to be the easiest way to confirm if it is old, or a classic, haha.

I think doing it by age could be a bit of a mistake. What about the exalt droid, or the 09 sfl? I would consider those "collectable" but I would not consider an Ironmen DM9 to be collectible. But I guess no matter how you do it, you're going to have exceptions.

I mean, there are only so many older guns, and they're not making them anymore. Maybe just literally type out a list of what belongs here, or better yet, what doesn't. That might be better suited, and you will never have to update it (at least not in the forceable future).

As far as milling and anno, I say leave those two alone. If it is older, it probably has one or the other anyway, and should be listed. If it is a modern gun, with some milling or anno, just list it in the regular b/s/t. Once you start letting custom anno in, then that just opens the floodgates, and it will a sub forum to sell your luxe.

63 ICD Bushmasters \/ Moderator ICDO \/ Feedback ICDO

ICdzBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:38 PM #26
Spyderdome
Resurgence

Spyderdome is Legendary
Breaking down into several sub-forums may be a waste though. I think if you broke it into Elector and Mech that would be more than enough, and I really think some self policing would keep the rubbish out. But then again, I suspect a lot of members have very little self control.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:13 PM #27
Spyderdome
Resurgence

Spyderdome is Legendary
Have we made any progress on this?
Old 04-17-2013, 03:48 AM #28
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
Vegard is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
OK, I admit this is at least a consideration.
I'd say it was a success.
-growing older is mandatory growing up is optional-
Vegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:01 AM #29
gunhero5
Class Cannon Mod

Annual Supporting Member
gunhero5 is a Moderator
gunhero5 is a Supporting Member
gunhero5 is BST Legit
gunhero5 supports Bob Gurnsey
gunhero5 supports our troops
gunhero5 is Immortal
I'd say so too!

OG Supporting Member | Hopelessly Stuck In 2003 | 1TIM6:12
"Quit smiling, you're suppose to be professional." - RR
gunhero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:54 AM #30
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Thanks for the help guys!
John is offline   Reply With Quote